• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Special Prayers for one of our members hurt diving

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:05 PM

Just to clarify, I didn't mean to start any speculating about Barb's accident. As Pir8 says, undeserved hits do happen. I know Kimber was perplexed for the longest time about her hits because nothing was wrong with her profiles. PFO explained a lot.

Thank you for keeping her in your thougths and prayers and while it is only natural to wonder what happened, we hope that Barb will be able to discuss this with us on her own terms and in her own time!

We can do a grave diservice to people when we speculate, extrapolate or just plain guess what went wrong. Without medical information and patient insight...we truly have no idea what happened or why.

What we do know is that if you were going to get hurt then Cozumel has a top notch first responder team, excellent medical care and the group of divers assembled on this trip was extraordinary! If anything happened to me I would have wanted anyone of them by my side attending to me or caring for my belongings or assisting in all the ways that these divers did! Members of this group stayed with her until the wee hours of the morning at the chamber, made special trips to visit her at the chamber in Mexico as well as the Chamber in Miami and fedex'd her things to her family from Mexico and much much more. They were the best! :P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:44 PM

I am glad she is improving after what must have been an awful experience. My thoughts are with her and her family.
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#18 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:37 PM

My very best wishes for Barb's swift and full recovery, and hopefully, some insight will be gained through this unfortunate turn of events.

Also, so great to hear so many of the group were so helpful in this tough and stressful time. Kudos to all of you on the aborted Coz/Holbox trip.
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#19 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Board Status:Always on the go
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+ logged

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:41 AM

I wish her a speedy recovery and it helps me to contemplate the meaning of life, I wish her well. :birthday:
:fish2: Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...

#20 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:44 AM

I will add her to the prayers I send to Neptune while I am down under. Hopefully she will have a full recovery. I, too, think a PFO test would be a wise move given the unexplained nature of the hit.

#21 Travelgal

Travelgal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:09 AM

When Deb and I were in Miami on Monday we realized that she does have the best Drs and I am sure every test will be performed to determine what happened........and what if any damages have occurred.
Barb we are ALL praying for a full recovery and so far everything looks good for that to happen! You have a great cheerleading squad :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: here at singledivers!!!!! We love you!

Deb and I were so elated on Tuesday am when her brother called to say she had opened her eyes and was responding that tears immediately flowed!

Those of us that were on the trip with Barb have a special bond, of course but all of us at Single Divers have special bonds with all of our members!

I look forward to a more detailed discussion when Barb is ready so we'll learn more about this and the lessons of life that we can learn because of this.................hopefully we will all be better informed divers and because of that better divers over all!!!!! And being better divers we make us better buddies too!
Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:53 AM

Important Message....

Paula aka TravelGal is right...she has the best doctors and they will ascertain what happened to her. When they do and she is well enough to discuss it I am sure she will. At that time I'm certain that some of the mystery of her hit will be more clear and understandable.

In the meantime it is imperative that we keep her in our prayers and to speculate whether she has PFO or not is a disservice to her and her family at this time.

Please honor the request of the family to NOT speculate about her condition, what happened and why until she or they are in a position to know themselves and advise us.

Please keep the focus of this thread on a steady stream of prayers, meditations and good thoughts that are so vitally needed right now so that she can be back diving soon! :respect:

:thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#23 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:09 AM

I know what she is going through and hope she bounces back quickly.

Best wishes...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#24 Penguin

Penguin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:57 PM

The diving gods are looking up at you Barb.....Rock on to a full recovery.

#25 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:34 PM

My prayers are with you Barb. I hope to meet you on a future SD trip once you are fully recovered. :cheerleader:
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#26 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 25 August 2007 - 10:05 AM

The very best wishes and thoughts Barb!!!
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 10:13 AM

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

Barb just called me from the hospital! YES SHE CALLED ME!!! She is out of intensive care and will still be at the hospital for another 2 weeks. Then she will head home for more recuperation. She is still not out of the woods and some motor functions are coming back slowly. PLEASE keep her in your prayers and thoughts...they are working!

Some of you asked for an address to send flowers or cards to her...she will be here for 2 more weeks:

Mercy Hospital
Attn: Ms. Barb Rosenfeld Rm 7124
3663 S. Miami Ave
Miami, FL 33133

She was sounding more like herself and could not express all the graditude that she felt for the members in this group for talking such good care of her. And she credits her life to each and everyone of us who helped her. :wakawaka:

Again when she is well enough to comment I feel that she will. Thank you for your respect and courtesy towards her. PLEASE continue to keep her in your prayers and thoughts!!!

formerly...

#28 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 25 August 2007 - 10:37 AM

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

BARB .... KAMALA....
FANTASTIC! FANTASTIC! This is the best post ever. Thank you for your quick post, Kamala! Thank you also for Barb's address. She is a GREAT lady, and it will be our honor to send her our regards. Thanks again. /sylvia

#29 MissOcean

MissOcean

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25+

Posted 25 August 2007 - 12:25 PM

I am glad to hear she is doing better! She is in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy full recovery. It is a hard thing to go through but the prayers are working and it's great to hear that she is improving. She is a strong women for sure! :wakawaka:
Angela aka MissOcean
I feel like a fish out of water...unless of course..I'm diving!

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

I am glad to hear she is doing better! She is in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy full recovery. It is a hard thing to go through but the prayers are working and it's great to hear that she is improving. She is a strong women for sure! :cheerleader:

She is and she will be so thrilled to see this lovely thread with all the well wishes and prayers and good thoughts all coming her way!

I am always amazed at the outpouring of love on this site.... :cheerleader: :wakawaka:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users