• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

So did anyone survive the Great White Trip???

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 secretsea18

secretsea18

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:41 AM

Hey all of you who braved and hopefully met, Toothy:

Did anyone survive or are you still all so awestruck that you have lost your ability to type? How was this trip? Did you see any big toothed friends? Come on everyone..... how about some details!!!! PLEASE....

Why yes we did...barely as you can tell from the posts! Some of us survived better than others!

Please check out the great pics posted so far! And yes I even have some pics I'll try to get posted too! Click here for all the 'great shots'!

Edited by WreckWench, 15 October 2007 - 08:28 PM.

#2 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:05 AM

How about some details!!!! PLEASE....

Pictures too... :P
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#3 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:18 AM

Maybe they all got eaten! :P

#4 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:13 PM

Trip details to follow but there are pics in the gallery that I uploaded late last night. It's just hard to type with only the one finger on my left hand :-D :P

To sum it up - GREAT TRIP, GREAT CREW and HUGE SHARKS - more pics, video and report to follow... :D

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#5 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:52 PM

:-D Excellent Pics! :P More please. :D

#6 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:54 PM

To sum it up - GREAT TRIP, GREAT CREW and HUGE SHARKS - more pics, video and report to follow... :P

Cool. What size range of whites did you see?
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#7 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:25 PM

To sum it up - GREAT TRIP, GREAT CREW and HUGE SHARKS - more pics, video and report to follow... :-D

Cool. What size range of whites did you see?

Well a small great white is a relative term, I think the smallest was 12' and she was on PMS or something and liked to bitch slap the cage with her tail. :P
I finished down sizing last night and I'll load my gallery and start posting tonight.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#8 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:09 PM

Speaking of small stuff, it's a good thing the GW's showed up because there isn't a lot of other marine life to look at.

Posted Image
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

Signed and Dated

#9 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:15 PM

We got a lot of cage time waiting

Posted Image

Signed and Dated

#10 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:19 PM

Sometimes we waited in the hot tub

Posted Image

Signed and Dated

#11 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:30 PM

Sometimes we waited in the hot tub

At least the water wasn't sloshing out that day :tears:

I posted a few more pics in the gallery (Great White Gallery) but it's not letting me upload anymore right now...

Here's a pic of Guadalupe Island:
IMG_2179.JPG
and Rosa waiting to go in the cage:
IMG_1941.JPG

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:30 PM

Thanks Cajun Diver and Latitude Adjustment....your pics are great! I hope to get mine up as well! (Several really cool guys lent me their cameras and I took some shots too!)

This trip was AMAZING! I have almost completed a trip report that I'll post shortly both here and on the front page. Not having email access from the boat makes it hard to keep you all aprised!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#13 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:54 PM

Here's a compilation of some of the best videos:

Great White Video

It's not the best and the sound is of my breathing, camera clicks and banging the housing against the bars! I was getting better with the underwater housing as the days went by though so some even stayed more or less centered in the video :tears:

#14 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:23 AM

Hey Cajun, nice video but why are you breathing so fast? :P

Posted Image

Signed and Dated

#15 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:21 AM

Thanks for posting the pictures, very cool to see 'toothy'!!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users