• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

You aren't wearing THAT!!!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:18 AM

Wow... I didn't know Louis Vuitton made dive bags!

...and yet here is the proof...

Quote from here posted below

Some bags defy even Italian instructors' powers of analysis. Recently a diver who turned up with all his equipment in a Louis Vuitton bag was deemed to be very capable, simply because he had the means and nerve to employ such a fashionable accessory.
It was a mistake - the diver in question had little knowledge of buoyancy, and was seen sending red coral flying in all direction from his cylinder, as it scraped under overhangs and banged against walls.

Plus...

Louis Vuitton Dive Watch...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#17 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:19 PM

I always try and take a woman with me when I need to go shopping. It's usually my roommate or her best friend. It's good to have a woman's perspective most of the time :cheerleader:
I put my right foot in, I put my left foot out, I do the aikipokey and throw you all about :D

#18 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:08 PM

I always try and take a woman with me when I need to go shopping. It's usually my roommate or her best friend. It's good to have a woman's perspective most of the time :cheerleader:

Isn't it the truth? To be honest, my first girlfriend WAS a witch about me looking ever so perfect. That turned me off and I ignored her.

This significant other has been a true "woman's perspective". Her comments have been constructive and actually get me compliments from others. That is why I actually take her advice. It's a win-win situation. She gets to look at me looking nicer and I get the self-confidence from looking a little more in style. The other fringe benefit... she buys most of the clothes. :thankyou: Several of the outfits have made me say... "Why haven't I looked at these type of clothes for myself before?"

If you want to see some good natured ribbing about how some men rely on their significant others for that perspective...

Bill Engvall- "Here's Your Sign"---> He's been married for 21 years and he tells some great jokes about how he gets help in this matter from his wife.

Jeff Foxworthy---> We were watching a comedy tape with him in it and laughed when he talked about how his wife helps him select clothes.

Larry David on the "Curb Your Enthuaism" series---> There is one scene where he is wearing an outfit that is hideous and his wife tells him that they aren't leaving until he changes as the dinner party is important.

But anyways, I have definitely learned a lesson over the last six months about the good value of a woman's kind eye towards improving my appearance :thankyou: .

BTW, she was correct on the wallet. It was over ten years old and was falling apart. I had been stuffing business cards in it and it was a thick pile. I do keep it in my car as a business card holder. The wallet was extremely ratty and was WAY overdue for replacement. I was just too stubborn to do so. As a result, she bought me a new one. Out of respect to my father who gave me that wallet as a Christmas gift years ago, she helped me find a good use for it instead of throwing it out.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#19 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 29 March 2007 - 12:15 AM

I'm sticking to my guns... I don't want a woman who tells me what clothes to wear, I want a woman who tells me to take off the clothes I already have on. Mischievous grin.

#20 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:52 AM

I'm sticking to my guns... I don't want a woman who tells me what clothes to wear, I want a woman who tells me to take off the clothes I already have on. Mischievous grin.

What about the kind who sort of does both (just at different phases of the evening)? <mischeivous grin>

Sometimes the suggestions of what to wear can lead to more rapid removal of said attire at the end of the evening.

I'm not saying that it happens with all cases, but I would venture to say that it happens more often than not. There are rewards for presenting oneself in ways that their mate finds attractive. <evil grin>
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#21 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:58 AM

OK, I think I have a different perspective on this. I not only welcome a female’s help with my clothing selections, but I just about require it! I’ve been told that I dress like, “A cocktail waitress on an oil rig.” And that was on a GOOD day! :cheerleader:

Often in a relationship, I have what I refer to as “That weekend.” It’s where me and my SO sit down and go through my clothes. She is given carte blanche to get rid of any piece of clothing that she wants. Then, we go out and buy a new wardrobe for me. It fits her fashion sense and often looks very good on me (people notice the change after these weekends.)

Oh, if you want to make a woman REALLY happy, let her take you clothes shopping with no limit on spending! :thankyou:

The problem with this approach is that when I’m single for a few years, my wardrobe becomes tried, dated, and woefully inadequate. Sometimes I’ve managed to get a friend’s wife or sister to go with me, but they don’t seem as involved in the process.

