• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Singledivers.com at Beneath the Sea Report!!!

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#121 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:31 AM

Never changes, Meadowlands Expo center in Secaucus (sp?), NJ, 3rd week in March, so for 2008 its March 21st -23rd, 2008. There are a few hotels right there, Embassy suites, Holiday Inn, Amerisuites, Courtyard, and Hampton Inn. For those with Mariott points your all covered with 2 hotels right there, the Holiday Inn didn't seem too far of a walk for me, maybe 150 yards away from the front entrance with valet parking to BTS (2 people did complain it was too far after the happy hour and asked about embassy suites next year, also I would emplore all to use the Valet parking at $8 for the weekend, its harder for them to lose a car :fish: ), We will try and goto Courtyard next year or the year after (it takes a while to build points AND get rooms with them before they're gone) We are at least guaranteed the Holiday Inn for next year again.

I hope whomever said that the Holiday Inn was too far away to walk after the HH had on 7 in heels or was only teasing! Having a FREE room WALKING distance to the convention center was PRICELESS! These rooms are extremely expensive and it takes a lot of clout for Colin to get them free DURING a convention. The Holiday Inn or the Courtyard are perfect for our purposes. Heck last year I was excited about a free room 2 miles away...this year it was 2 minutes away...Colin you RULE!!! :D

And Colin you are one of our MVP's of the show!!! :)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#122 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:36 AM

Ok - I finally took a long enough break from snowboarding to read this whole thread.

First of all (this should give everyone a chuckle) when I read about the flowers and teddy I was thinking of a totally different type of teddy. I thought, "wow, that's a pretty daring step for a secret admirer...". But then I realized it was a bear and not lingerie! Whew! Apparently, I have to get my mind out of the gutter.

Now....for my newest diabolical idea for next year's BTS! (I am full of them):
How about a bachelor auction? (only after the bachelors have finished carting the mermaids around of course...). Then we can determine once and for all whether Trace or Moose is the bigger "player" and we could donate all the money we raise to stopping shark finning or whatever we decide and cause a huge spectacle and get lots of publicity for SD. Of course if any of our lovely ladies want to volunteer, we could have a bachelorette auction as well.

OK - I'm off to the mountain....

FANTASITIC IDEA!!! And now is the time to start planning it! Someone want to start a new thread in the Eastern Seaboard forum called Bachelor & Bachelorette Charity Auction for BTS 2008? Then we can start the planning now and really pull this off.

I second the support of stopping shark finning or a similar worthy cause. We can look at some of our worthy causes we support now...notably HSA Handicapped Scuba Association as well as a number of other great causes.

Don't forget our very own Hipshot, Penguin and several other front runners for SD HOT HUNKS!! Heck we might even get our very own hunky PerroneFord to come up north to be part of the fun! :P

man the things i miss while on the eliptical for 30 minutes. :banghead:

<in my best monty burns impression>

interesting, very interesting.

perrone was that a TMI for you to absorb this early in the day?

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#123 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:01 AM

How about a bachelor auction? (only after the bachelors have finished carting the mermaids around of course...). Then we can determine once and for all whether Trace or Moose is the bigger "player"

I'd be game for this, but I would image that I would end up OWING money while Trace racks up a small fortune!

I was in a bachelor auction once, but she returned me! :banghead:

Now, if we made the women pay money to NOT have me go home with them, we could cure cancer, end war, and build a city on the moon. (or almost enough to buy a double mochiato at Starbuck$) :P
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#124 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:09 AM

Have you tried your magic tricks on them yet??

Once they see Magical Moose, they will all be yelling "SOLD!!"

#125 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:12 AM

<in my best monty burns impression>

perrone was that a TMI for you to absorb this early in the day?

You know how when you're lounging in your silk robe early on a Tuesday morning, reading the WSJ, and wondering if you should wax the Ferrari today, or just take the limo... and just then, your supermodel girlfriend who's lounging by the pool calls into you and asks for you to bring the suntan lotion and a privacy towel?

No?

Me either... but this vision was really close! :banghead:

#126 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:15 AM

They didn't work on George! :banghead:
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#127 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:25 AM

They didn't work on George! :banghead:

Well, they aren't supposed to work on George!!

#128 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:09 PM

I live only about 15-20 min from there so someone is welcome to crash on my futon.

Dear God.

Warning! That futon comes with a big dog with a heat seeking cold nose.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#129 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:18 PM

I'll keep my undergarment on.

#130 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:32 PM

Warning! That futon comes with a big dog with a heat seeking cold nose.

Describe big, as i dont have a problem with a big live pillow

Moose - no we do it the easy way until the bids hit a certain level the perspective bidders only get to see from the neck up. once a certain level is hit then the rest can be shown. then also just make it like ms america, evening wear, talent but NO SWIMWEAR. that should improve the odds for you.

LOL :banghead:

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#131 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:36 PM

Never changes, Meadowlands Expo center in Secaucus (sp?), NJ, 3rd week in March, so for 2008 its March 21st -23rd, 2008.

Just a technical note...it's held on the fourth weekend of March. For a long time it was the third weekend of March, but it was moved a few years ago, as not to conflict with a basketball tournament. Given the ice storm that we had during the third weekend of this March, I'd say it was a good thing.

Rick

:banghead:

Succisa virescit (Latin for "When cut down, it grows back stronger." It was a sign posted at the Duke Lacrosse Team's home opener this year.)

#132 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:56 PM

Just a technical note...it's held on the fourth weekend of March. For a long time it was the third weekend of March, but it was moved a few years ago, as not to conflict with a basketball tournament. Given the ice storm that we had during the third weekend of this March, I'd say it was a good thing.

And we still get Basketball at the same time. Fri and Sat my hotel was overrun with USC.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#133 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:58 PM

How about a bachelor auction? (only after the bachelors have finished carting the mermaids around of course...). Then we can determine once and for all whether Trace or Moose is the bigger "player"

I'd be game for this, but I would image that I would end up OWING money while Trace racks up a small fortune!

I was in a bachelor auction once, but she returned me! :)

Now, if we made the women pay money to NOT have me go home with them, we could cure cancer, end war, and build a city on the moon. (or almost enough to buy a double mochiato at Starbuck$) :)

Don't worry...Kamala can sell anything!
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users