• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Welcome Home Dan....from your DAN Internship!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:42 PM

Well its hard to believe its already over but Dan aka Scubatooth is heading back to Dallas tomorrow. His time in Puerto Rico as a DAN Intern has quickly come to an end.

While we are sad that this wonderful experience will be drawing to a close...we are thrilled to have him back in Big D! We've missed him!

Please join me in welcoming Dan back home! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

WW

Thank you very much this has been a summer that i wont forget anytime soon. I have learned so much this summer its very hard to described as there are so many facets to it. I have met so many people that i consider to be very close friends, and that they consider me family.

It is really sad that this journey is coming to a end, but i will be back to visit my friends when SD comes to Puerto Rico sometime in the near future. So what happens after tomorrow when i leave this paradise is that it means now that I have to rejoin the real world, which for me is getting a Full time job using my paramedic training. Does this mean i will stop persuing further higher education, well in short the answer is no- there will a temporary gap in my pursuing my Bachelors of Fine Arts in Photography, and more. In addition to this my experince this summer has kindled a flame in me to persue getting my instructor rating ( I will persue it soon it just depends on how some things shake out).

For those wondering heres a few stats on this summer for my internship

Number of flights this summer = 10 (RDU-DFW, DFW-RDU// DFW-EWR-BQN, BQN-EWR-DFW (Tomorrow), and BQN-JFK-RDU, RDU-JFK,BQN) - Any CO elites feel generous enough to upgrade me to BusinessFirst(load = 14/18 open) tomorrow? if so call the wench to get ahold of me.
Number of miles flown = 8992
Number of Airlines flown =3 - CO, AA, B9
Number of Miles Driven 6400 (yes on a island 40 miles wide and a 100 miles long)
Number of Wrecked Rental Cars = 0
Number of Nicknames Acquired = 2 -- DanDan and Dan From Dan
Number of Dives = 69 - on track to hit 100 dives for the year and 300 dives overall. Dives also included workups for completing my Decompression Procedures Class
Number of hours spent under water= 57.6
Average Dive Duration = 50 minutes
Average Dive Depth = 43 feet
Shortest Dive= 20 minutes lobster dive
Longest Dive= 105 minutes on a Alum 80
Number of Certifications obtained = 1 (IANTD Gas Blender - Nitrox & Trimix) Ran out of time to complete my DAN DES Quest, Will be completed by years end, along with BLSPRO and DEMP
Number of dive profiles collected for DAN PDE Project ~1050 (will have a firm total after i finish processing them)
Number of Contacts/Friends made = Many; to many to list in this post.
Number of professional photographers met = 1 (Angelo Cordero - I helped him to learn UW photography, inturn he has taught me alot about the fashion and commerical photography world. Furthermore Angelo will be coming to Dallas shortly before the wedding to do a shoot with one of his favorite models who lives in dallas and is about a month older then me (yes i have her number :P)
Number of pictures taken= 19,000 (under, over, on the water - Film & Digital)
Job Interviews = 1 (Still waiting to here back, they asked for a second set of references)
Number of Bottles of Rum shipped home = XXX (to be disclosed after they arrive)

Value of the whole experince = Priceless

Thank you again WW, it means alot as ......right now i dont know what to say as im a little choked up right now so im going to stop now.

Tooth

Edited by Scubatooth, 30 August 2007 - 08:29 PM.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#3 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:40 PM

Also if anyone wants to meet me at the airport i will be coming in on CO flight 1137 from EWR getting in about 6:30 PM.

If anyone in NYC / NJ area wants to meet up while im there I have about three hours as i come in to EWR about 1210(CO 0315 BQN - EWR) and my flight doesnt leave till 330pm. Wouldnt mind meeting up with other SDers in the area, and i will brave a second trip through security for it (anyone know if there are lockers i could store my carryons in term C at EWR)

Tooth

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#4 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:45 PM

Glad your trip was such a success, Dan!

#5 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:16 PM

I don't know if I would ever be able to leave. You are much stronger than I.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#6 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:10 AM

Congrats to you Tooth and welcome back to Texas!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#7 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:27 AM

Congrats to you Tooth and welcome back to Texas!

