• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Need Buddies for Florida Springs

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#16 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:42 PM

Ok,

What are we doin? What day, what time, what spring. I gotta juice up the doubles. Might even have to go all out and dive a single tank!! :)

#17 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:54 AM

Ok,

Should I assume this is off? I need to make other plans if no one is doing this dive.

-P

#18 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:26

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:44 PM

Ok,

Should I assume this is off? I need to make other plans if no one is doing this dive.

-P

Man, I could just kick myself! I thought you were leaning towards "cave-diving only" so I thought I wouldn't have a buddy because I'm not cave-certified. A guy at work needed someone to cover for him this weekend because his wife is really sick, so I volunteered to work for him in order to free myself up for the next available dive weekend. I'm so sorry I missed out, but I would like to go next weekend if you are going then too. I would just have to have a buddy that would be willing to do OW only. I wouldn't want to be in the way of someone who can do something I'm not certified to do (I'm a really new diver). I hope you still get to go. I just wished that I lived closer so that I could go every weekend like you!

#19 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:24 PM

Hmm,

I thought I was clear in saying that I was willing to dive in OW, and I had every intention of going to Ginnie if that's where you wanted to go. My "cave diving' was going to happen on the other day of the weekend. I'm busy the following week. The last week of the month I hope to do Madison on one day, and could maybe do something else on the other weekend day.

Don't sweat the idea of "getting in the way". I live an hour from the caves and can go whenever I want. I enjoy diving in OW plenty, and I need to work on my skills anyway, so I do that in OW. Maybe we'll hook up another time.

-P

Man, I could just kick myself! I thought you were leaning towards "cave-diving only" so I thought I wouldn't have a buddy because I'm not cave-certified. A guy at work needed someone to cover for him this weekend because his wife is really sick, so I volunteered to work for him in order to free myself up for the next available dive weekend. I'm so sorry I missed out, but I would like to go next weekend if you are going then too. I would just have to have a buddy that would be willing to do OW only. I wouldn't want to be in the way of someone who can do something I'm not certified to do (I'm a really new diver). I hope you still get to go. I just wished that I lived closer so that I could go every weekend like you!

#20 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:19 PM

Well, I'm sorry I missed the chance. I'm finding the hardest thing about diving is finding the opportunity to go and have someone along at the same time. I'll be sure and let you know next time I get the chance to come down. The last weekend of the month I'm supposed to be part of the rescue class--maybe be the dummy or something, but that is only on Sunday, I believe. It's possible that I could go on Saturday. If I don't find someone to go with next weekend, I may just do that. But sure--we can certainly get it together sometime. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hmm,

I thought I was clear in saying that I was willing to dive in OW, and I had every intention of going to Ginnie if that's where you wanted to go. My "cave diving' was going to happen on the other day of the weekend. I'm busy the following week. The last week of the month I hope to do Madison on one day, and could maybe do something else on the other weekend day.

Don't sweat the idea of "getting in the way". I live an hour from the caves and can go whenever I want. I enjoy diving in OW plenty, and I need to work on my skills anyway, so I do that in OW. Maybe we'll hook up another time.

-P

#21 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:57 PM

My next shot will probably be 11-13 April. I'm supposed to get my AOW 14 April at Blue Grotto and Rainbow River. I would like to go down a few days before that to brush up on my skills if anyone is interested. I know it might be tough during the week, but thought I would ask anyway. Thanks!

#22 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:13 PM

We are going to Blue Grotto on the 13th for sure. Me, Reefraff (Bill), Ron from Florida and Mark from Georgia. We will probably go to Ginnie Springs on Saturday. My AOW class was pushed to May, but since I have buddies, I'm going anyway! :D

If anyone else is interested, let me know and I'll keep you informed of the details. Perrone??? :o

#23 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:51 PM

As luck would have it, I will be at Ginnie that day as well. Unfortunately, I will be helping with a cavern class at least part of the day. The NACD is holding a party there at 2pm until about 6pm. I'll be participating in part of those festivities, so please stop in and say hello. I might get a chance to dive with you if I can sneak away from class.

I'll be the black guy in a large black and red drysuit! :D

-P

#24 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:54 PM

I'll be the black guy in a large black and red drysuit! :o

If I had my old drysuit still, we could be Turk and JD ("Scrubs" TV show reference). :D
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#25 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:01 PM

Is that anything like Crockett and Tubbs? (Miami Vice show reference)

I put the suit through it's paces tonight in the pool. It's not perfect, and it will have to go back for some alterations, but WOW was in nice being warm and dry! And it will be MUCH appreciated tomorrow when I dive Madison Blue. Temps are expected to be 33F during the time we're suiting up!!!

-P

#26 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:36 AM

As luck would have it, I will be at Ginnie that day as well. Unfortunately, I will be helping with a cavern class at least part of the day. The NACD is holding a party there at 2pm until about 6pm. I'll be participating in part of those festivities, so please stop in and say hello. I might get a chance to dive with you if I can sneak away from class.

I'll be the black guy in a large black and red drysuit! :o

-P

Wonderful, wonderful! I'll be the the white lady the large black Henderson with purple and blue stripes and a hot pink band on my mask :D Hope to see you!

#27 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:26 AM

I'm supposed to get my AOW 14 April at Blue Grotto and Rainbow River.

Where are they planning to do the deep dive? I hope not at Blue Grotto - that would basically be a cave dive.
Will DIR for food!

#28 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:48 PM

I'm supposed to get my AOW 14 April at Blue Grotto and Rainbow River.

Where are they planning to do the deep dive? I hope not at Blue Grotto - that would basically be a cave dive.

Yes Jim, they are planning the deep dive at Blue Grotto. It's not my favorite place, but I think it will be all right on Friday--not so crowded to cloud things up. We might go to Devil's Den too--depends on what the others want to do.

#29 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:09 PM

Yes Jim, they are planning the deep dive at Blue Grotto.

OK, now I am curious - what agency is it that permits its instructors to conduct Openwater training dives in an overhead environment? This is a violation of standards for every agency that I am aware of (but then I am not necessarily familiar with them all). A deep dive at Blue Grotto is definitely out of the cavern zone, and I would not under any circumstances take any of my students there, not even for a "fun" dive. Surely there are more suitable sites nearby for completing this part of the training.

It's not my favorite place, but I think it will be all right on Friday--not so crowded to cloud things up.

It's not the crowds that I am concerned about. It's the fact that you are being taken on a borderline cave dive to complete requirements for an Openwater class.
Will DIR for food!

#30 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:27 PM

JimG, you're tilting at windmills brother. This is the new world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users