• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Diving, Italian style?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Divesanywhere

Divesanywhere

Getting started

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:240-ish

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:05 PM

Hi there--any help would be greatly appreciated!
Kind of a last-minute but fortunate trip--going to be staying in "Leuca", Italy--way down in the southeastern heel of the boot (South of Brindisi) for about 8-9 days. Would love to get some diving in but have had VERY limited success finding info. And when I do I tend to get an Italian form letter requiring some type of reply I'm apparently unable to formulate.
Any tips for the area? I'm hitting the bookstore tomorrow as online has really not given much.
Thanks again,
Tony

P.S ANY tips for the area would be appreciated.

#2 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:01 AM

P.S ANY tips for the area would be appreciated.

Closest I ever got to there was Taranto. One tip. If you are ever driving along a country lane and 4-6 guys dressed in blue short sleeves with sub-machine guns wave you over, do what they say and be very polite. The Guardia di Finanza throw up temporary road blocks to capture smugglers. Quite unnerving when you have been down the same road many times before with no issue.
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#3 Divesanywhere

Divesanywhere

Getting started

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:240-ish

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:04 AM

Thanks for the tip but NO way I'm stopping!! They'll never take me alive!!!!
(just kidding.)

#4 ScubaGypsy

ScubaGypsy

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:35 PM

going to be staying in "Leuca", Italy--way down in the southeastern heel of the boot (South of Brindisi) for about 8-9 days. Would love to get some diving in but have had VERY limited success finding info.

I'm not familiar with the diving in Leuca but in June 2007 I dove out of Praiano on the Amalfi Coast with a dive shop named "La Boa". I did 3 dives with them and had a ball including one dive into a salt water cavern. I found out all of my information on the web although it did take some searching.

Best wishes and have a ball!

LaBoa060807b.jpg

Edited by ScubaGypsy, 25 August 2007 - 03:37 PM.

The sea is everything........Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the 'Living Infinite,' ..........

Capt. Nemo...........20,000 Leagues under the Sea

#5 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:56 PM

If you haven't left yet check out www.divingservice.it & click on "EN" near the top. Marcello Ferrari is a friend of a friend (also Italian)of mine & he said the operation is top notch. He has a few shops
Have fun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users