• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

06/07 5th Annual PNW Underwater Treasure Hunt, HH, & 2-Tank SD Boat Dive (FULL!)

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#16 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 03 April 2007 - 11:20 AM

I'll be putting on the Calendar...
Thanx...

So are you joining us diving? Let me know so we can add you to the sign up list!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#17 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:11 PM

Ahhhh.. the "C-word"... (committment)

I"m checking now, unfortunately, it falls in a hi-Priority Tidal exchange, meaning is on a great "Low Current/tide" day which opens up some good spots... There's talk of several spots and I'm checking them out now... so back in a bit with a committment eh???
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:19 PM

Ahhhh.. the "C-word"... (committment)

I"m checking now, unfortunately, it falls in a hi-Priority Tidal exchange, meaning is on a great "Low Current/tide" day which opens up some good spots... There's talk of several spots and I'm checking them out now... so back in a bit with a committment eh???

So is that a good thing or bad? The whole low current tide thing?

As for committment...committment is ALWAYS good! :blush:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#19 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:25 PM

Well it's a good thing if one wants to dive some Current Intensive areas, as it allow the diving, where the currents are too high/fast to do them ordinarily... I"m just going by what was mentioned as several options to dive, so might just be a bunch of "Hooey"...

As for committment...committment is ALWAYS good! :P

LOL... spoke like a true Commit-or..... (reciever of a committment) :lmao:

Edited by fbp, 03 April 2007 - 07:26 PM.

fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.

www.poolesweb.com/

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:32 PM

Well it's a good thing if one wants to dive some Current Intensive areas, as it allow the diving, where the currents are too high/fast to do them ordinarily... I"m just going by what was mentioned as several options to dive, so might just be a bunch of "Hooey"...

Well then perhaps new destinations can be considered given the opportunity for new sites! I'm open to anything except for the one site where you can blown into a downcurrent....tried that one once and it was beautiful but we were lucky...I think is was Dalco Wall or something like that. Other than that...I'm open to any site we go too! I'm sure the final decisions will be made closer to the actual trip...but I'm sure we can find something you like...I'll give you my vote so that gives you two! :lmao:

As for committment...committment is ALWAYS good! :P

LOL... spoke like a true Commit-or..... (reciever of a committment) :lmao:

Yep....been practicing...got the real thing coming up soon...if ya know what I mean! :P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#21 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:45 PM

Heheh... yah, I'm sure Bandito and the PNW Crew will come up with something... they always do, perhaps Sunrise??,
whatever...

Oh? you Leaving 'SINGLE" Diver status... Oh my.... LOL, Just joking...

Looking forward to doing some overseas trips coming up... more to follow... luckily, I don't have an "SO" (Significant Other) to try to impress, heheh... so can choose any trip..
Toodles...
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.

www.poolesweb.com/

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:50 PM

Heheh... yah, I'm sure Bandito and the PNW Crew will come up with something... they always do, perhaps Sunrise??,
whatever...

Oh? you Leaving 'SINGLE" Diver status... Oh my.... LOL, Just joking...

Looking forward to doing some overseas trips coming up... more to follow... luckily, I don't have an "SO" (Significant Other) to try to impress, heheh... so can choose any trip..
Toodles...

Oooh I think Sunrise was one of the really cool spots I dove before! That's a good one! But if you say you are going I'll give you my vote! :lmao:

So are you going already? Sounds like it will be a great weekend! :lmao:

As for going on some of our trips....WOO!!! HOO!!! Any chance it might be one where you could be a cabana boy? :P

As for me losing my 'single' status...I'll just be one of the MBBD's!!!

formerly...

#23 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 04 April 2007 - 10:32 AM

What I want to know is are we going tobe able to lure 6gill down our way this year!!?? :)
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#24 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:22 PM

DG ~ Let me know if you need my help in luring 6gill down our way.
Not sure what I can do to assist but always willing to help a sistah.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#25 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 04:46 PM

We have a 2pm departure time - please plan to arrive no later than 1:30pm for loading.

GG - I have to put my thinking beanie on!

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:41 PM

DG ~ Let me know if you need my help in luring 6gill down our way.
Not sure what I can do to assist but always willing to help a sistah.

Add me to the list of helpers to get 6gill and FPB to join us! :)

formerly...

#27 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 12:53 PM

We have Happy Hour info! We'll be getting together directly after the hunt at Duke's Chowder House on Ruston Way (3327 Ruston Way)!

#28 TonyL

TonyL

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:08 PM

I would love to join you for this. I will have to look at my calendar to see if I will be in the area then. I may just be a bubble watcher anyway. :thankyou:

Day Island would be great if the currents are right. Sunrise may also be a good place. I have never dove it from the water side (I realize that that statement made no sense to anyone who hasn't been there). As much as I love Dalco, I think that the drop there and North Wall would be too much for me right now. Zee's Reef is always a nice second dive.

Tony

#29 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:19 PM

Day Island would be great if the currents are right. Sunrise may also be a good place. I have never dove it from the water side (I realize that that statement made no sense to anyone who hasn't been there). As much as I love Dalco, I think that the drop there and North Wall would be too much for me right now. Zee's Reef is always a nice second dive.

Honestly, I don't care for Dalco as there isn't really that much to see and when accomodating a group of divers with varying levels, especially divers who are crazy enough to come in from Texas and only dive cold water only once a year... :twist: Dalco is not a choice I would make. There is so much more to see in our waters at other sites and since we only have two dives to show off our waters, I say show them the best sites we can. Plus good critter watching sites accomodates photographers like FBP. The suggestions of Day Island and Sunrise are leading the top of most lists. Zees is always a solid critter performing dive and not that deep nor too much water movement. I'll email Rick to get his thoughts.

Sounds like you are getting back on your feet and maybe back in your fins? I do know a better way to spend your topside time, come work the booth with us Saturday! :thankyou:

#30 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:34 PM

Tony ~ If you can make it even as a bubble watcher it would be great.
I know George would love the company.

Sounds like Delco is out and I have dove the North Wall a few times so ok with not doing it this time.
I am in favor of Sunrise ~ from the water or from the land ~ spoken like a hearty PNW diver :P .
Z's is always a favorite of mine.

I have never dove Day Island but would love to add it to my "sights dove" list.

This trip is rounding out nicely. Can't wait till June
DG ~ How did you get us an afternoon departure time??? You must tell me your secret.

Edited by gis_gal, 05 April 2007 - 02:35 PM.

Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users