• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The DAN TagŪ

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:49 AM

It's time for me to order a new DAN tag, so I thought I'd post the DAN tag info here in case others are interested in adding this to your scuba equipment.

The DAN TagŪ

Clipped to your BCD, the DAN Tag informs emergency personnel that you are a DAN Member. It will also let them know who they need to call and what to look for in an emergency, while providing information to help treat most symptoms on the spot from the information provided.

The DAN Tag is made of translucent, high-impact quality aircraft acrylic that is negatively buoyant and water-resistant at any depth. Its multipurpose design also allows it to be used for other applications such as ID tags, key chains and more.

Manufactured by Palancar Industries, DAN Tags are available in seven colors: aqua teal, amber, lime green, hot pink, light grey, electric blue, and DAN the Safety Man (DSM) blue.

To order a DAN Tag, please use Palancar's online order form.

A Portion of the Proceeds from DAN Tag Sales
Goes to Support DAN's Mission

Posted Image
[source: www.diversalertnetwork.org][i]
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#2 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:51 PM

Good suggestion. I have 300 dives on mine. ;)
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#3 Tank

Tank

Getting started

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced OW and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:22

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:02 PM

I have been needing to order mine just haven't done it yet <=====slacker They have the ones with the mirror attached as well

#4 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:06 PM

They have the ones with the mirror attached as well

Glad you brought this up. They only sell them with the mirrors attached now.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#5 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:38 PM

I have one, but maybe I should get the new one with the mirror so I can fix my hair during my dive. ;)

#6 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:09 PM

Now that's a great idea. ;) I'll be getting one also...

#7 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:53 PM

I really is a great idea, and I have often wondered why I see so few on boats. If my home buddy got hurt on a trip with me (he doesn't dive otherwise), I know his family and how to reach them - but if he needed emergency help and I didn't know where his billfold was, I'd be challenged to get the info fast enough - especially the financial guarantees. My BC does not go into the water without mine, and I only dive my BC.

Another idea I use, but know no one else who uses it, is a dog tag that is always hung from my neck when I leave the house, especially on dive trips. Cheap, easy to wear, etc - with my next of kin info and my allergies. Sees like an excellent idea for dive days anyway.

And I wish that all dive boats used the Free DAN Boat Tags but that idea seems to have failed. ;)

Edited by DandyDon, 31 August 2007 - 05:54 PM.

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#8 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:05 PM

So here I was last evening doing the pool session for my rescue class and I noticed this great little tag that my instructor had on his BC. At closer look it was a DAN tag and I was going to ask about it, but class carried on and I forgot..... Then today I log on to SD and here they are again! I just finished ordering mine. These are so cool. :P I can't wait to receive it and put it on my BC. Thanks Dive_Girl. :banghead:

Oh....and I can fix my hair underwater now too! :P
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#9 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:32 AM

DG

Thanks for bring this up this is something I got questions alot about while on my internship as I talked about these along with the DAN Lugguge tags. Both seemed to have people very interested in, would be interesting to know how many people i got to sign up as members and buy the tags :lmao:

Needless to say i have 2 ordered and i have to see if there in my pile of mail that has stacked up over the summer.

Dan

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#10 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:47 AM

scubachick84 showed me one of these on Cozumel, I thought it was a great idea. Just ordered mine...
Drew Z.

"Winter is not a season, it's an occupation." -Sinclair Lewis

Meet Pearl and Opal, the new shark rays in Adventure Aquarium.

#11 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:03 PM

Oh....and I can fix my hair underwater now too! :lmao:

I think that the mirror is covered with a removable coating so that it will not become scratched before use nor attract barracuda. My early model DAN tag does not have the mirror; they are sold separately to slide over the older DAN tag, but I already have a coated mirror I hang from my neck.

The BC & DAN Tag I wore on every trip for years....

Posted Image

#12 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:15 PM

Oh....and I can fix my hair underwater now too! :welcome:

Sorry Carla - we'll just have to duct tape your hair down so you'll be purdy no matter what! :cheerleader: Just a suggestion from one southern gal to another.........................
Known puker

#13 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:00 PM

Posted Image

Don, you are the only person I know who would wear a cowboy hat and BCD at the same time :welcome:
Drew Z.

"Winter is not a season, it's an occupation." -Sinclair Lewis

Meet Pearl and Opal, the new shark rays in Adventure Aquarium.

#14 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:55 PM

Don, you are the only person I know who would wear a cowboy hat and BCD at the same time :diver:

Oh, maybe you need to get out more. But I generally don a hat for any pic. I never like my own pics, but I think a hat helps. But back to the tags...

Some divers tell me that I promote DAN so much, as well as their insurance and tags, that I should be getting a commission. Nah, but I do encourage it al lot, even for the once a year vacation diver, and get down on anyone who tells me they're just going to risk it. I've just read too many stories and seen too many leave in ambulances. It's a controlled risk sport and hits are rare, but when one happens - you can't afford to do without the $99 a year it cost to have it.

And I think the DAN tags are worth the $20 once expense, as they can save valuable time for anyone found in need of help. Having your DAN card in your dive bag, or your buddies all know where it is, or the info on the paperwork, or whatever all have risks for when minutes are precious - and you may be unconscious, in pain, sustaining additional damages, whatever. No chamber has to treat you without proof of payment guarantees, and many won't - some will just give you oxygen. Wear the tag or a tattoo wit your DAN number on every dive.

I carry it one step further, as my DAN number is also on my dog tag that hangs from my neck anytime I leave the house, even in my own yard. Yeah, I got more personal stories to back that up, but I'll skip them for now. :P

#15 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:08 AM

I have one, but maybe I should get the new one with the mirror so I can fix my hair during my dive. :(

:birthday: I remember seeing your's and thinking I should get one of them. Of course, champion procrastinator that I am I haven't yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users