A few years ago, there was actually a letter writing CAMPAIGN to get me on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy! There were so many letters from different people that the show contacted ME and gave me a list of some of the “highlights” from the letters… (Remember, these comments are from my FRIENDS describing me and my fashion sense.) (Note-Many people know me as “Inch” Don’t ask, it’s a LONG story! :thankyou: )

-A few comments on Inch's style... Inch is a geek to the bone. (I'm sure he would take that as a compliment.) He chooses function over form in all aspects of his life.

-Clothes - mainly t-shirts and jeans. Only jacket I've ever seen him wear is an aerostitch or a riding leather. I think he wore the leather jacket to my wedding. (Don't worry - it was appropriate attire for the occasion.)

-Food - Just look in his refrigerator. That will tell the whole story. I remember years ago he had a bunch of to-go Styrofoam boxes of cafeteria food he bought at work to serve as dinner for the week. Cooking is limited to burger/dog grilling.

-Grooming - Inch is the kind of guy that would use a bar of ivory soap as soap, shampoo, toothpaste, shaving cream and dish detergent. If you were to look in his medicine cabinet, you would probably find a roll of duct tape and a can of WD-40. Maybe a spare leatherman tool would be in there too. He has one hair cut - buzz using #1 clippers.

-Household - Why get a maid when a leaf blower and power spray washer will do?

-Culture - This is one area where Eric departs from geekdom. He really has very varied interests in music and the arts.

-Stuff - Inch has more stuff than me. That's hard to do. His shop, the Garage Mahal, is as big as my house. He has remotes to control his remotes. I am green with envy.

-I'd be happy to participate in this in any way you'd want. My only thought is the fab five might turn tail and run once they get a tour of the Inchville campus. This would be their greatest challenge yet.”

The show declined when they found out where I live. (out of there “area” as they put it.)
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#22 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:17 AM

Too funny, Moose.

I'm with Dr. Bill on this topic. It's more fun undressing a guy than dressing him. :welcome:

#23 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:22 AM

The show declined when they found out where I live. (out of there “area” as they put it.)

I guess we can add locationally challenged to the list as well... Their loss dude... :welcome:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#24 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:34 AM

Moose now that I've seen you...I could do quite well to help dress you! As for taking the clothes off...well you are on your own there but I'll see if I can get a few mermaids to help with that!!! :welcome:

I have taken a number of guys over the years to revamp a wardrobe to either be successful at work, get a gals attention or to just come into the current century!

Yes...geeks have been my friends from my first date with one in Junior High! :P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#25 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:54 AM

I have taken a number of guys over the years to revamp a wardrobe to either be successful at work, get a gals attention or to just come into the current century!

Well the "work" thing is part of the problem. Either I work in a uniform (provide by my rich uncle, Sam) or I get to wear whatever I want (which normally means tee-shirt and shorts.) In some cases, I have to wear, uh, lets just say a "costume."

Us geeks pioneered the "casual dress" policies most companies have. We refused to wear ties and closed toe shoes. As a result, companies soon realized that technology was more important than making everyone wear suits to work.

As for getting a gals attention, I never had a problem there, my problem is getting GOOD attention! :P

Lastly, what do you mean, "Come into the current century?" Clothes expire? Geeze, first condoms, now clothes! I don't need this kind of pressure!!!!! :P

Edited by Moose, 29 March 2007 - 09:55 AM.

Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#26 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:57 AM

OK, I think I have a different perspective on this. I not only welcome a female’s help with my clothing selections, but I just about require it! I’ve been told that I dress like, “A cocktail waitress on an oil rig.” And that was on a GOOD day! :P

Often in a relationship, I have what I refer to as “That weekend.” It’s where me and my SO sit down and go through my clothes. She is given carte blanche to get rid of any piece of clothing that she wants. Then, we go out and buy a new wardrobe for me. It fits her fashion sense and often looks very good on me (people notice the change after these weekends.)

Oh, if you want to make a woman REALLY happy, let her take you clothes shopping with no limit on spending! :D

The problem with this approach is that when I’m single for a few years, my wardrobe becomes tried, dated, and woefully inadequate. Sometimes I’ve managed to get a friend’s wife or sister to go with me, but they don’t seem as involved in the process.

