• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

So did anyone survive the Great White Trip???

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:49 PM

Hey did anyone see this shot from Cajun Diver?

Posted Image

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#47 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:20 AM

Wenchie is just seeing if her Cochran is bite proof... Posted Image

The wench wasn't always "in" the cage, sometimes more out than others!
Posted Image

Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#48 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:09 AM

Hmm, with her tail screwed up like that, I wonder how much top speed/power she lost? I would have to think it might have forced her to change her hunting strategy no?
Drew Z.

"Winter is not a season, it's an occupation." -Sinclair Lewis

Meet Pearl and Opal, the new shark rays in Adventure Aquarium.

#49 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:17 AM

Hmm, with her tail screwed up like that, I wonder how much top speed/power she lost? I would have to think it might have forced her to change her hunting strategy no?

I assume you are talking about Broken Tail and not the Wench?!

They do reason, some have learned that if they come under the boat and up behind the cages they can grab the Tuna before the crew sees them and pulls it in! :cool1:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#50 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:02 PM

It will be interesting to see if more people sign up for this trip after Kamala's interview on scuba radio. I caught her segment by streaming it online. Ended kind of abruptly. Kamala, did you scare the guys or something??

#51 WRW

WRW

Getting started

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water with NITROX
  • Logged Dives:121

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:49 PM

Diving with the Great White Sharks was an amazing experience; I loved being an arms length to the GWS and not feeling afraid one bit. All of the crew was very hospitable and everything was done in a safe manner. Sorry for posting so late I just got back from Denver, Colorado attending the World Series, even as short as the series was the people and atmosphere in Denver was great. Now it’s off to Fort Worth to attend this weekends NASCAR races at Texas Motor Speedway – GO Clint Bowyer !!!

Sincerely,

William Roy Williams (WRW)
\m/ "Ain't no, ain't no yesterdays, forget tomorrow, forget it all, We've got today" \m/ - Zakk Wylde

#52 giantstride

giantstride

Getting started

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Cert Level:OW Instructor
  • Logged Dives:210

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:02 PM

Very cool. Where did you go to see Great Whites: off of San Diego? I have always wanted to do this.
How were the accomodations on the live aboard?

#53 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:52 PM

Very cool. Where did you go to see Great Whites: off of San Diego? I have always wanted to do this.
How were the accomodations on the live aboard?

Close, we took a bus from San Diego into Mexico and then Nautilus Explorer out to Guadalupe Island.
Beautiful boat, stable ride, good food, good crew, hot hot tub and nice rooms.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#54 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:57 AM

WoW
I just read thru this trip report and it looks like everyone had a great time !
I guess I need to watch for the next trip like this in the upcoming future.
Thanks for all the Info and Pics :wakawaka:

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users