• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

06/07 5th Annual PNW Underwater Treasure Hunt, HH, & 2-Tank SD Boat Dive (FULL!)

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#1 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:47 AM

We're getting a jump start on this year's 5th Annual PNW Underwater Treasure Hunt!!

For the third consecutive year, Single Divers will be hosting a booth at the Annual PNW Underwater Treasure Hunt and Happy Hour to follow (see below for details)! And again we will plan on a 2-tank Bandito boat dive the day after the hunt (see below for details)! Weather has been fantastic the last two years SD has attended this event and also two years running one of our stars of the PNW, the Giant Octopus, has greeted visiting divers including SD's very own WreckWench!! Come see why we cold water divers are such fanatics!

5TH ANNUAL NW UNDERWATER TREASURE HUNT & DIVE SHOW
Owen Beach, Point Defiance Park, Tacoma, Washington
Saturday June 23rd, 8am-4pm

Treasure Hunt & Dive Show Events and Schedule

8am Diver registration
9-11am Seminars
1 p.m. Treasure Hunt

Free Seminars: Experts will present seminars on diving using rebreathers (9am) and dive travel in British Columbia (10am). Certified dive instructors will provide safety, guidance and training advice (11:30am).

Prize Preview: At 11am, see all the great prizes before they are given away. Hear about the spectacular resorts, live-aboards and charters. See all the great new gear.

Gear Demos: Check out the latest and greatest equipment on the market today. Manufacturers will be offering free test dives on Oceanic’s new Heads Up display mask and Whites drysuits.

Contests and Prizes: Divers have a chance to win more than $40,000 in prizes. Dive trips to Mexico’s Sea of Cortez, Papua New Guinea, Florida and British Columbia are included along with dive and snorkeling gear as well as local dive charters.

Owen's Park directions:

From I-5: Take exit 132 (Hwy 16). Proceed west on Hwy 16 approximately 3 miles and exit on the 6th Avenue exit (signed Vashon ferry). Turn left onto 6th Avenue at the stop light. Turn right at the next stop light onto Hwy 163 (Pearl Street). Proceed north on Pearl Street, approximately 3.5 miles, to Point Defiance Park. Directional signs will lead you to Owen beach and the Kayak Symposium.

Parking is available at the entrance to Point Defiance Park, the Boathouse, Funland, Parking Lot B, Owen Beach, Main and Rustic Picnic Sites, at all view areas, Never Never Land and Fort Nisqually. During early hours, the Zoo back lot can be used.

Click here for a Pt. Defiance Park area street map.

Who's Working the Booth:

1. Kamala aka WW
2. Michelle aka cmt489
3. George aka Tolly
4. Colleen aka gisgal
5. Mark aka DIVEAK

HAPPY HOUR
Duke's Chowder House, 3327 Ruston Way, Tacoma, WA
Saturday June 23rd, 4pm-the party runs out

After the treasure hunt, we will host a Happy Hour at Duke's Chowder House! Posted Image Dukes is located along Ruston Way next to Katie Downs. Their cucumber mojitos and ahi quesadillas come highly recommended!

Who knows maybe you too can be caught in compromising deceptive Happy Hour photos with other SD members.... :D
Posted Image
(cmt489, Dive_Girl, WreckWench, and GlazingMcGyver)

BANDITO 2-TANK BOAT DIVE
Posted ImageNEW DEPARTURE SITE: A Dock, Dock Street, Tacoma, WashingtonPosted Image
CLICK HERE FOR DOCK & PARKING DIRECTIONS
Sunday June 24th, 2pm departure - please arrive no later than 1:30pm

Charter Information:

Bandito Charters is one of our wonderful Puget Sound dive charters! All Bandito boats have an enclosed cabin area with heat for the cooler times of the year, and a head. All boats are Coast Guard Inspected vessels with all the equipment required by the Coast Guard for a vessel of that size on the inland waters of Puget Sound. Each boat is equipped with an Oxygen kit for dive emergencies. All boats are wet boats - you can wear your exposure suit throughout.