A few years ago, there was actually a letter writing CAMPAIGN to get me on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy! There were so many letters from different people that the show contacted ME and gave me a list of some of the “highlights” from the letters… (Remember, these comments are from my FRIENDS describing me and my fashion sense.) (Note-Many people know me as “Inch” Don’t ask, it’s a LONG story! :P )

-A few comments on Inch's style... Inch is a geek to the bone. (I'm sure he would take that as a compliment.) He chooses function over form in all aspects of his life.

-Clothes - mainly t-shirts and jeans. Only jacket I've ever seen him wear is an aerostitch or a riding leather. I think he wore the leather jacket to my wedding. (Don't worry - it was appropriate attire for the occasion.)

-Food - Just look in his refrigerator. That will tell the whole story. I remember years ago he had a bunch of to-go Styrofoam boxes of cafeteria food he bought at work to serve as dinner for the week. Cooking is limited to burger/dog grilling.

-Grooming - Inch is the kind of guy that would use a bar of ivory soap as soap, shampoo, toothpaste, shaving cream and dish detergent. If you were to look in his medicine cabinet, you would probably find a roll of duct tape and a can of WD-40. Maybe a spare leatherman tool would be in there too. He has one hair cut - buzz using #1 clippers.

-Household - Why get a maid when a leaf blower and power spray washer will do?

-Culture - This is one area where Eric departs from geekdom. He really has very varied interests in music and the arts.

-Stuff - Inch has more stuff than me. That's hard to do. His shop, the Garage Mahal, is as big as my house. He has remotes to control his remotes. I am green with envy.

-I'd be happy to participate in this in any way you'd want. My only thought is the fab five might turn tail and run once they get a tour of the Inchville campus. This would be their greatest challenge yet.”

Gee, you sound like you fit my dress code. Over the years, my primary qualification for clothing was "Is is practical?" I am another "function over form" type. I think that is typical of males?

I do prefer polo shirts to tee shirts, but other than that Moose sounds like my clone. I dress in clothes that my employer provides at work. For five years it was the Navy, now it is my current employer. When I get out of work, I don't tend to wear what I might find uncomfortable.

#27 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:59 PM

Wow... I didn't know Louis Vuitton made dive bags!

...and yet here is the proof...

Plus...

Louis Vuitton Dive Watch...

I NEED that watch!!!!!!!

My ex husband had a better wardrobe than I did which can be a blessing and curse.

I am not a "Fashion Dictator" with the boyfriend....I simply make suggestions on what looks attractive. For instance.....when we started dating he wore (gasp) Lee jeans. I don't care how cute you are, you cannot pull off Lee jeans. He made the comment that Lee jeans were the only ones he found that fit properly. My reply was that the blanket statement was asinine and surely there was more than one brand out there that would fit. So fast forward a couple of weeks...one day we were at the mall and I suggested we go "look" at jeans and see if his "Lee is the only brand that fits me" theory held true. Much to his shock we found other jeans that fit quite nicely. I was very complimentary on the fit and how good the tush looked, never suggesting he buy a pair but we walked away from the store with 2 pairs. He went back by himself 2 weeks later and got another pair in a different wash and a great new pair of shoes.

Posted Image Posted Image
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#28 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:59 PM

I just wish some women would take as much time evaluating a man's mind as they seem to his clothes! Atta girl, Que... you know how to dispense with the superficial stuff and get right down to the... er... meat of the issue.

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:03 PM

I just wish some women would take as much time evaluating a man's mind as they seem to his clothes! Atta girl, Que... you know how to dispense with the superficial stuff and get right down to the... er... meat of the issue.

Sweetie...we don't bother with your clothes until we've evaluated and accepted your mind!

As for taking off...ya gotta look good in the packaging to want to unwrap it! :P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#30 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:14 PM

Sweetie...we don't bother with your clothes until we've evaluated and accepted your mind!

As for taking off...ya gotta look good in the packaging to want to unwrap it! :P

And of course we men do the same thing, don't we guys? Don't we? Oh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users