• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Special Prayers for one of our members hurt diving

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#31 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:18 PM

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

BARB .... KAMALA....
FANTASTIC! FANTASTIC! This is the best post ever. Thank you for your quick post, Kamala! Thank you also for Barb's address. She is a GREAT lady, and it will be our honor to send her our regards. Thanks again. /sylvia

Yes Sylvia...this was one of the best posts I've made in a lllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggg time!!!

I was so thrilled to talk to her that I started crying. Then I stopped when I could tell it was upsetting her.

She is a VERY strong woman and will beat this! But she STILL NEEDS OUR PRAYERS...she still does not have full recovery of her motor functions. But this is a miracle...truly a miracle!!!

:wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#32 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:38 PM

May she have a remarkable recovery like Kimber did.

#33 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:55 PM

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

The weatherperson is telling me it is raining -but with this great news NOT IN MY WORLD!
Barb I wish you a speedy recovery

#34 scubachick84

scubachick84

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:10 PM

Excellent news for sure! In the short time I spent with Barb, I found her to be a wonderful person and she is constantly in my thoughts and prayers. The nurse from Georgia who helped us out at the pool when Barb fainted has emailed me and inquired as to Barb's condition. I will be happy to be able to report to her that things have improved and I plan to forward her name and email to Barb.

Paula

#35 Travelgal

Travelgal

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:21 AM

This is fabulous news! I have been watching for this post that she is out of intensive care! I am so relieved for her entire family.......her mother, daughter, and brothers have been by her side and I know how much they also appreciate everything everyone here has done on Barb's behalf........our members are amazing!
Barb we are all lifting you up daily in prayer. Keep a good spirit and we hope to hear soon that you have a full recovery!
Paula
Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#36 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:36 PM

this is indeed fantastic news!!!

Yea Barb!!

#37 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 26 August 2007 - 04:00 PM

Glad to hear Barb is recovering and I hope she makes a full recovery. We're pulling for you.

#38 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:11 PM

Great to hear! Hope the recovery is quick -
Known puker

#39 1Scubadiver

1Scubadiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor-long ago
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:51 AM

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

All of your Prayers ARE WORKING!!!! Hi, I am Barbs brother Harold. On behalf of my entire family I want to say a HUGH THANK YOU for all of your concern, Prayers and well wishes. I had the chance to meet Deb, Barbs dive partner on one of the dives and her sincere concern and helpful details were of tremendous help not just to the Dr.'s, but to us, Barbs family as well. Deb, if you are reading this, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your obvious concern, and for your personal assistance in helping Barb both in Cozumel and at the Hospital in Miami. It was very comforting to us to know that you were with Barb while we were en route to Miami.

I know that there are many others to thank including KAMALA, everyone that has expressed their concerns, and all of you that are keeping Barb in your Prayers. We are finally able to shed tears of joy and not tears of sadness and worry. Barb will keep you posted regarding the How, What's and Whys when she is able.
While she is greatly improved, she will likely require ongoing therapy after she arrives home. She will need to take a train to get home, as opposed to flying.

Barb did ask me to to say one specific thing, that there is only one way to scuba......with singledivers.com :diver: :dancing:

It is impossible for me to adequately express my family's appreciation for all of you help and prayers so I'll simply say THANK YOU and please continue to keep Barb in your Prayers as they are helping and greatly appreciated.

Be safe, and may your Higher Power Bless each and every one of you!!

Sincerely,

Harold, Barbs Daughter, our Mom and the rest of our entire family.

PS. This is a true story of Barb "at play" last summer. I had posted it on and unrelated website last year.

"This past Saturday, my sister and I were at Jersey Beach on Long Beach Island. Barbara, my sister, is a certified scuba diver. While she was 'riding the waves' in the ocean she saw a young father and his son having problems in the water and she immediately gave them her 'boogie board' to use as flotation. By the time the life guards were able to rescue everyone, Barbara had lost her own strength and also needed the help of the life guard. Two total strangers of a different heritage had their lives saved that day by Barbara. She in turn, was help by another stranger, the life guard, who put his life on the line by attempting to rescue three people at one time. Many real life heroes that day and I am proud to say that my sister, Barbara, was one of them.

#40 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:31 AM

Thanks for posting Harold!

Like everyone else on the trip and many around the board, I have been hoping for good news every time I check this thread, and - I thot Barb was posting herself?! I was your sis' buddy for the first two dives, and she is a good, safe diver that I saw.

Still great news. Thanks so much for sharing...!!
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#41 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:57 AM

Harold, Barb & all the family,
Thank you for your kind words. It was lucky I lived close to hosp to be able to get there. Barb I hope you heard my words. I was just one of many who helped(Paula F who went to hosp with you, Sylvia & Sally who did relief Phyllis who did last min details & of course Kamala-I'd be no where without her.) The rest of the group were waiting their turn to help & their spirits were by your bedside encouraging you to get well. It is an amazing group. Barb I only hope that I have a group of NEW friends like these to care about me. I am priviledged to have been part of this trip. And then at the hospital your dear friend Alyson & daughter Ariella appeared And all your family Meryl(?spelling) who called me& came with her Dad, Stan, & her son & your brothers & Mom & Jillian-you are well & truly loved. I am only sorry we didn't spend more time together.
Get well soon Deb

#42 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:13 AM

Wonderful news. I will keep my prayers coming.
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#43 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Board Status:-
  • Cert Level:OW, Drysuit, Underwater Naturalist
  • Logged Dives:16 (pretty hard to dive where there's no water...)

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:06 AM

What Dennis said. :dancing:
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#44 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:27 AM

Wow,
Sorry, I didn't see tis sooner-My thoughts and prayers go out for continued recovery!! :dancing:
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#45 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:53 AM

Barb and family...this is STUPENDOUS NEWS!!!!

I am truly blessed to know that your sister is well on her way to recovery and I will continue to pray that it will be a FULL RECOVERY!!

And I am blessed to have the calibre of members including your sister that we have. I would entrust my life to ANY of them! :dancing:

Please let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do beyond continued prayers and meditations and good thoughts. Sincerely, kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users