• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

How Do I Post Images?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 24 August 2007 - 06:01 AM

I have received a few PM's about how to post images. So I thought I would give a quick briefing on the board albums / galleries. An "Album" is a collection of your pictures only. A "Gallery" is a collection of many peoples pictures and is publicly available.

If you want to create a personal album just follow these steps:

Near the top right of the page you will see a link called "My Controls", click there.

On the resulting page look on the left for "Invision Gallery". Under that you will see a link for "Your Albums", click there.

Then click on "Create Album". Note: You can have up to 5 personal albums.

Now you just need to type in an album name, description and check the box if you want others to see it. After you are done, you can now upload images to that album. If marked as private, only you will be able to see it. If marked as public, everyone has access.

If you want to post them into an existing gallery then just follow these steps:

At the top of this page you will see "Gallery", "Help", "Search", "Members" and "Calendar" buttons. Click on "Gallery".

On the resulting page scroll down to the gallery you want and click on it. Then if there is a sub-gallery just click on that to get where you want the pictures to go.

When you get to the right place, click on the "New Image" button and a new window will open. Here you can type a title for your picture and a description. You need to enter at least two characters in the Description box.

Under the Description box you will see "Image to upload" click on "Browse" to the right of this and navigate to where the picture is. When the picture appears in the white window, you can click "Post Image" and in a few seconds it will upload.

Just repeat these steps for each picture.

If you have any questions just ask them here. :birthday:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#2 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 24 August 2007 - 06:35 AM

I have received a few PM's about how to post images. So I thought I would give a quick briefing on the board albums / galleries. An "Album" is a collection of your pictures only. A "Gallery" is a collection of many peoples pictures and is publicly available.

If you want to post them into an existing gallery then just follow these steps:

At the top of this page you will see "Gallery", "Help", "Search", "Members" and "Calendar" buttons. Click on "Gallery".

On the resulting page scroll down to the gallery you want and click on it. Then if there is a sub-gallery just click on that to get where you want the pictures to go.

When you get to the right place, click on the "New Image" button and a new window will open. Here you can type a title for your picture and a description. You need to enter at least two characters in the Description box.

Under the Description box you will see "Image to upload" click on "Browse" to the right of this and navigate to where the picture is. When the picture appears in the white window, you can click "Post Image" and in a few seconds it will upload.

Just repeat these steps for each picture.

If you have any questions just ask them here. :birthday:

I am very challenged. Can't figure out how to move them from my Olympus Master Tried just typing in the image # that didn't work. Moved them to my desktop found them with browse Clicked post image it tried then said picture not allowed. After I clicked browse I went right to post image as The "Upload Image" wouldn't allow me to click on it. HMMMM Help please

#3 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:38 AM

I am very challenged. Can't figure out how to move them from my Olympus Master Tried just typing in the image # that didn't work. Moved them to my desktop found them with browse Clicked post image it tried then said picture not allowed. After I clicked browse I went right to post image as The "Upload Image" wouldn't allow me to click on it. HMMMM Help please

Would you like them in the Cozumel Gallery? I can upload them for you if you like.
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#4 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:03 PM

Would you like them in the Cozumel Gallery? I can upload them for you if you like.

Ok :thankyou: But should I have been able to click on UPLOAD :respect: ? My computer wouldn't let me. I can email That I can do.

#5 secretsea18

secretsea18

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:29 PM

I have tried to make an album, but am only able to put in ONE image at a time! :banghead:

What do you do to put in more than one at a time??? Is it possible?

Thanks in advance,
Robin

#6 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:16 AM

I have tried to make an album, but am only able to put in ONE image at a time! :banghead:

Thanks in advance,
Robin

Hi Robin,

I have the same issue. I took 200 pictures in Grenada and I only put a dozen up on the board. I chose the best ones and they are quite representative of the trip. The board has limited hard disk space so that is probably a good thing. I know that the pics Zack and Bruce took on that trip were exceptional. :wakawaka:

#7 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:18 AM

Ok :banghead: But should I have been able to click on UPLOAD :wakawaka: ? My computer wouldn't let me. I can email That I can do.

Yes, you should just be able to browse to the location of the picture and then upload it. One thing I have found: To successfully upload, you have to put at least two characters in the large description box. Give that a shot.

#8 secretsea18

secretsea18

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 26 August 2007 - 07:52 AM

Thanks in advance,
Robin

Hi Robin,

I have the same issue. I took 200 pictures in Grenada and I only put a dozen up on the board. I chose the best ones and they are quite representative of the trip. The board has limited hard disk space so that is probably a good thing. I know that the pics Zack and Bruce took on that trip were exceptional. :wakawaka:

Thank you for the response. The "one at a time" really does inhibit the sharing of photos, cause who has the time to do it one at a time.

Oh well, as I was trying to put up my photos from my recent trip to Indonesia.

Robin

here is one:

Edited by secretsea18, 26 August 2007 - 07:54 AM.

#9 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:14 PM

here is one:

Wow, I aspire to that level of picture taking. Very nice...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users