• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SingleDivers.com Congratulates 2 of its own!!!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:18 PM

Great Job
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#17 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:54 PM

It is with absolute JOY that I post this:

As of Monday, Scubatooth and I have BOTH been selected to be DAN interns for this summer!!! :P

Our host site information is in the mail en route to us both and we will let everyone know once we know for sure where we are going!

Thank you so much to everyone for your support and well-wishes!

A belated online congrats, but I was able to congratulate graceful_c via cell on my Hawaii layover just before heading to Guam and Palau!!!

You haven't posted details, so spill them since they are yours to share! Then we can all make plan to pack and visit!! Who-hoo!!! :P
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#18 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:49 PM

Dive_Girl

The plans will be spilled when we know whats going on and where we will be, as we are waiting to know where we will be as much as you all if not more.

Tooth

Good things come to those that wait!

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#19 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:10 PM

:birthday: Wow!!! Congratulations to you both. :birthday:

I am very pround of you! :-D

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

#20 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:43 PM

Now that you have been elevated, you need to fund a tank sherpa (aka DM) to come along and tend to you and your kit.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#21 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:58 PM

Capn

I hate to be a joy kill but both christine and I are both DMs so that isnt a advantage. Beyond that having visitors this summer would be good as it would be good to see familar faces.

If anything we both might need some sponsors this summer, but really wont know until we are given our locations for this summer. Im making some tentaive plans for the summer but not going to move forward on any of the plans until i know for sure.

Dan

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#22 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:17 PM

Now that you have been elevated, you need to fund a tank sherpa (aka DM) to come along and tend to you and your kit.

Tooth, I think what Capn Jack was trying to say is there are some of us who would be ready and willing tag along sherpas.... :birthday:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#23 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:54 PM

ah ok sorry im still trying to recover from my last 24 hour rotation. In that case i dont think either of us would mind that at all.

This summer is going to be real good, and i cant wait just need to finish up a few things before then to top it off.

Capn would bribes of rum and BBQ be a good start?

Tooth

Edited by Scubatooth, 24 March 2007 - 01:56 PM.

#24 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:54 PM

Whatever it takes for me to tag along in absolute awe and obedience. I was hoping for a stipend, but if you're covering my drinks and a major food group, I'm very ok with it.

Now I just need to figure out an income replacement scheme so I can quit work and start doing something fun again.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#25 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:07 PM

Capn

why not see if you cant get IBM to let you do a paid sabatical to do some intensive product development and research for new products?

Tooth

#26 gracefulc

gracefulc

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster - cold water all the way!
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:59 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is with GREAT pleasure and excitement that I announce my DAN internship site for summer 2007....*drumroll*

*trumpets*

SCAPA FLOW, SCOTLAND!!!!!!

WOOHOOO! A full 2 months of World War I German Battleships in cold water amidst some of the most amazing scenery in the world!!!! :P
"You don't need to outswim the shark, just your dive buddy."

DAN Intern for Summer 2007 in Scapa Flow, Scotland!!!

#27 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:04 PM

*symbols*

The location of the other DAN Intern for summer 2007

*so quiet you hear a mouse*

Puerto Rico

A summer of diving on reefs, walls and wrecks on the west coast not to far from aracibo observatory. :P

#28 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:21 AM

Puerto Rico sounds fabulous...but remember I am a cold water nut so I am hoping to visit Scotland this Summer!!! *fingers crossed*

CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH!!! What an amazing opportunity each of you have. I am so glad and proud of both of you for taking the initiative to follow up on this! The rest of us will have to live vicariously! :)

#29 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:07 PM

Here's some Scotland info I ran across!!!

"Scapa Flow lies in the beautiful and remote Orkney Islands just across from the most northerly point of mainland Scotland. It is famous for the wrecks of the German High Seas Fleet that were scuttled here at the end of World War I. There are seven wrecks from the fleet, plus a number of other smaller wrecks that sank under different circumstances. Together these definitely put Scapa in the top ten dive sites of the world. The sheer size of the German wrecks makes for awesome diving. The biggest of the fleet are the three battleships: the Kronprinz Wilhelm, the Markgraf and the Konig, all 177 metres long and weighing 26,000 tons. Because most of the weight of the battleships is on the deck, these have turned over whilst sinking, leaving the hull exposed and most of the deck buried. On these and all the rest of the fleet, huge guns protrude from the wreckage."

Water temperature: 4°C (39°F) in April to 14°C (57°F) in September

Suit: drysuit is highly recommended

Visibility: 10 - 30 metres (30 - 100 feet)

Type of diving: Mostly wreck dives

[source: Dive Site Directory]

SOOOOOOOOOO :)

#30 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:07 PM

*symbols*

The location of the other DAN Intern for summer 2007

*so quiet you hear a mouse*

Puerto Rico

A summer of diving on reefs, walls and wrecks on the west coast not to far from aracibo observatory. :cheerleader:

I have been diving in different parts of Puerto Rico before, and I have traveled around the island. You will see some pretty amazing diving there.

Have fun.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users