• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Good Thoughts and Well Wishes for Larry, a/k/a Orcaman

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:12 PM

Has anyone heard from Larry since the surgery? Somebody give the man a computer so he can talk to us! Hospitals should be required to have internet access for all patients. :)

#32 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:45 PM

Has anyone heard from Larry since the surgery? Somebody give the man a computer so he can talk to us! Hospitals should be required to have internet access for all patients. :lmao:

I haven't heard anything. :) I sent him my phone number before he went in and he has my e-mail. I asked him to try to let me know something as soon as he could. If anybody hears from him, please post something so we all know he's ok.
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#33 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:47 PM

I was just asking Sea Urchin the same thing on the phone

from what she said, he left his phone at home...I would imagine that he's still pretty drugged up so maybe this weekend we'll hear something?

#34 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:51 PM

Having watched a total knee and hip replacement (two seperate surgeries) during my paramedic training. He will be drugged up for a couple of days before they taper it, as theres alot of cutting, hammering, reshaping and installing new hardware and you dont want to really be awake after all of that.

after a couple of days larry will be up and around , then after some rehab he will be back to his old self.

Dan

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#35 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:29 AM

Any news on how Larry is doing?
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#36 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:15 PM

Instead of going to a rehab hospital as planned, Larry came home on Sunday. One of his friend is staying over and he has a visiting nurse coming in to check up on him. Some of the arrangements for medical supplies got snagged by Murphy and they are trying to unsnag it for him. He sound alert and in good spirit but his pain management could have been better managed. I'll keep y'all posted as I hear more.

Que :blush2:

#37 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:36 PM

Instead of going to a rehab hospital as planned, Larry came home on Sunday. One of his friend is staying over and he has a visiting nurse coming in to check up on him. Some of the arrangements for medical supplies got snagged by Murphy and they are trying to unsnag it for him. He sound alert and in good spirit but his pain management could have been better managed. I'll keep y'all posted as I hear more.

Que :o

Glad to hear that Larry is doing so well. Home instead of rehab hospital means to me that he did GREAT through the entire procedure and post-op!!!

Now just some time with the Physical Terrorist! :blush2: and you will be back better than you were before!

Happy Recuperating!

#38 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:59 PM

:birthday: Hi Larry!! So glad to hear you are home! :birthday: I hope you're feeling better really soon. Keep us posted!

:birthday: Debbie

Thanks for the update Que!
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#39 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for the Update Que.

Hope you are doing well Larry. The hardest part is behind you. Of course rehab is a lot of work as well, but it will only get better from here. You'll be swingin those tanks around in no time! :D

#40 Travelgal

Travelgal

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:43 AM

We have all been thinking about you and you have our prayers Larry! Great news is that you are home!!!!

Good luck on a fast recovery so that you can join us on a dive trip soon!!!!

Paula :) :diver: :diver:
Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#41 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,572 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:04 AM

I just spoke to Larry a few minutes agon and he is tired but doing well. He can not sit up enough to use his computer but can make a few calls. He is starting to keep food down which is good. I am his nutritionist so discussed some things he can do to accelerate the healing and feel better faster. He feels he did much better in the surgery with the pre-surgery regime we had him on and so wanted to work on his post-op.

He will get online and post when he can. If he moves more than a 90 degree angle he will pop the joint out of place. His wound is healing nicely. He is at home with some private nursing care as well as family.

He said to give everyone his sincerest thanks for all the prayers, cards and well wishes. Please keep him in your prayers as he is not out of the woods yet.

I'll post more as I get it. -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#42 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:27 AM

I am his nutritionist so discussed some things he can do to accelerate the healing and feel better faster.

Commish,
If your nutritional information is anything like your schedule planning on dive trips, he'll be fully recovered 2 months before his surgery! :diver: (those on the Grenada trip know what I'm talking about!)

As for you Larry, get your old ass out of bed and finish our video. Charlene is asking me if you are ready to do some "horizontal dancing." I have no idea what she means, but I bet it's worth finding out! :)
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#43 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:49 PM

Hi, thanks to all for the kind words and thoughts, out of the hospital on Sunday, a long way to go, and this butt will not take much sitting, bad enough having to lie in one position all night long. A little activity and a little rest, no lot of anything in my future, it will be several weeks before I will be close to feeling anywhere near normal again, just a weak one right now, had to have a pint of blood in the hospital to make the dizzies and nausea go away. Now it is just take care of myself and let it heal according to my in home nurse and PT guy.
Thanks to all of you again, and Moose you can have the tough love, When It comes to fighting, I am a lover, when it comes to loving I am a fighter, the women do not call me smooth hands for nothing.
Thanks again, I feel a Percoset in my future.
Larry
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#44 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:58 PM

Moose, When It comes to fighting, I am a lover, when it comes to loving, I am a fighter

Can one of the "women of single divers" please go over there an show Larry how to do this right? I think he is confused! :)

Larry, I'll spell it out for you...

Fight the bad guys
Love the good (and bad) girls!

Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#45 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 08 August 2007 - 02:18 PM

Holy cow!

Why is it that NO ONE noticed that Orcaman and I live in the same town?
Did you have your surgery done around the corner from me? Right here in Delray Beach?
If someone had told me you were here, I could have snuck some women into your room.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users