• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Opposite sex friends

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 24 September 2007 - 04:36 AM

Here's the Shelby you really want.

Actually its a FFR imitation of the real deal. Still a nice ride though.

Why buy an imitation that's worth, um.....Nothing. If you purchase an authentic Shelby now and sit on it for a while ( especially considering his health) you'll have quite a return on your investment in a few years.

It's true, there isn't much resale on these kits. Everyone who wants one wants to build their own.

Unfortunately, I can't get a big enough mortgage on my house to buy a real one. This one only cost me $15k plus $5k to upgrade the engine, suspension and fuel system. Not too much to spend I think for a car that will do 0-60 in under 4.0 sec and beat a Dodge Viper in the 1/4 mile. :usflag:

Edited by BubbleBoy, 24 September 2007 - 04:36 AM.

BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#62 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 24 September 2007 - 08:26 AM

Guys, guys, guys... we've gone from opposite sex friends to sports cars. Just what ARE you thinking? Heck, I drive a golf cart and 20-year old Toyota Tercel... I'm much more interested in the opposite sex, even if it is just as friends.

#63 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:29 AM

Guys, guys, guys... we've gone from opposite sex friends to sports cars. Just what ARE you thinking? Heck, I drive a golf cart and 20-year old Toyota Tercel... I'm much more interested in the opposite sex, even if it is just as friends.

Yea, I guess we did sort of get off track. It's easy to do with cars though. Like the movie "Scent of a Woman". It seemed like half the film was about Ferraris.

By the way, what's the top speed of your golf cart? How well does it handle in the corners? :usflag:
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#64 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:02 AM

Ha! Top speed for the golf cart is 0 mph since the engine seized two weeks ago. They don't put speedometers on them, but it gets my dive gear down to the dive boat and the dive park. Now let's get back to the subject of women as friends.

As I was editing my video footage, a thought came to mind. With my female friends and dive buddies, I think our communication is very good. There doesn't seem to be too much confusion in getting our points across. Of course the sexual issues have been resolved way back, so that is not an issue. It seems the women with whom communication is unclear are ones that are possible love/lust interests.

#65 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:21 PM

Dr. B ~ I think you are correct ~ possible love/lust interests does make the communication a bit murky.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#66 JohnEric

JohnEric

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:02 PM

I myself am not sure it is possible
John Siggelow AKA Diver 1

#67 JohnEric

JohnEric

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:17 PM

well for my part I will talk to anyone and about anything, if you want to tell me about your bedroom activities that is fine with me....I do prefer if you also bring photos :birthday: .
John Siggelow AKA Diver 1

#68 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:48 PM

well for my part I will talk to anyone and about anything, if you want to tell me about your bedroom activities that is fine with me....I do prefer if you also bring photos :birthday: .

Sounds about right to me.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#69 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Cert Level:Junior Jedi Knight
  • Logged Dives:6000+ (combined scuba & extended range freedives)

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:19 PM

According to psychologists, while men and women are equally capable of solving problems, it is the thought process leading to the final solution that varies between men and women. For men, a problem is an opportunity to demonstrate their problem solving ability in a quick and efficient manner. Men see having the problem solved as the ultimate goal, and for men, the best solution is the one that is the quickest and most efficient. For women, a problem is an opportunity to work together to find a resolution. Women relish the chance to communicate about a problem and the act of working together to solve a problem is more important than actually solving the problem. Women feel better about problems if the process of problem solving draws relationships and friendships closer together.

Well said, Trace.

Problems are for those with nothing more positive in their lives. I have no problems, so I don't have to solve anything. Well, if you don't count finding a way to earn plenty of money without working, and finding that ultimate dive buddy. But those are minor situations compared to REAL problems!

Yes - I hear you. My biggest problem right now is that my psychic powers have not evolved enough yet for me to be able to figure out the winning lottery numbers....

I don't know about the NJ Lotto Pick 6, but I could give you 10 numbers with which you'd really get lucky.

:diver:
Does that mean if I win you are going to join me on my dive/surf/snowboard around the world mission?

Well, we could wait for THAT to happen, or, we could play with numbers such as .44, .50, .357, 7.62mm, 5.45mm, .308, 25mm, etc., and become some sort of Point Break Bonnie and Clyde traveling the world diving, shredding and robbing banks starting with the National Australian Bank; Deutsche Bank AG, Frankfurt am Main, Germany; BNP Paribas SA, Paris, France; The Bank of Tokyo; UBS AG, Zürich, Switzerland; ABN AMRO Holding NV, Amsterdam, Netherlands; Fortis Bank NV/SA, Brussels, Belgium; Banca Intesa SpA, Milan, Italy; CIMB Islamic Bank in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. What do you think?

