• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Who's Up for Diving in South Florida?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 blue_diver

blue_diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:28 PM

Yea, yea I know it's a trick question...

I'm headed to Delray Beach on the 28th of the month and won't be heading home until Saturday the 6th of October. This is a dive trip plain and simple and I would like to get in as many as I can. Since I get in late in the day of the 28th probably won't be able to start getting wet until Saturday the 29th. Saturday I'm looking to dive with Kevin on the Underwater Explorer and will probably do the same for Sunday. After Sunday I haven't made any definite plans on any boats or locations. Sooo, my question again, who's up for diving in South Florida? Shore dives, boat dives and night dives I'm game for whatever Saturday the 29th until the morning of the 5th. Since I will be solo would sure like to find some dive buddies and meet some more of the great folks diving in South Florida.

Oh and at least of of these days I would like to cruise down to the Keys and get in some more dives around Key Largo.

#2 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:50 AM

"welcome to Florida".

I hope you enjoy your trip to Delray Beach. I would love to dive with you, but I live way over in Delray Beach.

Wait... someone just "whoop me upside the head" with a 2x4.

I'll dive with you !

Nothing deeper than 100', though.

#3 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:27 AM

Yea, yea I know it's a trick question...

I'm headed to Delray Beach on the 28th of the month and won't be heading home until Saturday the 6th of October. This is a dive trip plain and simple and I would like to get in as many as I can. Since I get in late in the day of the 28th probably won't be able to start getting wet until Saturday the 29th. Saturday I'm looking to dive with Kevin on the Underwater Explorer and will probably do the same for Sunday. After Sunday I haven't made any definite plans on any boats or locations. Sooo, my question again, who's up for diving in South Florida? Shore dives, boat dives and night dives I'm game for whatever Saturday the 29th until the morning of the 5th. Since I will be solo would sure like to find some dive buddies and meet some more of the great folks diving in South Florida.

Oh and at least of of these days I would like to cruise down to the Keys and get in some more dives around Key Largo.

Welcome :( to the area. I know there are lots of South Floridians waiting for your arrival. I see that you already have a "Racer' buddy. If you are up near W.P.B. let me know. I can supply local information regarding the different boats / ops... Sorry I won't be able to dive...stupid job! :birthday:
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#4 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:44 AM

I know how you feel, Zach.

Weekday dives are better for me this time of year.

Stupid Job !

And if Blue Diver is flying out on a Saturday, that means last dive is sometime Friday or even Thursday.

I need to go diving up your way also. I need to broaden my horizons. (Is there a horizon underwater?)

#5 scubagalpal

scubagalpal

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:2500 +

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:07 AM

Stupid Job !

And if Blue Diver is flying out on a Saturday, that means last dive is sometime Friday or even Thursday.

I need to go diving up your way also. I need to broaden my horizons. (Is there a horizon underwater?)

Since we all seem to have these "Stupid Jobs", maybe we ought to have twilight dive during the week in honor of Blue Diver's arrival. I'm in town that week (as I know it today) and would be glad to do a little trip up coast for dive. That's the only way I can dive durig the week.

Stupid Job!

#6 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:25 AM

Stupid Job !

Since we all seem to have these "Stupid Jobs", maybe we ought to have twilight dive during the week in honor of Blue Diver's arrival. I'm in town that week (as I know it today) and would be glad to do a little trip up coast for dive. That's the only way I can dive durig the week.

Stupid Job!

I can take the boat out for a twilight dive just about any time we want. We just need enough divers... maybe 6 would be good.(?) Sounds easy enough ...Zach

Edited by divzac, 07 September 2007 - 11:29 AM.

#7 blue_diver

blue_diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 10:32 PM

Stupid Job !

Stupid Job!

I can take the boat out for a twilight dive just about any time we want. We just need enough divers... maybe 6 would be good.(?) Sounds easy enough ...Zach

Thanks for the replies. Alan, I'm not big on diving below 100' so we're good. I don't have any dives firmed up for the week after Sunday so whatever works for you. A twilight dive would be cool, I'm sure up for that and if we can get enough to go out with Zach even better. What day do we want to try for?

#8 blue_diver

blue_diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 10:36 PM

Ok, so far I've booked a spot on the Underwater Explorer for 8AM on the 29th, anyone interested in joining me? Will have two friends on the 1 PM trip on the same boat so there are 3 spots open and doing that again Sunday morning the 30th. Was thinking about trying for more boat dives in the vicinity of Delray on Monday and Tuesday, anyone available?

#9 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:50 AM

Ok, so far I've booked a spot on the Underwater Explorer for 8AM on the 29th, anyone interested in joining me? Will have two friends on the 1 PM trip on the same boat so there are 3 spots open and doing that again Sunday morning the 30th. Was thinking about trying for more boat dives in the vicinity of Delray on Monday and Tuesday, anyone available?

I will not be able to make it as I work the weekends. (again...stupid job!) Hope you have a great time!!

#10 blue_diver

blue_diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:32 PM

I will not be able to make it as I work the weekends. (again...stupid job!) Hope you have a great time!!

Thanks Zach, understand the job thing, looking forward to warm water and good viz since 54 degree water and 15 foot viz can get old after a while.

#11 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:40 PM

Thanks Zach, understand the job thing, looking forward to warm water and good viz since 54 degree water and 15 foot viz can get old after a while.

The warm water and great vis is looking forward to your visit! It has been top to bottom all week....Zach

#12 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:47 PM

Did anything ever come about for a twilight dive while Blue-water is here. I'd be up for that if Zach can still pull it off.

Not sure if we had enough folks interested or not....

Babs
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#13 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:14 AM

Did anything ever come about for a twilight dive while Blue-water is here. I'd be up for that if Zach can still pull it off.

Not sure if we had enough folks interested or not....

Babs

...Plan it & they will come... no worries Barb, go for it, z

#14 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:57 PM

OK Gang -

I'm going to put together a post for a single tank twilight dive and HH out of Riviera Beach for while Blue Diver is in town.

So, before I do.... Blue Water.... since you have been scheduling your dive trip I thought I'd bounce it off of you first. Would you be interested and if so, what week day works for you while you're here?

Barb
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#15 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:51 AM

I'm always up for a dive in South Florida. Unfortunately, I'm in Virginia right now.
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users