• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

UTILA...SOLD OUT!!... March 8-15, 2008

• Please log in to reply
615 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:10 AM

We took another room and there is only 1 spot open. We prefer a girl but can take anyone! Sorry it is too late...

Deep Blue Resort Utila's Only Ocean View Resort with ALL Ocean View Rooms!!! Looking for Whalesharks March 8-15, 2008 Limited spots available, Internationally Renown! Come Dive With Us! Posted Image

Note: Important Ongoing Trip Updates at the end of this post...please scroll to the bottom to keep checking and to keep current. This is how we update people on our trips.

Background:
Utila, Bay Islands, Honduras is renown for its Whaleshark encounters and SingleDivers.com is heading there in prime whaleshark season. While nothing is guaranteed, a sighting of these majestic creatures will take an exceptional trip and turn it into an Unforgettable Experience! Our focus will be the large Pelagics such as the Whale Sharks, Mantas, Marlins, Sailfish, Turtles and Sharks but Utila has one of the largest different species count in the Caribbean and is working to be named the HIGHEST unique species count including many wonderful nudibranches in the Caribbean. Utila provides exceptional diving regardless of where you dive the islands 100+ buoyed sites including walls, mounds and reef sites. We are staying with Deep Blue Resort an ocean front diving resort rated #1 in Utila by TripAdvisor!

Scuba diving on Utila is rich and varied with more than 130 buoyed sites around the island. The North side of Utila has the second largest barrier reef in the world with awe inspiring sheer walls dropping to over 1,000 meters. The South side of Utila consists mainly of shallow fringing reefs, the top of the reef at around 5 meters dropping down to between 30 & 40 meters. Then of course during the surface intervals the whale shark search is on.

Package Overview:

March 8-15th part of primetime whale shark season... The pkg is All-Inclusive include 3 boat dives a day, 2 night dives...24 hour Free Internet and UNLIMITED SHORE DIVING 24 Hours A Day for only $1392 or $1292 for Snorkelers including taxes! All rooms at Deep Blue are Ocean Front and approximately 30ft from the Ocean. Rooms come standard with air conditioning, fans, private bathroom and refrigerator. Each rooms has a private balcony overlooking the ocean furnished with table, chairs and hammock. NITROX: $125.00 Unlimited for the week, or $12.00 per tank.

Posted Image

Who's Going? 10 Spots To Start:

1. Kamala aka Wreck Wench - Dallas, TX d/o PAID IN FULL, Nitrox pd Waiver/Survey rec'd
2. Doris aka Ariesno1 - DC, d/o, PAID IN FULL, Nitrox - PD, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
3. Felipe aka fel_Gomez: PAID IN FULL TX, d/o, No Nitrox, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
4. Sandy aka ScubaPunk - PAID IN FULL, d/o, Nitrox PD, Waiver/Survey Rec'd
5. Barb aka Diverbabs - PAID IN FULL d/o, Nitrox PD Survey/Waiver Rec'd
6. Susi aka Susiq - PAID IN FULL d/o, No Nitrox Survey/Waiver Rec'd
7. Tony aka Divesanywhere - PAID IN FULL ,d/o, No Nitroxsurvey/Waiver Rec'd
8. Bruce aka ScubaShafer - PAID IN FULL, d/o, Nitrox PD, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
9. Jim aka tjnjim - PAID IN FULL, d/o, Nitrox PD Survey/Waiver Rec'd
10. Kelly aka CaptainMorgan - PAID IN FULL, d/o, (Nitrox PD) Survey/Waiver Rec'd
11. Dave aka DivinDave: PAID IN FULL No NitroxSurvey & Waiver Rec'd
12. Margaret aka Margarita - PAID IN FULL, d/o, No Nitrox Survey/Waiver Rec'd
13. Karen aka KarenPadi: PAID IN FULL d/o, Nitrox PD, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
14. Barb aka 1scubadiver - Dep, pmt $515, d/o, Snorkel pkg, No Nitrox Survey Rec'd

Trip Videographer: David aka DivinDave
Trip Photograher: Bruce aka ScubaShafer
Trip Instructor: Bruck aka ScubaShafer

Waiting List:

THIS TRIP IS OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT! Please check one of our other trips!

