• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dry Tortugas July 9-13, 2008 (Travel Day July 8th & 14th)

• Please log in to reply
559 replies to this topic

#31 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:39 PM

5 days of diving...we aren't going hundreds of miles offshore like we do in FG.

Well, the FG is about 100 miles from Freeport, I think; Dry Tortugas is about 70 miles from Key West; and I don't know how they do it there, so clarifications help. W,W,W,W,H&W

Unanswered question: Any shore time there>

Link to park info

Don this why I can't accept deposits...I do not have all the details. When I get them and can post the trip all will be clear...or at least hopefully it will. :wacko:

This is new itinerary for this boat so the boat and I are working up the trip post so it is accurate. You can pm all the questions you have so I can be sure to include them in the trip post! :-D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#32 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:24 PM

As an instigator for this trip, you can definitely count me IN !!!

;)
Bill

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#33 nurseshark

nurseshark

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:37 PM

This too is a trip I want to go on next year

Karen

#34 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:22 AM

I forget if I already posted in this one that I wanna do this trip again.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#35 diveguy

diveguy

Getting started

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:55 PM

Count me in on this one if they diving is not too challenging. I'm new to diving.

Also, I have a fairly large vehicle(I'll be driving since I live in Florida) and could easily pick up four people in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale on my way down if that's not against the "rules". I can also fit all equipment and bags as well. Ft. Lauderdale is easier to get in and out of and is not that much further but either way is fine if arrival times can be coordinated.

I look forward to getting the schedule of dives.

#36 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:37 PM

Put me on the interested trip for this one.

I'm waiting to see what Singles Week brings though...

Any chance they will overlap????
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#37 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:06 PM

This trip is in July and the singles week will most likely be in May.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#38 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:11 PM

This trip is in July and the singles week will most likely be in May.

Any idea what week in May? I'm hoping for any time after the 10th
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#39 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 19 September 2007 - 01:42 PM

Oh, ok - Key West would be the dock, not Texas. That does seem a lot more reasonable. Who what where when how and why - still a good plan.

I'd have to compare the costs of flying into Key West with nights there before and after vs flying into Miami-Ft.Lauderdale, renting & driving, staying at lower cost hotels around Florida City perhaps. Looks like $200 per person more to fly in/out Key West plus higher hotel costs & taxis vs renting car, lower cost air & hotel, paying parking. It'd be nicest if SD.com included that in the plan as done in North Carolina - with discounts to drive in customers.

It is relatively cheap to fly into Key West so the plan so far looks like it makes more sense than doing that then doing it the way we do NC with a rental van etc. Plus people will want to stay longer or arrive early...it is the nature of the beast. I do like the idea of adding a day or so on the end to meet up with our Florida buddies!

You may need to rethink this, I was down there two weeks ago and the news gripe was that the middle Keys complained to Delta that it was $100 more to fly to Marathon than Key West, would Delta please level the playing field, well Delta raised the airfare to KW making them both $500 from Atlanta. Now nobody is happy and they think the other airlines going to KW will follow.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#40 Scuba dew

Scuba dew

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver and dive at Flw Garden/Cozumel & Bonaire
  • Logged Dives:276

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:34 PM

Put me down for this trip too.

I guess that means the Dry Tortuga trip will be my first SD trip and not the FG trip in August!

I'm so ready. :banghead:

#41 ASDmike

ASDmike

• PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN
  • Logged Dives:700ish

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:38 PM

You may need to rethink this, I was down there two weeks ago and the news gripe was that the middle Keys complained to Delta that it was $100 more to fly to Marathon than Key West, would Delta please level the playing field, well Delta raised the airfare to KW making them both $500 from Atlanta. Now nobody is happy and they think the other airlines going to KW will follow.

Even before a price increase, probably should anyway. For this timeframe, Delta today has a price $160 LGA-FLL rather than $400 LGA-EYW (7/8/08-7/14/08)
DFW-FLL is $300, DFW-EYW is $520

Marathon is gone as an option for now, but I enjoyed the drive down from MIA/FLL when I did a Tortugas trip in '95. I think two one-way rental cars and gas cost me $100 then, so I am sure it will be much more now, but then again it was just me on the drive...
'06 - Fireworks on History, Singles Fantasy
'07 - Ancient Egypt/Red Sea Liveaboard
'08 - Bonaire Singles Week ...In STYLE!!!

#42 runswithebulls

runswithebulls

Getting started

• Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:58 PM

I am interested, i just came from the flower gardens coral spawning trip on the spree; those guys are great. It would be nice to visit the fortress as i have never been there...

By the way i sent $1,000 for the NC trip; accounting for single supplement and nitrox; i have yet to give you my DAN policy and i know i will owe a balance...

See you in NC :cheerleader:

#43 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:53 PM

Speaking of details, when the Spree sails from Texas you need to arrange with the dive shop for tanks and weights, will the same be true when sailing from Key West? Or have they changed since the last time I was aboard?
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#44 netmage

netmage

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech & Cave
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:54 PM

Speaking of details, when the Spree sails from Texas you need to arrange with the dive shop for tanks and weights, will the same be true when sailing from Key West? Or have they changed since the last time I was aboard?

Some of us planning on going are locals and will be driving... I have a few steels at my disposal I can make available for the right motivation...

When Wenchy starts accepting deposits, lets see what the tank situation is and I'll see what we can do. I can probably also carpool w/ one person if someone wants to split gas $$$.

-Tim

Edited by netmage, 15 October 2007 - 01:58 PM.

"I aim to misbehave...."

#45 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for all the help everyone and I'm almost ready to post this trip. Since it is new for the boat they want to verify all I post BEFORE I post it. Sending my final scoop to them for reveiw and then this trip will be open! Sorry for the delay...it will be a great one! And I picked the latest date so we'd have the warmest water! :P

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users