Have a safe trip in Dan, too bad I didn't know you were flying through Newark, I would have made arrangements to get up there, saw your itinerary too late.

Sounds like the experience of a lifetime...
Drew Z.

"Winter is not a season, it's an occupation." -Sinclair Lewis

Meet Pearl and Opal, the new shark rays in Adventure Aquarium.

#8 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:35 AM

Cell is XXX XXX-XXXX (note to mods after tomorrow evening nuke this post please)

You forgot to post the models number... Feel free to PM it... :D
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#9 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:13 AM

Well Everyone Im back home in Dallas, yesterday was a long day on two very packed airplanes, and all my bags made it as well along with 2 bottles of rum inside one of them.

Note to self do some odd jobs beforethe PH trip to get a nack pillow and bose NC headphones

BTW how does it happen when you go somewhere with back with room in them and under the weight limit that when you come back there 50% heavier even after you have shipped alot of stuff home.

Sha - sorry man I have to protect that number(As the same with all the models I have shot) as i would like to be able to set up a couple of photo shoots with her in the near future. would you settle for a pic ?

Drew - no problems man, i will be up towards jersey in the near future so we can meet up then, if not im still planning to go to benath the sea.

Well i have to unpack everything and run a few errands so I will be back in a few.

Finally thanks mods for removing my cell number - if anyone wants to call just PM me and i will send it to you, especially if your coming to the wedding.

Dan

#10 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:50 PM

Sha - sorry man I have to protect that number(As the same with all the models I have shot) as i would like to be able to set up a couple of photo shoots with her in the near future. would you settle for a pic ?

Sure. Write her number on a dive slate, take a picture and send it along... :welcome:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#11 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:23 PM

Sha

if it will stop you bugging me fine here is her number XXX-XXX-XXXX and BTW shes not a certified diver yet, Im hoping to change that.

as for the photos let me talk to her and see if she minds, and then i will have to get the WW to review it before I post it as i dont want to me shot by her.

Tooth

Edited by shadragon, 02 September 2007 - 06:47 AM.

#12 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:22 PM

Also today when i came home from running some errands and making a run to take somethings to said model, i noticed all of the items i had shipped from PR at 5pm on thursday had made it home which totally blew my mind as i wasnt expecting it until like tuesday.

So for the record sitting on my desk are 19 bottles of rum that i shipped home for my personal bar. I will take a picture of it and post it.

unfortuantly I wasnt able to get the last items i wanted at the duty free shop at the airport on the way home(took to long to get bags checked and through security), so if anyone is going to PR before SD does let me know as i have a list for you to ship to me as i will pay you for it, unless my friends in PR can ship me some. Either way let me know

Items i missed on this trip

DonQ Christal (Silver)
DonQ Limon
DonQ Grande Anejo
Captain Morgan - Private Stock (I can get the normal stuff here)
There are a couple of others but i will have to look at my pictures to see which ones for the names.

Tooth

#13 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:48 AM

Glad you had a great time. By the way, I spotted your's and Alison Ma's pics in the latest issue of DAN's Alert Diver Mag. Watch out - this much publicity can get you on the cover of the National Inquirer. :diver:

Edited by BubbleBoy, 02 September 2007 - 09:12 AM.

BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#14 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:55 AM

if it will stop you bugging me fine here is her number XXX-XXX-XXXX and BTW shes not a certified diver yet, Im hoping to change that.

I edited out the number in your post and I didn't write it down. I was just joking around as I usually tend to do on here. Given your well developed sense of humor I was expecting a 1-900 number to be sent back or something... "For a good time call Dora..." :diver: All the best.

#15 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:21 AM

ah dang it simon, you go look at the post and google the number you will see what it is and thats not her real phone number it was a number for the rejection hotline. Edit the post it got cooked as i cant see it anymore; did it get back roomed or three finger saluted?

Really inreality with my photography for clients and the models i shoot my normal policy is that I keep there identities/information private unless they wish for me to give it out to other clients, agencies, photographers.

Bubbleboy - what do you mean by that with national inquier and alison Ma?

Tooth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users