• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Need Buddies for Florida Springs

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:26

Posted 07 June 2007 - 06:32 PM

Hi Stephi,
Add me to your PCB Jetties list. I've snorkeled both sides of the jetties, and Shell Island many times before but would like to take tanks down there next time. According to the local dive shop, the water conditions are poor for this weekend (June 9-10) but maybe next weekend?

I've got you added Tom. Welcome aboard! Next weekend...hmmm....I'm diving this weekend in the local lake but it may be a possibility for next weekend. I'll let you know. If you don't find anyone to dive with this weekend, you are welcome to come to Lake Juliette at 1:00 on Saturday. That invite is open to everyone, by the way. I know it's not much, but if you're really needing a dive and don't have a buddy, we will be there. :usflag:

#62 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Cert Level:diving since high school; rec, tech, cave and wreck, as well as exploration and expedition diving
  • Logged Dives:Thousands... (really!)

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:36 PM

Ginnie pass is $300. JB pass is $200. State pass is $40. State park family pass is $80.

Guess what I bought.

Ummmm...three passes? Can I be your sister, or mother, or something?

Uhh, no. I bought the family pass, so me and my diving buddies can dive all over the state for $80. Best bargain I know of for diving.

I haven't dived Jackson since they raised the price of the pass/permit. Do they now accept a statewide pass in lieu of the more expensive one???? Does that include entry to the Blue Springs (Jackson Blue)? Do you still have to sign in at the Sheriffs' office? I think their pass was the same price for one or two divers, the incentive being to entice divers to have a regular buddy to dive there, although I never understood the "sanity" of the requirement. I used to dive with different buddies and never knew which would be able to make the journey. So, I quit going there... unless things have changed. Also, I think it was not a state park then... is it a state park now? I know Florida has taken over some others, ie. Madison Blue Springs. Inquiring minds want to know... :cheerleader:

ITB
"The most important thing is to never stop breathing"... ITB

Actually, the WORST day of diving is better than the BEST day at work... :)

and... my life is not measured by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of breaths I take UNDER WATER :)

"I see you are no stranger to pain." -- "I was married... TWICE!!!" HOT SHOTS, PART DEUX

#63 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:48 PM

I haven't dived Jackson since they raised the price of the pass/permit. Do they now accept a statewide pass in lieu of the more expensive one????

No.

Does that include entry to the Blue Springs (Jackson Blue)?

No.

Do you still have to sign in at the Sheriffs' office?

Yes.

I think their pass was the same price for one or two divers, the incentive being to entice divers to have a regular buddy to dive there, although I never understood the "sanity" of the requirement.

This is being removed.

Also, I think it was not a state park then... is it a state park now?

Still not a state park.

I know Florida has taken over some others, ie. Madison Blue Springs.

ITB

I'm headed to Madison tomorrow.

#64 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Cert Level:diving since high school; rec, tech, cave and wreck, as well as exploration and expedition diving
  • Logged Dives:Thousands... (really!)

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:52 PM

I haven't dived Jackson since they raised the price of the pass/permit. Do they now accept a statewide pass in lieu of the more expensive one????

No.

Does that include entry to the Blue Springs (Jackson Blue)?

No.

Do you still have to sign in at the Sheriffs' office?

Yes.

I think their pass was the same price for one or two divers, the incentive being to entice divers to have a regular buddy to dive there, although I never understood the "sanity" of the requirement.

This is being removed.

Also, I think it was not a state park then... is it a state park now?

Still not a state park.

I know Florida has taken over some others, ie. Madison Blue Springs.

ITB

I'm headed to Madison tomorrow.

Thanks for the timely response, Perrone! :cheerleader: One day I hope to get back over there to dive.
"The most important thing is to never stop breathing"... ITB

Actually, the WORST day of diving is better than the BEST day at work... :)

and... my life is not measured by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of breaths I take UNDER WATER :)

"I see you are no stranger to pain." -- "I was married... TWICE!!!" HOT SHOTS, PART DEUX

#65 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:07 PM

Thanks for the timely response, Perrone! :cheerleader: One day I hope to get back over there to dive.

I'd like to do the Mill Pond again myself as it's quite beautiful. But at $25 a pop plus fuel costs, it's really more money than I need to be spending. I've got many, many other spring options for far less money. Same reason I am not crazy about Ginnie Springs. That's $30 to dive. Not worth it for me unless I just need to got to high springs for something.

#66 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:04 PM

Hi Stephi,
Add me to your PCB Jetties list. I've snorkeled both sides of the jetties, and Shell Island many times before but would like to take tanks down there next time. According to the local dive shop, the water conditions are poor for this weekend (June 9-10) but maybe next weekend?

I've got you added Tom. Welcome aboard! Next weekend...hmmm....I'm diving this weekend in the local lake but it may be a possibility for next weekend. I'll let you know. If you don't find anyone to dive with this weekend, you are welcome to come to Lake Juliette at 1:00 on Saturday. That invite is open to everyone, by the way. I know it's not much, but if you're really needing a dive and don't have a buddy, we will be there. :cheerleader:

I do have one or two interested in the PC Jetties next weekend if the conditions are right. Can you let me know?

#67 CobraJet

CobraJet

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:40+

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:13 PM

I do have one or two interested in the PC Jetties next weekend if the conditions are right. Can you let me know?

Hi Steph,
As of today, I am good to go Saturday and or Sunday next weekend. I may also have another new diver interested in going that weekend.

Looking forward to it!
Tom
Parker, CO

#68 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:30 PM

Hi Steph,
As of today, I am good to go Saturday and or Sunday next weekend. I may also have another new diver interested in going that weekend.

Looking forward to it!

Our plans are kind of loose right now, but we were talking about Saturday at the jetties, then leaving early Sunday morning and going to Vortex Springs to rinse off. I'll let you know if we can firm this up. I've really been wanting to try the jetties...hope it works out.

#69 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:11 PM

Hi Steph,

Looking forward to it!

Our plans are kind of loose right now, but we were talking about Saturday at the jetties, then leaving early Sunday morning and going to Vortex Springs to rinse off. I'll let you know if we can firm this up. I've really been wanting to try the jetties...hope it works out.

Looks like we're not going to make it this weekend. My dog is having surgery and it's turned out to be more complicated than I thought. Probably need to stick close to home. I'll keep in touch though for a future trip. Have fun!

#70 CobraJet

CobraJet

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:40+

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

Hi Steph,
Thanks for the update. Hope all goes well with your dog.

As of now I'll plan on diving Saturday at Morrison Springs, and a couple of wreck dives on Sunday a few miles off the jettie. Anyone else interested, lemme know...
Tom
Parker, CO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users