• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Need Buddies for Florida Springs

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:26

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:58 PM

Always looking for buddies to dive the North Florida Springs. May be going this weekend and usually like to go at least once a month. Young or old, male or female, butt-ugly is fine--just want to dive! :D

Edited by Stephi, 13 March 2007 - 02:49 AM.

#2 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:14 PM

Well,

I've offered once... and since you said butt ugly is fine, I can't understand what else could be wrong... I can lift heavy tanks, I bathe regularly, I have shiny gear.

Hmmmmm....

#3 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 02:48 AM

Well,

I've offered once... and since you said butt ugly is fine, I can't understand what else could be wrong... I can lift heavy tanks, I bathe regularly, I have shiny gear.

Hmmmmm....

I replied to that post! I said that would be great. Anywho...I would like to go this weekend or next weekend possibly to Ginnie Springs. I'm working on one possibility but they're not sure. Even so, the more the merrier, right? You game? I'm sorry you didn't see my reply. :unsure:

#4 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:02 AM

I could dive this weekend.

-P

#5 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:37 AM

There is talk of a "St Patricks Day Dive" in south east Florida on Saturday.
If my work schedule allows me to dive this weekend I will do that dive.

HOWEVER, if the forecast is for seas too rough for that dive, I would love to dive the springs.

I F

I get people to split the co$t of ga$oline.

Ginnie Springs is probably 275 miles each way from here. I have never dove in fresh water.

#6 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:03 AM

Would anyone have interest in doing something BESIDES Ginnie Springs? It's a nice place, but sometimes I just hate spending the extra $30 unless I am going caving.

#7 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:43 PM

Would anyone have interest in doing something BESIDES Ginnie Springs? It's a nice place, but sometimes I just hate spending the extra $30 unless I am going caving.

I'm open for suggestions Perrone, but I'm not cave certified. So far, we have four people (all maybe) who can dive on Saturday--me, you, Alan above and Shawn. I guess we'll know more towards the end of the week. I've only been to Ginnie Springs, Rainbow River, Blue Grotto, Vortex Springs, and Crystal River w/the Manatees. I only mentioned Ginnie Springs because I believe that's the closest to where I'm at. I could drive a little further if you have some other good ideas. Dee

#8 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:23 PM

At this moment the ocean forecast for Saturday is pretty good.
And the odds of me finding someone to split gas going up there to the springs is pretty low.
So you ought to figure that I will not be at the springs this weekend.

Maybe next time !

I always wanted to go mermaid hunting.

#9 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:26 PM

I am not a maybe. I am saying I can dive this weekend. My choice is whether to do 1 day of diving or 2 at this point.

#10 NCCaveDiver

NCCaveDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Logged Dives:1,000 plus

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:16 AM

I suggest Orange Grove and Troy. Have fun.

#11 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:25 AM

I agree Jordan, but they don't advertise so most people don't know about them. How big is the OW area at Madison Blue? I'm thinking of heading over there next month to check out the area.

#12 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:17 AM

How big is the OW area at Madison Blue? I'm thinking of heading over there next month to check out the area.

It's not that large - maybe on par with the OW area in the main spring at Ginnie. I have not dove it since they reopened it a few years ago, but last I heard they did not allow any OW diving there. You have to be Cavern or Cave certified. I think the entrance fee is about $10.00 for diving. I don't know what amenities are available (air fills, etc).

Let me know if you decide to go sometime soon - Madison Blue is the closest Florida cave to Atlanta (about a 3 hour drive) and can pretty well be done as a day trip. It's been several years since I have dove it, and I have been meaning to go back to check it out.
Will DIR for food!

#13 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:37 AM

How big is the OW area at Madison Blue? I'm thinking of heading over there next month to check out the area.

It's not that large - maybe on par with the OW area in the main spring at Ginnie. I have not dove it since they reopened it a few years ago, but last I heard they did not allow any OW diving there. You have to be Cavern or Cave certified. I think the entrance fee is about $10.00 for diving. I don't know what amenities are available (air fills, etc).

Let me know if you decide to go sometime soon - Madison Blue is the closest Florida cave to Atlanta (about a 3 hour drive) and can pretty well be done as a day trip. It's been several years since I have dove it, and I have been meaning to go back to check it out.

Jim, I am working on making Madison my "home cave" since it's the closest to me. It's about 50 minutes from my house. I do believe they have opened it to OW diving now much like Orange Grove, but I need to confirm that. May only be cavern+. I plan to go the last weekend of the month. I need someone cavern or cave trained to check out the cavern with me. I'd love to have you along.

-P

#14 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:01 AM

I plan to go [to Madison] the last weekend of the month. I need someone cavern or cave trained to check out the cavern with me. I'd love to have you along.

Are you talking about Mar 31? I was tentatively planning to go to the DUI DOG Rally that is being held that weekend in Pelham, AL. Several DIR folks from Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee are all converging there to hang out and do some practice dives. The first weekend of April would work better for me.
Will DIR for food!

#15 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:31 PM

At this moment the ocean forecast for Saturday is pretty good.
And the odds of me finding someone to split gas going up there to the springs is pretty low.
So you ought to figure that I will not be at the springs this weekend.

Maybe next time !

I always wanted to go mermaid hunting.

Don't blame you for not wanting to drive all that way by yourself. That's the problem I have...3.5 hours from the nearest hole. Have fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users