• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

October get together in CA

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 sapphire

sapphire

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 09:24 AM

Hey guys!! An event of THIS magnitude needs it's own thread- plan away!! :D Marvel

:cool2:  :dance:  :P  :dance:  I hope you can make it sapphire. It will be great to finally meet and dive with you.

Thanks ZD... you know, you are always welcome to come out and dive in the kelp with the sea lions :P !!

#2 zendiver

zendiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 15 July 2004 - 09:29 AM

:cool2:  :dance:  :P  :dance:  I hope you can make it sapphire. It will be great to finally meet and dive with you.

Thanks ZD... you know, you are always welcome to come out and dive in the kelp with the sea lions :P !!

Sapphire,

I may be out in CA (Palmdale / Lancaster area) in October for a week visiting my daughter for her 15th B-Day. Will that be too late in the year? :D I would love to hook up with all of the West Coast SD'ers and hang out for a couple of days diving and getting to know all of you.
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:12 AM

Sapphire,

I may be out in CA (Palmdale / Lancaster area) in October for a week visiting my daughter for her 15th B-Day. Will that be too late in the year?  I would love to hook up with all of the West Coast SD'ers and hang out for a couple of days diving and getting to know all of you.

Hey this sounds like the beginnings of another awesome California Happy Hour!!! I'm sure Sapphire and Wrinkles will take VERY good care of you ZD!!! And your little 'flock' as well!! :cool2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#4 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 15 July 2004 - 11:36 AM

:evilgrin:  :D  :welcome:  :)  I hope you can make it sapphire. It will be great to finally meet and dive with you.

Thanks ZD... you know, you are always welcome to come out and dive in the kelp with the sea lions :D !!

Sapphire,

I may be out in CA (Palmdale / Lancaster area) in October for a week visiting my daughter for her 15th B-Day. Will that be too late in the year? :hiya: I would love to hook up with all of the West Coast SD'ers and hang out for a couple of days diving and getting to know all of you.

Diving here in October is still great. Lancaster/Palmdale is a hike-and-a-half from the beach, though. Please let us know dates as soon as you know them because USC has three home games in October this year (9th, 16th, 23rd) and I need to plan ahead to be able to dive with you!!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#5 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 11:41 AM

Diving here in October is still great. Lancaster/Palmdale is a hike-and-a-half from the beach, though. Please let us know dates as soon as you know them because USC has three home games in October this year (9th, 16th, 23rd) and I need to plan ahead to be able to dive with you!!

Jamie, I will be flying into LAX and would be there for a couple of days and then drive on up to the Antelope Valley area to spend the next 4 days with her and then back to visit some friends in Culver City. All of this will be the last week of October. Her birthday is on Halloween. :evilgrin:
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#6 sapphire

sapphire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 11:48 AM

Diving here in October is still great.  Lancaster/Palmdale is a hike-and-a-half from the beach, though.  Please let us know dates as soon as you know them because USC has three home games in October this year (9th, 16th, 23rd) and I need to plan ahead to be able to dive with you!!

Jamie, I will be flying into LAX and would be there for a couple of days and then drive on up to the Antelope Valley area to spend the next 4 days with her and then back to visit some friends in Culver City. All of this will be the last week of October. Her birthday is on Halloween. :evilgrin:

Jamie is right, ZD, October can be awesome! The viz generally improves, especially if the Santa Ana winds are kicking up...

We can surely set something up, it would be a great reason for another dive extravaganza!! So would you be coming out the weekend of the 23rd? Give us your dates and we will start cooking something up!!

jennifer

#7 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:01 PM

Give us your dates and we will start cooking something up!!

Look out, ZD, Jennifer can cook! She's a wonderful hostess! I've rarely had as much fun as when she planned events for me in California.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#8 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:07 PM

Awesome...More than likely, as been in the past, I generally fly up the Friday night and fly back Monday morning week. So that would be the 22nd to the 1st. Don't quote me on this just yet as I have to make sure with her if those dates are ok.

This would be awesome. That would be Central SD'ers at Athens, Eastern Side in Florida, and Western Side in CA....Now I just have to make it up North to see all of the SD'ers up in that part of the country. I would love to be able to do this this year.

#9 sapphire

sapphire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:03 PM

Awesome...More than likely, as been in the past, I generally fly up the Friday night and fly back Monday morning week. So that would be the 22nd to the 1st. Don't quote me on this just yet as I have to make sure with her if those dates are ok.

This would be awesome. That would be Central SD'ers at Athens, Eastern Side in Florida, and Western Side in CA....Now I just have to make it up North to see all of the SD'ers up in that part of the country. I would love to be able to do this this year.

We will work on it right away... ZD, can you split out these posts into another thread so we stop hijacking the nice Florida people :welcome: ??

jennifer

#10 sapphire

sapphire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:05 PM

Give us your dates and we will start cooking something up!!

Look out, ZD, Jennifer can cook!

LOL Walter, I don't cook! I make reservations :welcome: ...

#11 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:16 PM

It was figurative, Darlin', just like your statement to which it referred.

DSSW,

WWW™

#12 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:35 PM

Sneaky, sneaky me- got you out of Florida, didn't I??? :teeth:

Have fun plotting!!
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 July 2004 - 01:42 PM

Now I just have to make it up North to see all of the SD'ers up in that part of the country. I would love to be able to do this this year.

OK...Here you go....

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#14 sea nmf

sea nmf

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Cert Level: Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 500 - I stopped counting

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:39 PM

Hey! What about the Islands?

There are now a number of us here on Oahu and we dive together. We are quietly planning a Happy Hour here. (But we would rather spend our time underwater).

Have fun.

Edited by sea nmf, 15 July 2004 - 03:40 PM.

#15 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:58 PM

Hawaii is a place we'd love to have happy hours, group dives etc. We currently have 6 members in Hawaii. Let's keep growing there as well.

DSSW,

WWW™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users