Lunch of soup, sandwiches, and snacks are included.

NOTE - unlike most dive charter areas, Pacific Northwest dive charters DO NOT provide tanks and weights. Divers are responsible to provide all personal equipment.

Pt. Defiance departure dock directions:

From I-5: From I-5, take Exit 132 (the Highway 16 / Gig Harbor Exit). Take Highway 16 to the 6th Ave. Take a LEFT on 6th Ave. and get into the Right lane to take a RIGHT onto Pearl Street. Take Pearl St. North to the stop sign before the Point Defiance park entrance. Follow the Ferry signs down the hill bear to the right of the park toward the ferry terminal, but don’t get in the ferry line. Proceed down the hill past the ferry lines to the docks on the right side of the Ferry landing. Unload at the docks and then pass back across the Ferry lines to the public parking section of the large lot by Anthony’s at Point Defiance Restaurant.

Click here for a Pt. Defiance area street map.

It is likely for those interested, we may talk the crew into joining us after the dives for a social hour at Paddy Coynes just right as you dip into the downtown area from Ruston Way on Ninth and Pacfic Avenue. Serious Irish flair and some food favorites of the Banditos Crew!

Divers Flying In:

NOTE - unlike most dive charter areas, Pacific Northwest dive charters DO NOT provide tanks and weights. Divers are responsible to provide all personal equipment. Contact Dive_Girl via email or PM regarding local dive shop info so you may arrange for tanks and weights.

Payment Information:

2-tank dive - $70 (this doesn't include tip for Bandito crew - it is customary to tip $5 per dive per day)
Please add 3% if paying via paypal or via credit card. (Please ask for the credit card authorization information)

If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to SingleDivers.com email = kamala@singledivers.com Be sure to include your address, contact number and screen name as well as the trip name you are sending money for in the details section.

If paying via check or money order, please send payment with screen name & trip name on memo line on the check to:

Kamala Shadduck
SingleDivers.com
3957 Gaspar Ste#200
Dallas, TX 75220
214-350-7003
kamala@singledivers.com

Who's Going Diving With Bandito! ONLY 10 LUCKY PEOPLE!!!

1. Kamala aka wreck wench - pd - survey/waiver
2. Nicolle aka Dive_Girl - pd
3. George aka Tolly - pd
4. Michelle aka cmt489 - pd
5. Shane - friend of dive_girl - pd
6. Luke - friend of dive_girl - pd
7. Mark aka DiveAK - pd
8. Kimberly aka KCDiving - pd
9. Tony aka TonyL - pd
10. Colleen aka gis_gal - pd

Check's In the Mail:

2. Kevin aka kevininpo

Bubble Watchers

Still haven't made up your mind to join??? Read about last year's fun and shananigans here!

WOW!!!

We just got news that Cochran Undersea Technology will be co-sponsoring our Happy Hour after the event on Saturday. Come one come all...we'll start at 4pm and end when you do! :P

This should be the largest show yet...

1000 tickets are being printed...
Each ticket is worth over $850 in discounts from Cochran, Dive Rite, Armour, DUI, Oceanic & Aries, Henderson, Ocean Reef & SeaSoft
SingleDivers.com will be the show's Buddy Finder...Need a Buddy? We got Plenty!!!
SingleDivers.com and Cochran Undersea Technology will be hosting the first ever Saturday Night Show Ending "Mix & Mingle"
SingleDivers.com will be diving with Bandito Charters the next day....in the afternoon so that we can PARTY after the show!

We need help in the booth and at the show....we need your support of the show....and we need you to come and help us eat & drink after the show! Oh yes...and go diving with us on Sunday! :sleepy:

New Departure Dock location. A Dock on Dock Street.

Detailed info here: http://www.banditoch...ages/Maps_7.htm and below

Posted Image

Edited by WreckWench, 20 June 2007 - 03:40 PM.

