• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

What is the secret to ruining a relationship?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#31 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:17 AM

don't try and "fix" everything for me ~ I will ask when I need help

Don't feel the need to talk our ear off about stuff that you don't want us to fix. We're fixers; it's what we do. Gabbing for the sake of gabbing is what your girlfriends are for.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#32 nurseshark

nurseshark

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 28 August 2007 - 11:38 AM

Dishonesty..It makes me completely loose trust
I guess we 've covered this with lying.
But once that boundry has been crossed its so hard to find trust again.
Other things can be forgiven. People make mistakes, but lying takes effort and planning.

#33 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:33 PM

Don't feel the need to talk our ear off about stuff that you don't want us to fix. We're fixers; it's what we do. Gabbing for the sake of gabbing is what your girlfriends are for.

I have to agree ~ Girlfriend/Guyfriend time is very important for both sides.

It important to remember each others strengths and weaknesses.
Work together to allow both partners a chance to excel.

I prefer being told "thank you" instead of being told "how I should have done it better".
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#34 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Board Status:Always on the go
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+ logged

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:36 PM

Negative attitude and a thousand other things, but I know I don't like negative vibes and unfortunately, guys don't like the negative vibes I give off (what? Me? NEVER?)
:elf: :D :taz: :elf: :dance: :taz: :)
:fish2: Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...

#35 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:47 PM

Ok so what is the secret to ruining a perfectly good relationship or keeping one from starting? I of course have a vested interest but I'm guessing others might benefit from this discussion too!

No supper.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#36 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:38 AM

Ok, here is my take on what will ruin a relationship.

If one night, your wife comes home early from having dinner with her parents. Both of your in-laws are with her as she walks into the living room.

There you are, naked except a pair of leather chaps and a gag ball in your mouth. There are 5 hookers also in the room, 4 of which are males. 2 of them have riding crops in their hands. 2 more of them are snorting cocaine off of the 5th one’s a$$. You are covered in hot wax and peanut butter. Throughout the room there are, jumper cables, 7 pounds of ball bearings, a trapeze, a dead circus clown, a car door off of the local police departments new cruiser, a small caliber handgun, and a broken power drill. There is a mule lying on the floor and 3 monkeys are swinging from the chandelier. A 55 gal drum is filled with a fresh batch of crystal meth.

Oh, and you are listening to a John Tesh CD. :)

Not that has happened to me or anything! :P
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#37 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:43 AM

Oh, and you are listening to a John Tesh CD. :)

Yeah, that is a deal breaker right there...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#38 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:10 AM

Ok so what is the secret to ruining a perfectly good relationship or keeping one from starting? I of course have a vested interest but I'm guessing others might benefit from this discussion too!

No supper.

Are you STILL hungry!?! lol
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#39 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:50 PM

No supper.

Are you STILL hungry!?! lol

Yes. But not for my "cooking". :cheerleader:

Edited by Brinybay, 29 August 2007 - 02:50 PM.

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#40 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 29 August 2007 - 03:51 PM

Don't expect the guy to be like your Dad, or your former boyfriend you were crazy about but he wasn't crazy about you, or whoever. Love him for who he is. Listen when he tells you what made his past significant relationships bad and pick up a few tips on what not to do. Once the "L" word has been exchanged and both parties are fully comfortable with it, be sure to say "I love you" a lot. Also, the suggestion about rubbing feet/rubbing other parts for women/guys is also right on the money (not that guys don't like their feet rubbed, too).

Edited by mantarraya, 29 August 2007 - 03:51 PM.

Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#41 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:58 PM

If one night, your wife comes home early from having dinner with her parents. Both of your in-laws are with her as she walks into the living room.

There you are, naked except a pair of leather chaps and a gag ball in your mouth. There are 5 hookers also in the room, 4 of which are males. 2 of them have riding crops in their hands. 2 more of them are snorting cocaine off of the 5th one’s a$$. You are covered in hot wax and peanut butter. Throughout the room there are, jumper cables, 7 pounds of ball bearings, a trapeze, a dead circus clown, a car door off of the local police departments new cruiser, a small caliber handgun, and a broken power drill. There is a mule lying on the floor and 3 monkeys are swinging from the chandelier. A 55 gal drum is filled with a fresh batch of crystal meth.

Oh, and you are listening to a John Tesh CD. :banghead:

Not that has happened to me or anything! :diver:

Where do you come up with this stuff???? :flirt:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#42 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:03 PM

Oh, and you are listening to a John Tesh CD. :flirt:

Not that has happened to me or anything! :o

Where do you come up with this stuff???? :diver:

I think he's been listening to that John Tesh CD too much!!

or maybe watching Pulp Fiction :banghead:

anyway, I'd say that anger, dis-respect, dishonesty, substance abuse, and apathy will destroy any relationship, it doesn't matter if it's friends or an SO

#43 Tank

Tank

Getting started

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced OW and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:22

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:56 PM

Oh, and you are listening to a John Tesh CD. :P

Not that has happened to me or anything! :D

Well, I know I'd leave her for that! I mean the nerve of trying to get her parents to join in. Thats just wrong! :P

But seriously... I would have to say that as long as you can both be yourself not try to make the other something they not is a big thing.

Edited by Tank, 30 August 2007 - 09:00 PM.

#44 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:14 PM

Ok, here's a recent experience I had that pretty much killed it from the start. Give a complete, detailed history of all your past and present relationships and your sexual experience, starting from losing your virginity. BORING!

#45 jholley309

jholley309

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:00 PM

Where do you come up with this stuff???? :wakawaka:

Kamala, we may all be better off not knowing...

:o

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users