• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

August 4th PA/NY/NJ HH/Tolly send-off

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#1 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:17 PM

August 4th is the date.

The list so far:
Drinks only:
1. Pocahontas
2. secretsea18
3. Fordan
4. Tolly (and dinner damnit...)
5. Diver 123
6. fala

Dive and drinks:
1. Bubbleboy
2. Latitude Adjustment
3. Moose + 1
4. MissOcean +1
5. Fairybasslet
6. adam12diver
7. scubadrew
8. DiveNYC +1
9. solodiver in nj
10. Ellen's friend Karen

Just for Moose!!

The dive will be at the train bridge in Point Pleasant. By going back in the thread I was quickly able to discover that you should try to be there by 11. I was under the impression that you have done this dive before and therefore know where it is but just in case I quickly found this in post #156:
"For Mapquest use Broadway and Channel Drive, the park is right next to Spikes seafood but when you come off 35 onto Broadway look to the left as you cross the tracks, that's where we will be."
I have no idea how long you guys will be diving or how long it will take you to clean up and change but us non-divers will be at the Patio Bar at the Wharfside between 3 and 4(as I already stated in post #160). This is a bar, not a military training exercise so I feel it is not necessary for us to all synch our watches or anything. Whenever you guys happen by is fine. I hope this is acceptable to you. Here is a link for the bar:
http://www.bakerswharfside.com/
At the risk of causing anymore confusion it is the OUTSIDE PATIO BAR we are meeting at. As for how long we will be there I have no idea and refuse to venture a guess.
I don't work in front of a computer, Eric.

Edited by pocahontas, 03 August 2007 - 09:53 AM.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#2 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:30 PM

Before we can make any solid plans for this event we need to know around how many divers are interested in the boat dive.
I will even make an exception to my "no diving in NJ" policy to join you guys.
Who else is in besides Moose?
:D

Well I Am
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#3 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:16 PM

If it is after the August 23rd I am in also.
Drew Z.

"Winter is not a season, it's an occupation." -Sinclair Lewis

Meet Pearl and Opal, the new shark rays in Adventure Aquarium.

#4 MissOcean

MissOcean

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25+

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:51 PM

I'm in! But I'm not advanced certified...I'm doing the L street beach dive Friday night with DiversTwo! I'm so excited about that! Finally going to dive in Jersey. My Dad would be down for that too!
Angela aka MissOcean
I feel like a fish out of water...unless of course..I'm diving!

#5 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:10 PM

I'll be in Florida the last week of August and maybe another week not yet determined so it will depend on the date picked by the group. Ray
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#6 MissOcean

MissOcean

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:17 PM

Also...the diveshop DiversTwo has back-bay dives. They told us that they see all sorts of cool marine life like seahorses! This is another option?? The other nice thing about it is that it's free! It's only in 12-20 ft of water...long dive!
Angela aka MissOcean

#7 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:56 PM

Also...the diveshop DiversTwo has back-bay dives. They told us that they see all sorts of cool marine life like seahorses! This is another option?? The other nice thing about it is that it's free! It's only in 12-20 ft of water...long dive!

Are you going this coming Friday? I can probably sneak up there for a dive on Friday, I think...
Drew Z.

#8 MissOcean

MissOcean

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:59 PM

Are you going this coming Friday? I can probably sneak up there for a dive on Friday, I think...

Yes i'm going to DiversTwo back bay dive...are you gonna go? You gotta be there by 6:45
Angela aka MissOcean

#9 pocahontas

pocahontas

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:46 PM

Yes i'm going to DiversTwo back bay dive...are you gonna go? You gotta be there by 6:45

Is that AM or PM? I'll probably be attempting to surf in Spring Lake at some point Friday if the ocean cooperates in case anyone wants to meet up.

#10 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:19 PM

Is that AM or PM? I'll probably be attempting to surf in Spring Lake at some point Friday if the ocean cooperates in case anyone wants to meet up.

I believe its PM, Carol runs a good dive, can't go this week , gotta get ready for Wounded Warriors and the Flower Gardens.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#11 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:42 AM

We used to see seahorses on a regular basis at L street around the old fishing pier but since they rebuilt it they are harder to find or I just haven't found their new hiding spot. In late summer and early fall it's also a good spot to find tropicals, mostly juvi butterflys and frogfish.

Saturday night Katerina and I are going to try the inlet.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#12 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:10 AM

We used to see seahorses on a regular basis at L street around the old fishing pier but since they rebuilt it they are harder to find or

I have had luck finding them on the moss mats on the bottom in the inlets. I never expected to see them there as there isn't much cover, they kind of stick right up. But even then, the little buggers can be hard to spot.
Drew Z.

#13 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:31 AM

I think I'd be more interest in a shore dive than the boat. I never dove off a NJ boat before, and I don't think I have the proper exposure suit or training for the conditions.

#14 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:01 AM

I'll be away from Aug 10-20. For other dates, count me in. The diving part sounds great. We should definitely include a dive for those interested while the water is warm(er).
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#15 pocahontas

pocahontas

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:55 AM

Maybe I can wear 2 3mils? I don't have a 7. If I go I think it's gonna be a short dive for me. haha!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users