Price includes:

7 nights/7 days Ocean Front Room with Private Balcony, Air conditioning, Fans, Private Bathrooms& refrigerators
16% Hondurian Taxes
All airport transfers on Utila
3 full meals daily
snacks
3 Boat dives daily
2 night Dives
Unlimited shore diving
Use of tanks, weights and belts 24 hours a day
All air fills (excluding nitrox)
Kayaks
24 hour Internet Service
Welcome Cocktail
Tea, Coffee, Water, Icea Tea
SD Meet & Greets
SD T-shirt

Price Does Not Include:

Airfare (we are working with Deep Blue to set up any discounted air that we can)
Rental, instruction and retail charges
Crew gratuities (usually 10-20% of the land package)
Trip Cancellation Insurance (we have great pricing on trip insurance see below)
Nitrox Upgrade: $125 for the week unlimited tanks, or $12 per tank
Departure taxes (up to US$35)

Other Services:

The Single Room Rate is $1600 plus 16% Hondurian Tax or $1856
The resort will wash, store and set up your equipment if you like
The boat dock is less than 1 minute from the room
Dock has large separate wash tanks for equipment, wetsuits and cameras
New & Spacious lockers for your equipment only 5 steps away from the boat

How to Book a Spot on this Trip:

1. Post in this thread that you plan to join us and your check or payment is in the mail or on it's way. We'll then put your name on the 'check's in the mail' list. (Please send your pymt asap as we'll only hold your spot for 7 days.)
2. Fill out the Trip Rooming & Diving Survey plus the SingleDivers.com Medical Liability Release which you'll find under "Stuff you need to know for ALL SingleDivers.com trips & activities!" or click here to link to it. (Send a PM or an email to fingrabber@singledivers.com for the password.)
3. Send your deposit for the trip and/or monies due based upon the payment schedule posted below and payment options. If you need to make special arrangements about payments with me please contact me and I'll gladly work with you. See below for our credit card authorization form.
4. If we need to know what time you are arriving, if you need rental gear, if driving or flying or how much lead you need, you MUST include this with your initial reservation.

Discounts:

$25 membership rebate after the trip for SD premier members and above
Price includes cash discount. Please add 3% if paying via paypal.

Payment Information:

Please add 3% if paying via paypal or credit card.

If paying via credit card (Visa, MC) download the SD Credit Card Authorization Form, complete and fax to 214-350-2558. Click here for the form.

If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to kamala@singledivers.com Be sure to include your address, contact number, screen name and trip name in the details section.

If paying via check or money order, please send payment to:

Kamala Shadduck
SingleDivers.com
3957 Gaspar Ste#200
Dallas, TX 75220
214-350-7003
kamala@singledivers.com

We must have your name, address, screen name and trip name in the memo section of the check to be credited properly for this trip OR include an itemized summary of what you are paying for to ensure proper credit to your account. Please do not combine payments for different trips however multiple payments can be combined for the same trip.

Payment Terms & Schedule:

If not taking advantage of our 'Early Bird' Full booking and payment specials then payments are due as follows:

ASAP: $300 deposit required to reserve a spot on the trip.

Progress Payments:

Immediately to Hold Spot: $400 Deposit
Jan 5, 2008: $496
Jan 25, 2008: $496 Balance of trip payment.

Note: Trip Normally must be paid in full 60 days prior to departure but the boat has given us some slack due to shortlead time. (If this is a problem let me know and I may be able to work with you!)

Cancellation Terms:

59 to 30 days before departure 50% of package
29 days or less before departure Non-refundable

PLEASE obtain trip insurance...it is VERY inexpensive and will protect your investment. You can purchase it right online as well as check quotes etc. It is very economical and averages about $77 for this trip.

Click here for a free quote or to purchase online!

or

Click here for another provider that provides excellent rates and coverage!

How to be reached on the resort/boat while traveling:

TBA

ONGOING TRIP UPDATES:

AA just issued a huge discount code that will work for this trip! :cheerleader:

For those that have not ticketed, but are looking at AA:

Use AA promo code DFSPRLAT08 for a 25% discount

Purchase by Feb-5

For the rules for this promo code, click here: DFSPRLAT08

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

Ok I got the prices to commonly asked for items and a few reminders...

Beer $2.25
Spirits from $3 to $5.00 for something like a 12 yr old Whiskey most are around $3
Wine from $15 a bottle
Soda $1.25

We do not sell snacks, they can be bought on the island. (NOTE THEY WILL BE EXPENSIVE AND SCARCE! So bring your favorite snacks if you have to have a chocolate fix or any other kind of snack!)

