• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Fireworks...SHARKS...Lions...FIRES!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• Removed Per User Request
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Cert Level:TECH DEEP Instructor, Prefer my single tank.
  • Logged Dives:Active every week since 1983

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:09 PM

WOW! Where to start? I arrived to RDU early and found some of the drive in divers already here. Shortly the rest of the drive in divers all met at the hotel and we went to dinner at the IceHouse Restaurant in Morehead City, NC. About an hour later the 'fly in' divers joined us and the trip was in full swing. Seems the Wench did a patriotic detour giving one of our nation's soldiers a ride to Ft Bragg since he was stranded in RDU. I'll let the wench give you all the details but appartently he had gotten married on his 2 week leave whlle home from Iraq and he was supposed to have returned the 3rd of July but weather in Dallas prevented him from getting home. As a result he had no ride despite calling many people to help him out. His brother also in the Army was not getting off until midnite and with an hour ride to RDU Marvin was looking at at least a 12 hour delay in getting home as it was already 1:15pm. The wench and gang did not hesitate to help this young soldier and in the process help themselves. Marvin was genuine and represented all that is good in America and all that is honest and pure. He was down to earth, friendly, respectful and yes sweet. I know a soldier is not sweet but according to the wench, he was a very special young man dedending our freedoms and yet just like the boy next door.

The wench and gang joined us for dinner at the Icehouse around 9pm just in time to see the fireworks being shot off from an island off Morehead City, NC. In fact that island caught on fire adding to the night's festivities. Dinner also included Chuck the Magician who was REALLy very good.

After dinner everryone crashed in prepration of the next days diving.

To be continued upon further sleep and more diving....
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#2 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:41 PM

Well after five attemps I finally got to see U-352, the wench say's it's because this time I went with her, Jeff took credit because he said he was going to throw me overboard if I jinxed this trip and the crew didn't want to do that paperwork so they made sure I got there but I think it's because I had a most excellent German dive buddy! :banghead:
As you can see the sea conditions were awful!
Posted Image
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#3 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:46 PM

When the fish were not in the way we had 100' vis and 80 degree water.
Somewhere in there is the wreck of the Suloide

Posted Image
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

Signed and Dated

#4 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:08 PM

$%@%$@#$!@#%@%$^%@#$%%$^ :banghead: &$#%^$%^$@#%@%$^&^&*^&*%^$^^%^&*^&#^$@$%@ :-D #$%^#$%@#$%$#%^#$

Man you all are killing me, my trip to NC in mid may was cold and nothing like that. Please post some more pictures please so i can enjoy them.

Man i need to get deep and in some doubles or a H in a hurry or im gonna go nuts, looks good kim

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#5 netmage

netmage

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech & Cave

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:48 PM

I dropped Tortuga Terry off in Jacksonville around 6pm and headed south... Rolled into FLL around 10:30 exhausted. I'm uploading about a gig of raw video from the Aeolus tonite to give you some shark teasers and a few rust and sediment covered areas I poked into....

-Tim
"I aim to misbehave...."

#6 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:28 AM

Hey Tim, I think this is you

Posted Image

Signed and Dated

#7 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:32 AM

The Lionfish have taken hold, around one tie on I could count six in sight while waiting to go up.

Posted Image

Signed and Dated

#8 netmage

netmage

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:17 AM

I've posted my Aeolus videos....

http://netmage2112.blogspot.com/
"I aim to misbehave...."

#9 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:26 AM

Nice pics Ray!!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#10 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:34 AM

Glad you finally made it the the U-352 Ray. Isn't Doris the best buddy? When you dive with her, you always have good luck. On our trip to Thailand, we saw 2 whalesharks and a manta on her birthday.

#11 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:43 AM

Glad you finally made it the the U-352 Ray. Isn't Doris the best buddy? When you dive with her, you always have good luck. On our trip to Thailand, we saw 2 whalesharks and a manta on her birthday.

Doris is definetly a good buddy although here it looks like she is asking; Are you sure the Schurz is to my left, all I see are fish!

Posted Image

Signed and Dated

#12 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:02 AM

It wasn't all Lions and Tigers, we had crabs too. BTW, how was that slipper lobster?

Posted Image

Signed and Dated

#13 nurseshark

nurseshark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:16 PM

Hey Tim, great video! Looks like great condtions....
Im with Scubatooth Dan...drat wish I could have been there!!!!!

I peaked at the Dry Tortugas stuff you had posted too...I want to go there next summer, looks like you recommend it...It would be in June with the same outfit that we are going to the Flower Gardens with...
So you think its worth it??

Karen

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:37 AM

Hey Tim, great video! Looks like great condtions....
Im with Scubatooth Dan...drat wish I could have been there!!!!!

I peaked at the Dry Tortugas stuff you had posted too...I want to go there next summer, looks like you recommend it...It would be in June with the same outfit that we are going to the Flower Gardens with...

Karen

I agree GREAT videos! Can you work with Tolly to get them on our site as well? I'll pm you both!

As for the Dry Tortugas...do tell...I'm working with the boat for a date next year as we speak! :lmao:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#15 netmage

netmage

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:43 AM

Karen

I agree GREAT videos! Can you work with Tolly to get them on our site as well? I'll pm you both!

As for the Dry Tortugas...do tell...I'm working with the boat for a date next year as we speak! :lmao:

Definatly; the reefs are pristine and rarely visited. You'll likely do best to arrange either a 100% hunting or 100% photo trip as the best hunting spots have horrible reefs, and the best reefs have not so good hunting (plus they are in the park)

Compared to the Keys the reefs are deeper, `60-'80 and you'll want a boat that can provide prebanked/membrane nitrox to maximze the number of dives per day. You'll also want to vsit Fort Jefferson.
"I aim to misbehave...."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users