It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#2 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:52 AM

WOOHOO!! Definately looking forward to this event again! We had such a great time last year!

#3 sudsymark

sudsymark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Cert Level:Certified as teenager, SSI DiveCon and Scuba Ranger Instructor
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:32 AM

:welcome: Looks to be lots of FUN!!!!!! :P
In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we underdstand; and we will only understand what we are taught. -Baba Dioum

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:45 AM

Nicolle aka Dive_Girl is so awesome! She has done a great job getting this set up for us this year! :welcome:

This year SingleDivers.com will be hosting a super cool Happy Hour on Saturday that the show is going to promote AND we'll be located right next to registration so that we can help people find buddies for the hunt!!! :P

So if you want to help us at the show we'd love the help as they need us! And if you want to dive with Bandito it will fill out fast! So don't delay!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#5 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:18 PM

DG ~ You know me too well. :P GG's B&B is available if needed.
Defininately planning on diving.
I will make sure to arrive on time and with "Apple Goodness" for everyone.

Not sure if I am diving the treasure hunt this year.
If not I can hang out and assist at the booth as needed.

Is it June yet?
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#6 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:30 PM

DG ~ You know me too well. :P GG's B&B is available if needed.

Is it June yet?

You mean your APPLE SIN!?? Oh yeah! Topside is almost more fun than diving the hunt I tell you! :P
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#7 Diver_C

Diver_C

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:115

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:53 AM

DG - do you know which dive sites Banditos will be visiting that day? Some new sites would be nice, i.e., Day Island Wall, the Narrows, or other places. No Maury Island Barges please.
Go Fast, Turn Left. http://www.apbanw.com - http://www.goboatracing.net
Wa. state family law attorneys http://www.danceycassady.com

#8 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:09 PM

DG - do you know which dive sites Banditos will be visiting that day? Some new sites would be nice, i.e., Day Island Wall, the Narrows, or other places. No Maury Island Barges please.

I will answer for DG.. :)

Rick usually lets us pick the dive sites we want.
Based on the dive skills of the divers and the currents.
No Maury Island Barges is NOT a problem.

We can check with Rick when it gets closer to the dive day.
He is great at knowing what sites are good each and every dive.
Have to appreciate his knowledge of the local waters.

KVI Towers, Z's Reef, Sunrise are a few of my favorites.

DG ~ "Apple Sin" I like it ~ Thanks, from now on its "Apple Sin" I will be bringing. :evilgrin:

Edited by gis_gal, 01 April 2007 - 01:10 PM.

Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#9 Diver_C

Diver_C

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:115

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:36 PM

Thanks GG. Day Island currents are good that weekend. Since Day Island Wall is my favorite Washington dive, will probably have to dive it. Will have to wait until closer to the date about the boat dive. Happy Hour after Treasure Hunt sounds fun!
Go Fast, Turn Left. http://www.apbanw.com - http://www.goboatracing.net
Wa. state family law attorneys http://www.danceycassady.com

#10 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:18 AM

Well George and I have officially booked and paid for our room for that weekend :birthday: See everyone there!

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:33 AM

Well George and I have officially booked and paid for our room for that weekend :cool2: See everyone there!

Suhweet! Is he diving too? Heck this boat will be filled by the end of the month at this rate! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:50 AM

DG ~ You know me too well. :birthday: GG's B&B is available if needed.

Is it June yet?

:cool2: Let me tell you GG is one of the best host's around!

We'd love to have you help in the booth if you don't participate in the hunt...we'll be pairing up divers for the hunt so that will be fun! :birthday:

formerly...

#13 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:54 PM

We have received confirmation on our boat dives scheduled for Sunday. We have an afternoon departure!! :blush:

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:37 PM

We have received confirmation on our boat dives scheduled for Sunday. We have an afternoon departure!! :blond:

Great news! That means we can party Saturday and recover Sunday am! :blush:

formerly...

#15 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+