• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The "TFAOGWTMFDIDHANHDFOC" Contest

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:56 AM

Ok, this contest isn’t endorsed by "The Commish", SingleDivers.com, or even the American Medical Association! It’s just a little fun contest to mix things up a little! :birthday:

OK, for the past few weeks, I’ve made some hints in post about my, "Availability."
Surprising to me, no one seemed to notice my hints. :birthday:

So I thought, maybe this is a good time to have a contest. Judging from the success of the last one, I’d thought I’d make up one of my own.

The contest is called, "The First, And Only, Guess Who The Moose Finally Duped Into Dating Him, And No, Hell Didn’t Freeze Over Contest" or "TFAOGWTMFDIDHANHDFOC", for short! :birthday:

Here is the contest, "guess who I’m currently dating (and have been for more than a month.)"

Your clues are that she meets all of my strict dating standards…
1-She's a female
2-She's a mammal
3-She has a heartbeat

Beyond that, some other clues…
She is a diver
She is on this site! (BIG hint)
And she may or may not kill me for posting this contest!

Now, the answer will be announced at the SD HH this Saturday. Winner will get a prize (TBD.)

Note, anyone that I has been told who it is automatically disqualified from the contest, BUT will be awarded prizes for mis-guiding others on the list and generally creating chaos!

You must read the rules (don't worry, there are some jokes in there) (Note the fine print)…

HOW TO ENTER

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, complete the post your guess here, in this forum. To be eligible, entries must be completed and received on or by the closing date of the draw. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. All entries shall become the property of Singledivers.com. SingleDivers.com is not responsible for lost, misdirected or delayed entries. Entries received by telephone, fax, courier, pony, carrier pigeon, smoke signals, cryptology, astrology, physic means, or personal delivery will not be accepted, but will be awarded for originality!

CONTEST RULES:
The contest is open to the general public (except residents of Quebec), of age of majority. Identification must be produced on request. Employees of Walmart, I feel sorry for you.

People who can’t take a joke, or people who work in promotional agencies and their respective affiliates and associates and such employees' immediate family members and persons with whom such employees are domiciled are excluded from this contest.

The prize is not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.

Decisions of the contest judges are final - no substitutions will be available.

By claiming the prize, the winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including without limitation, radio broadcasts, newspapers and other publications and in television or film releases, slides, videotape, distribution over the internet, made for television movie and picture date storage) which SingleDivers.com or Moose may deem appropriate.

In accepting the prize, the winner, and any guest(s), acknowledges that SingleDivers.com and Moose may not be held liable for any loss, damages or injury associated with accepting or using this prize(s).

The person(s) whose name(s) is drawn as being the winner(s) of the specific prize will be required to answer a skill-testing question before the prize is awarded to them. They will also need to prove that they are NOT Canadian.

Detailed contest rules applicable to this contest, including contest entry dates, how to enter, and prize value, number and any restrictions applicable to these prizes are available upon request from Moose ONLY via a personal visit and cost $150 USD and one bottle of good, aged 12 year scotch.

Winners and any guests at the age of majority must sign a release form as prepared and accepted by Moose acknowledging their acceptance and understanding of the complete contest rules.

Moose retains the rights, in its absolute and sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value in the event of the unavailability of any prize or component of the prize for any reason whatsoever.

This contest is subject to all federal, state and municipal laws.

Moose reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.

Approximate value of prizes vary.

Contest open to SingleDiver.com members only.

One entry per person. Unless, of course, you submit more than one. Then all your entries will count.

Entering this contest may cause painful urination in males. Especially if you have your 'unit' stuck between the seat and bowl!

If you read all these rules, GET BACK TO WORK YOU TIME WASTING EMPLOYEE!

Edited by Moose, 30 July 2007 - 10:00 AM.

Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#2 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:30 AM

No Contest.. PM w/ guess
Good Luck, :birthday:

Scubaski
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#3 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:31 AM

OK.... we need a hint, as yours should be intuitive, as "dates" go....

How long does/would it take to get from your house to her house/apartment?

#4 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:37 AM

How long does/would it take to get from your house to her house/apartment?

No additonal hints will be provided.

In fact, I think it's possible to know who it is via just reading my past posts.
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#5 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:46 AM

The mermaid from BTS? :birthday:

Let's see, I looked though some of your last posts and you did mention a firehose in one of them. So I have to guess Heidi. Unless you decided to rob the cradle with Ms. Ocean. :birthday:

#6 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:17 AM

I'd go with Heidi as well.

There was one other, but proximity issues make it unlikely.

PlatypusMan
...Sparky sez the same for him....

#7 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:21 PM

...Entries received by telephone, fax, courier, pony, carrier pigeon, smoke signals, cryptology, astrology, physic means, or personal delivery will not be accepted...

..-. --- .-. - ..- -. .- - . .-.. -.-- .... . -.. .. -.. -. --- - . -..- -.-. .-.. ..- -.. . -- --- .-. ... . -..- .. - .... .. -. -.- ... .... . .. ... -.-. .- -. .- -.. .. .- -. .-.-. ?

#8 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:35 PM

...Entries received by telephone, fax, courier, pony, carrier pigeon, smoke signals, cryptology, astrology, physic means, or personal delivery will not be accepted...

..-. --- .-. - ..- -. .- - . .-.. -.-- .... . -.. .. -.. -. --- - . -..- -.-. .-.. ..- -.. . -- --- .-. ... . -..- .. - .... .. -. -.- ... .... . .. ... -.-. .- -. .- -.. .. .- -. .-.-.

?

uniform November delta echo Romeo Sierra tango Oscar Oscar delta.
Baker uniform tango hotel Oscar whiskey whiskey India Lima Lima whiskey echo golf echo tango.
tango hotel echo mike tango Oscar whiskey echo alpha Romeo
Lima echo Delta echo Romeo Hotel Oscar Sierra echo November?

PlatypusMan

#9 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:00 PM

Canadians...?

lederhosen ...?

I'm scared...

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:14 PM

Even though you didn't tell me...I know the answer! And I hope for your sake she doesn't kill you! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#11 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:31 PM

Hmmm, no one tells me anything anymore!!

but, unlike Platyman I think proximity is the last thing on Moose's mind...so I'm going to guess it's Beth

#12 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:57 PM

Well Moose, if it is who I think it is, she is beautiful, smart (which would explain how you suddenly were able to post in French but not English), has a great accent and looks great with a Canadian flag over her head... :cool1:

#13 tdtexas

tdtexas

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:152 Bluewater, not counting lake/quarry dives

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:28 PM

Hmmm, no one tells me anything anymore!!

but, unlike Platyman I think proximity is the last thing on Moose's mind...so I'm going to guess it's Beth

I agree with the "grabber"! :cool1:
Live Life To The Fullest, ARE YOU WITH ME!!!!!!!

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No, his mind is not for rent to any god or govement. Alway hopeful yet discontent. He knows changes are never permanent, but change is.

N. Peart

#14 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:47 PM

Well since I'm kinda disqualified I will have to say that there are some obviously wrong guesses given here. I'm not going to say if there is a correct one as that is for the Moose to do.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#15 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:09 PM

accent and looks great with a Canadian flag over her head

hmmm who here is French-Canadian, mammalian, female, with a hearbeat?

Edited by Racer184, 30 July 2007 - 06:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users