Sounds like a plan to me! I'm just mad I didn't think of this myself!
:birthday:

That's only because your brain is oh, "sew" mushy.
Trace Malinowski
Technical Training Director
PDIC International

#70 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:56 PM

According to psychologists, while men and women are equally capable of solving problems, it is the thought process leading to the final solution that varies between men and women. For men, a problem is an opportunity to demonstrate their problem solving ability in a quick and efficient manner. Men see having the problem solved as the ultimate goal, and for men, the best solution is the one that is the quickest and most efficient. For women, a problem is an opportunity to work together to find a resolution. Women relish the chance to communicate about a problem and the act of working together to solve a problem is more important than actually solving the problem. Women feel better about problems if the process of problem solving draws relationships and friendships closer together.

Well said, Trace.

Problems are for those with nothing more positive in their lives. I have no problems, so I don't have to solve anything. Well, if you don't count finding a way to earn plenty of money without working, and finding that ultimate dive buddy. But those are minor situations compared to REAL problems!

Yes - I hear you. My biggest problem right now is that my psychic powers have not evolved enough yet for me to be able to figure out the winning lottery numbers....

I don't know about the NJ Lotto Pick 6, but I could give you 10 numbers with which you'd really get lucky.

:cool1:
Does that mean if I win you are going to join me on my dive/surf/snowboard around the world mission?

Well, we could wait for THAT to happen, or, we could play with numbers such as .44, .50, .357, 7.62mm, 5.45mm, .308, 25mm, etc., and become some sort of Point Break Bonnie and Clyde traveling the world diving, shredding and robbing banks starting with the National Australian Bank; Deutsche Bank AG, Frankfurt am Main, Germany; BNP Paribas SA, Paris, France; The Bank of Tokyo; UBS AG, Zürich, Switzerland; ABN AMRO Holding NV, Amsterdam, Netherlands; Fortis Bank NV/SA, Brussels, Belgium; Banca Intesa SpA, Milan, Italy; CIMB Islamic Bank in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. What do you think?

Sounds like a plan to me! I'm just mad I didn't think of this myself!
:usflag:

That's only because your brain is oh, "sew" mushy.

Oh - you know it. Haha!
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#71 GrumblePhish

GrumblePhish

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:nOOb
  • Logged Dives:1

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:44 AM

Ok, women are always saying they want male friends who treat them like just another person, w/o the sex/romance thing getting in the way.

Well, I've tried a few times, with some success, but here's one of my pet peeves. I'm your friend, but I'm not your GIRL-friend. I'm still a guy. I DO NOT want to hear about your past and present male partners problems/performance (or lack thereof) IN THE BEDROOM. There's nothing I can do about it, it's none of my business, and it makes me feel uncomfortable hearing it. Am I wrong in feeling that way? If so, then I'll stop having female friends because I don't want to hear that stuff and they always seem to want to "share" with me in that way.

Well, I think your going to find yourself in a few conversations about past/present BFs. But you can certainly be clear from the get go that pillow talk is not a subject you want to discuss. Some open communication and ground rules go a long way!

If you follow the rule from the movie When Harry Met Sally -females/males can't be just friends. When I was younger I proved that numerous times. Luckily, I grew up and now have some awesome female friends who have been charitable enough to see past be faults and remained friends with me over the many years.

Of course some I owe a HUGE apology to for ruining our friendship, acting like an idiot, being friends again, and then dumping the friendship once I found a girlfriend (who I married and then divorced thus leaving me alone again!). If you follow my advice you won't find yourself on an awesome forum about diving only to find a best friend you wronged once and are terribly afraid you won't be forgiven and might as well just vanish back into the murky depths of some other forum somewhere. Or you can hope she doesn't notice yoru even here!

RUNAWAYYYYYYYYYY

#72 bbdrag0n

bbdrag0n

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:13 PM

I've got to comment on this. I have many male friends who have been very true friends. No
romantic stuff or anything else except friendship. Now, I'm even friends with their girlfriends
or wives. We still talk. Sometimes I talk to their female halves. No big deal. That what friends are.

I've know some of the same jerks that both you males and females are talking about. They say
they want to be friends, but eventually try to me more.

Like most people, I can usually tell if there is a romantic possibility or not. If there is, that's not
the person I want to be friends with.

JMHO....

pamela :lmao:

:D

Edited by bbdrag0n, 27 December 2007 - 07:14 PM.

#73 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:21 AM

I, for one, would prefer getting romantically involved with someone I was friends with first. Of course ideally the romantic part would evolve out of the friendship. Of course when I speak of romance, I'm not thinking just sex (I think of that all the time anyway), I'm thinking about a woman who would make a fantastic partner in life, a good communicator, someone I respected and who respected me. Although I'd hope the physical side was always good, we'd only be spending a few hours a day on that so I want to make sure we're comfortable being together for the rest of the day!

I've had GREAT physical relationships with women I wouldn't feel comfortable with as full partners, and much more satisfying relationships with women I've never gone beyond friendship with. Of course I'd prefer to have it all... or even just a little of each!

Edited by drbill, 28 December 2007 - 09:23 AM.

#74 cancunbiologist

cancunbiologist

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:32 PM

that whole let's just be friends thing never really worked for me unless the friend in question is not attractive at all... otherwise it all ends where my life started... :wavey:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users