• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

April Fool's Day...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:09 PM

I thought about changing my best friends display name to some thing else more fun than WreckWench but I decided not to since I'd like to see next April Fool's day!

WOW...not only gorgeous but physic too! :cool2:

Uh . . . you do realize a physic is a strong cathartic drug. IE: A drug that purges the bowels would be a physic.
Just seems a strange thing to call some one. Gorgeous and she purges my bowels? Or . . .
"A face the launched a thousand @!&%s."
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#17 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:19 PM

I thought about changing my best friends display name to some thing else more fun than WreckWench but I decided not to since I'd like to see next April Fool's day!

WOW...not only gorgeous but physic too! :birthday:

Uh . . . you do realize a physic is a strong cathartic drug. IE: A drug that purges the bowels would be a physic.
Just seems a strange thing to call some one. Gorgeous and she purges my bowels? Or . . .

that could be bad for my reputation, eh?? :cool2:

#18 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:25 PM

WOW...not only gorgeous but physic too! :birthday:

that could be bad for my reputation, eh?? :cool2:

Due to a historical typo - it worked for Helen of Troy :birthday:
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#19 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 04 April 2007 - 10:31 AM

Post surgery recovery in full effect-Hawks post got me!!!!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#20 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:15 AM

I haven't been gotten personally but ScubaBoard has been got.

I was on late Saturday when that started, figured out the ^you^ thing - how each reader would see his or her name when reading, and launched threads in several forums announcing my love for another member, how we had our differences, hoped we could work out, etc. Kinda odd coming from a fellow who doesn't flirt on board. I got the biggest responses from some of the mail members throughout Sunday. Emailed WW and told her to check one of the threads - she fell for it deep.

Also reported a thief among us, whom you couldn't trust with money, gear or spouse - again with ^you^ being read as the reader's name. One dealer offered to make it good, whatever my problem was with him. Another showed me complaining about being stalked and received unwanted love emails. About 6 good threads started late Saturday that ran all of Sunday, and so many were ego sensitive enough to react harshly. My PM box took a lot of hits.

Had a hard time tearing myself away from that Sunday to go to my granddaughter's BD party, had to log on a few times there. Quite a riot. Pity the new members, especially those just signing on that day and looking around. I still have the He-man as my avatar over there.

I waited until Monday before sending an email very similar to ScubaHawk's wedding announcement to a number of friends. Some never clicked the link - still think I'm marrying "April." My ExGF didn't respond - don't know whether she did or not, but it's good on her either way. :)

Yeah it was a fun way to blow a Sunday.

Edited by DandyDon, 04 April 2007 - 11:16 AM.

What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users