• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

S Florida Dive Day/BBQ/Happy Day

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 KarenO

KarenO

Getting started

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25+

Posted 11 July 2004 - 07:59 PM

Thanks for the report and pictures. It looks like it was a GREAT time. I hope to join you next time :welcome:
KarenO

#17 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 11 July 2004 - 08:45 PM

Again, we all that were not able to attend are envious.

-ZD

Ft Lauderdale airport is only about 15 minutes from my house..... :teeth:

Thanks for the gallery, Eagleman. :welcome:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#18 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 11 July 2004 - 08:59 PM

I hope to join you next time

That will be August 20 - 23. Of course, some of us are always diving someplace and you're always welcome to join in.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#19 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 11 July 2004 - 09:06 PM

yup.
i dive into the laundry almost every day here in chicago....

#20 scuba_jenny

scuba_jenny

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Logged Dives:216

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:30 AM

Marvel you are an awesome party thrower and hostess. I had a very nice time meeting everybody and especially getting that night dive in. Very cool.
Wesley, congrats on your first night dive. Glad you had a good time.

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:57 AM

Hey gang...howdy from texas! Sounds like you all had a blast!!! I sure wish I was there with you all! I wanted to be with you all in spirit so I attempted to do some diving this weekend too...yep...here's what I did:

Waded gingerly into the backed up emails from being gone so long...then dove head first into bills...man I had to fight some mean ones off! But none were as mean as the dust bunny 'sharks' I found swimming around my house when I attempted my own cleanup dive! Then came the surface interval between the first dive of the day and the second dive which was on the USS Shadduck Office Battleship! She used to be a beautiful office in her prime but various explosions and recent dive trips have left her in shambles...but at least she is a decent wreck dive...I even found some great goodies I'd lost on her awhile back! I feel I'll have to dive her again...too much to see and do...not nearly enough bottom time!

After the wreckdive I did a fairly long surface interval working out...I know you aren't supposed to exert yourself when offloading nitrogen...but the risk was small given how I hadn't really absorbed THAT much of the stuff anyway!

I opted to do a night dive into my laundry getting loads of it done...literally and FINALLY got the dive gear cleaned up from the previuos put away where it belongs!

I did sneak in an awesome night dive into a friends wedding that was wonderful! The wedding was performed as guests drank and sat around tables listening to the most incredible private jazz playing I'd ever heard. After the ceremony the full band played the evening as guests many of whom were divers...ate, celebrated and danced! Although it was a glorious evening...all in all...I'd rather been diving with you all!!! But hopefully I'll see you all in August! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#22 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 12 July 2004 - 03:51 PM

Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone in the water - ocean and jacuzzi. The quarters were gone and the meter maid was circling. It was great to meet those of you who I've not met before and great to see those friendly faces again. Hope to see you all again in August, if not before!

A big :evilgrin: to our hostess Marvel! You sure know how to put together a winning day.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#23 Sylvia

Sylvia

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Logged Dives:2

Posted 12 July 2004 - 04:25 PM

:evilgrin: Marvel for hosting this event!!!

It was beautiful day from the sunrise, to sunset, even fireworks. The cool evening breeze and star lite sky was a beauty to behold.

The divers represented provided so much information as each one spoke of their experiences, gave me tips, and shared their discoveries. Walter helped identify the days findings, Cynthia made sure no one dehydrated, Mike gave us first had safety, Kevin's put me at ease regarding diving, Nextariel gave me some neat tips regarding regulators, Scuba Jenny's light keep the night dive going and the list goes on...

Will be doing my dives this month and night dives as soon as cut loose, hopefully in time for this month's Blue Moons. Can't hold me back. :diver:

:twist: :pray: :-D :) :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

#24 scubawes1

scubawes1

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Cert Level:A.O.W.
  • Logged Dives:116

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:38 PM

hey every one, i wanted to say thank you for a wonderful time, i really had a lot of fun and enjoyed meeting meeting every body for the first time, i really look forward to diving with all of you again in the future. and i wanted to thank marvel for the use of the couch friday night it was very nice of you and i also wanted to thank scuba jenny for talking me into the night dive, if it wasn't for her, i would have not have done it and would still not know what a wonderful time i was missing, and with the moral support of scuba babe, marvel, scuba jenny and lee, it turned out to be the best dive i have ever done and i cann't wait to do another night dive!! thanks guys !!

wesley :dance:

#25 idive2

idive2

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW NITROX
  • Logged Dives:140

Posted 12 July 2004 - 06:07 PM

another thanks here to Marvel and all the guests who provided all the great
food for the day and the canopies and coolers, it was a great day for me !
Wes, Cynthia, Jill and Mike I enjoyed our dives and look forward to diving
with all of you again sometime !

Kevin Falconer Fort Myers, FL

#26 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:55 PM

Yeah, but where's all you're pictures, guys!!! Jill wasn't the only one with a camera, both in & out of the water. Buncha slackers. :dance:

Seriously, it was really a tremendously fun day for me filled with diving, laughter, good company & good food- someone want to come help me eat all the leftovers?

One last thing- who would like their mask &/or snorkle back? Let me know who's it is!
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#27 phree337

phree337

Getting started

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Cert Level:OW/Nitrox -- Full Cave
  • Logged Dives:Oh... We're supposed to write those down? :) (120+)

Posted 12 July 2004 - 08:11 PM

Hey gang! Man, it was a GREAT day at the beach Saturday! Thanks so much Marvel for having us over at your place--and thank your neighbors for putting up with us too! :thankyou: It was nice to meet and dive with all of you that I did; Walter, Wes, Jenny, Jill, Mike, Kevin, Marry Ann, Sylvia, Cynthia and all the others that I didn't mention. Walter, thanks for the sunrise dive (sorry Wes--you'll just have to try again!!) as it was a great way to start the day! Yes, five dives makes for a long day, and I should have stayed over instead of sleeping on the side of the road. Next time I will plan to spend the night, OK Marvel? (And yes, I will marry you! :-D ) I think Wesley also had five dives in, so I only win the 'farthest traveled' award. It was well worth the drive! I look forward to diving again with all of you!!
-Lee

"I drank what?" -Socrates

#28 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 08:22 PM

Yes, five dives makes for a long day, and I should have stayed over instead of sleeping on the side of the road. Next time I will plan to spend the night, OK Marvel?

I went out & got an airmatress JUST for you....from my neighbor! :thankyou: Glad you made it home OK & thanks for calling to reassure the mom in me.

(And yes, I will marry you!  )

Too late- you hesitated too long. You snooze, you lose!

I think Wesley also had five dives in, so I only win the 'farthest traveled' award. It was well worth the drive! I look forward to diving again with all of you!!

Naw, Wes & I were both slackers with only four dives- no sunrise dive for either of us, remember?

Come on down anytime. Lee. That goes for the rest of you guys- I'm good a sharing my yard with divers!
Marvel

Posted Image

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:36 PM

Hey looking forward to meeting you all when we head down there in August!!! Sounds like if we have HALF the fun you all did that we'll have an awesome dive trip! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#30 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:45 PM

(And yes, I will marry you!  )

Too late- you hesitated too long. You snooze, you lose!

Lee - I did heard Marvel pop the question! But waiting 3 days to answer is kind of a long time. You do make great salsa! We will have to have a 'salsa off' between you and KBScarlett!

You guys up for it in August?
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users