Yes you are welcome to buy things at the duty free and have a happy hour one piece of advice I would give though is I don't think it is much cheaper here, the duty free is a rip off here in Honduras cigarettes $1.25 per packet, Rum etc is much cheaper than duty free. (NOTE:If we buy in the US duty free we should be ok! So lets plan to bring your favorite bottle and we'll do our own Happy Hours!)

Edited by WreckWench, 07 March 2008 - 09:18 PM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:25 AM

Been there, diving was a lot like Roatan's - only better. Getting there is challenging, getting bags there on your flight a little more so, and haha - you gotta see the Utila airport...!
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#3 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:16 AM

Been there, diving was a lot like Roatan's - only better. Getting there is challenging, getting bags there on your flight a little more so, and haha - you gotta see the Utila airport...!

Airport? It's actually the widest paved road on the island that's used for drag races between pick ups, mopeds and golf carts but it doesn't go anywhere.
Occasionally a plane lands on it during the day as there are no lights on it for night operations.
Although there are no buses on the island for some strange reason there is a plywood bus shelter there.
Oh and every day I was there they had whalesharks and sometimes they snorkeled with dolphins. :D :cheerleader: At night the eaglerays would come to feed under the lights on the Utila Lodge pier, that BTW is the night life.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#4 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:49 AM

I enjoyed the diving there. Some nice sites.
Very strick no touch no collecting policy.
At least the resort we stayed with enforced it.

Found the "airport" very interesting. I even got to stay and extra 30 minutes while the small planes went to Roatan with the rest of my group.
(18 bags couldn't be loaded on the planes ~ refused to leave mine behind)

Can't wait to see who you are planning on staying with. Looking forward to more details.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#5 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:35 AM

Flights in and out of Utila can definetly be interesting but there are ways to manage it. If it gets to the point where it looks like there is a group going I would be happy to share some pointers on making the flights as smooth as possible. I have been to Utila several times and look forward to going again.
My very first trip to Utila was also my very first time in the water with a Whale Shark. An experience not to be missed. My last trip to Utila was my first experience of being in the water with a very large Marlin. We were diving a seamound and I was watching out into the blue when this gigantic fish comes swiming out of the dark blue right towards me. Took a look at me, turned and swam away. One of those moments that could have been missed in the blink of an eye.
I like to look at it this way. Utila, sometimes a challenge. Always an adventure! :-)

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#6 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:39 PM

Yeah another place I'd like ta go.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#7 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 16 August 2007 - 05:36 PM

:teeth: I've been dying to go to Utilla! How am I going to fit all of these :D trips in next year? Maybe you could offer a buy two get one free special! :)
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#8 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

And does anyone want to go???

You're kidding me, right? Every time I read about a trip on here I want to go! :banghead:
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#9 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:15 PM

This too is on my wish list!! Label me as one who be interested!!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#10 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 02:29 PM

Dusty ~ They are still letting you leave the country?????
You will enjoy Utila.. nice place to dive and the locals were fabulous.

#11 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:45 AM

Dusty ~ They are still letting you leave the country?????
You will enjoy Utila.. nice place to dive and the locals were fabulous.

My parole officer is very understanding and really appreciates those under the table cash payments!!

Are you going to join us if this trip gets put together or do you have another place in mind?
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#12 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:51 AM

My parole officer is very understanding and really appreciates those under the table cash payments!!

Are you going to join us if this trip gets put together or do you have another place in mind?

I am waiting to learn more. I have seen Utila...
Do you think they will allow both of us in the country at the same time? :cheerleader:

Does this mean you are willing to dive with me ?

#13 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 18 August 2007 - 08:29 PM

Here is what I found interesting about Utila. As a card collector, looking like a very interesting week.

http://www.dive-util...naturalist.html

#14 diveprn

diveprn

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Board Status:returning
  • Cert Level:Adv,Rescue,Nitrox,
  • Logged Dives:252

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:16 PM

Hi,
Dandy Don handled our reservations from Roatan to Utila and back. It went very smoothly.
Now if only I can see a Whaleshark next time. Stayed at Deep Blue Resort. Great shore diving too.

Valerie
Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

#15 diveprn

diveprn

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Board Status:returning
  • Cert Level:Adv,Rescue,Nitrox,
  • Logged Dives:252

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:24 PM

ycUXeIXrw2Fs6JAjX9li2kYRqQKLrmwk0180.jpg ZlniRUMYFRxuRft_2B0YEIgsv_TxJWba0180.jpg Here's the plane and the baggage cart at the Utila Airport.
Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users