• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Fireworks on History...NC Wreckdiving!!!

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:05 AM

Ok Sophia aka Susan aka Silvia (don't ask but it started with an "S") aka Grace (not sure on that one either) and Flo cuz she just went with the flow....you were...ahem...I mean ALL OF YOU were awesome on the trip!! She also has a smile as big as Texas and was quite the hoot in the bunkhouse...move over TF!!! (Ask her about being in all 6 beds at once....now THAT is a good story!!)

Poor Trigger didn't get to defeather ZD...but I noticed WreckManiac giggling a lot...ya think a few feathers ended up someplace else??? And to think his poor stage bottle was too big....TF...I think you need to do more NC diving!!! You know...practice makes perfect!! (Although I heard NO complaints sistuh!!!)

As for Ms. "S-Woman"....she WAS one of the most enthusiastic divers on the trip.....but now she knows how I feel diving there....EVEN after doing it for 10 years. Heck I never noticed the actual wrecks the first few years diving there because of all the awesome marine life that exists on and around these 'reefs'!

Its only now that I really have an appreciation for the actual 'hunks' of metal...not to mention the divers that frequent them...oh yes girls...you missed a few hotties on this trip too! Let's just say the 'eye candy' went both ways!!! Hmm....not a bad problem to have...in fact...not a problem at all!!! LOL!!!

Now "sharing" was an issue...seems WreckManiac dove with one 'lovely' day one...then on day two he was up to two 'lovelies' and by day 4 he had a harem of 4 women. And I thought Jim aka Narwhal was the only one to end up with multiple women on a dive trip???

And thanks Susan for the kind words...NC is a 'drive to' destination so people do not think to pick people up at the airport, or offer food on the boat, do cookouts, or create a friendly group atmosphere...they just show up and dive. But boy what diving it is. Unfortunately it is not for newbies and for good reason. On any given day the diving is as easy as Cozumel but on any other day you can have some current, wave chop, etc to contend with. For example the moon was full and so the current was running a bit stiff the first day or so. And it was unusual as it went from the surface to the bottom when usually any current we get it only at the surface. Then the full moon current flow changes caused the vis and the temps to drop on the Caribsea from 78/79/80 to 71/72 on the East side. (The East side wrecks normally run cooler but only 4-5 degrees and not 7-9 degrees.)

These wrecks are for more experienced divers but sure worth the opportunity to say you have 'dove on history' or 'had such great LARGE animal encounters' or had the most awesome critter experiences and no not just with triggerfishes!!! She/they were the belle (or is that blenny) of the trip!!! LOL!!!

I'm already excited about the next trip...just think...Walter will be there and maybe Marvelichious!!! Woo!! Hoo!!! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 triggerfish

triggerfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:07 AM

I'd say a hundred or more easily

yeah.
and THIS is 6 inches :-D

more like 30-40. but that's a guy for ya. :wakawaka:

#18 glendivesalot

glendivesalot

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:Expert
  • Logged Dives:700+

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:09 AM

Sounds kind of interesting diving. When's the next such trip? What's the water temps?

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:11 AM

I'd say a hundred or more easily

yeah.
and THIS is 6 inches ;)

more like 30-40. but that's a guy for ya. :wakawaka:

But did you look UP and OUT???? :-D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#20 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:17 AM

yes.

but if YOU saw 100 of 'em, that's great! i was more interested in the one i was playing with. i named him walter and he followed me around like a little puppy dog.

why can't we add pictures here??? can you put this thread in another section so i can pop in a picture to illustrate a post?

#21 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:17 AM

Walter would love to... but like Brian, I'm booked next month, and most weekends the next one too :wakawaka:

Seeing that a few of those weekends are the same as mine, I know alot about that schedule. :-D

That goes under that maybe next year for me. I used to be in the "Silent Service" and would love to see a submarine under the water.

Oh, and WreckManiac, the technical term is "really long and creative safety stops". I hate it when I have 20+ minutes of "safety stops" in a dive.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#22 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:20 AM

Sounds kind of interesting diving. When's the next such trip? What's the water temps?

my comp said 71 at 80 ft on the caribbe. there was a definite thermocline after about 50 or 60 ft. i'm pretty much of a wuss, and wore a 5mm with a micrprene hooded vest and light gloves. i did get cold after about 30 minutes, but not too bad.....

#23 scoobiediver

scoobiediver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, working on more.
  • Logged Dives:30

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:29 AM

Sounds like yall had a great time. Wish I could have been there. Oh and by the way, my measurement standards are the correct ones. No matter what the ruler actually says. lol :cool2:

#24 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:57 AM

Oh, and WreckManiac, the technical term is "really long and creative safety stops". I hate it when I have 20+ minutes of "safety stops" in a dive.

with the vis as bad as it was, ANYTHING coulda happened on those stops ! :cool2:

#25 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:58 AM

When's the next such trip? What's the water temps?

Weekend of August 13. They saw temps of 71° F under the thermocline. It could be slightly warmer by mid August. Sounds like my 3/2 suit. I'm getting excited!
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#26 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:02 PM

3/2?????????????

jeez, you got a layer of fleece under your skin or what????????????

Edited by triggerfish, 07 July 2004 - 12:02 PM.

#27 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:15 PM

jeez, you got a layer of fleece under your skin or what????????????

I do have fur, in fact, I shed twice a year.

Actually, when diving the Florida springs, where the temp is 72° F, I usually wear my 3/2 every other day. Day one - just a swim suit. Day two - wear the 3/2. Day three - swim suit. Day four - 3/2, etc. Two days in a row sometimes chills me.

DSSW,

WWW™

#28 wreck_maniac

wreck_maniac

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:16 PM

I would recommend bringing a cheater vest if you're wearing a 3/2. I was getting cold in a 3mm with a 3/5 cheater and that was a runtime of like 39min.
~dale

NC Wreck Divers Dive the Graveyard of the Atlantic

#29 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:20 PM

he also had lots of volunteers to help him warm up on deck...Posted Image

#30 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:25 PM

Since everyone has difference tolerences to cold, I'd suggest wearing the protection that will make you comfortable, not what works for someone else.

DSSW,

WWW™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users