• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DVD for the Grenada Singles Trip June 07

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:28 PM

Hi everyone, 13 weeks into recovery from my hip replacement. I have been having problems with it since I broke the head off the femur 15 years ago. And it has been getting worse for the past few years. In Grenada, the first week we went on a tour bus for several hours and when we returned to the resort, I could not walk on it. It took a coupe of days to get it to settle down to a manageable level of pain, then came the NC trip and the hand writing was on the wall, I had to get it done. So it has been a long haul and still some to go, Thanks to all of you who have written and expressed your concerns. I thought I would have a lot of time to do some editing, but I did not realize that sitting in front of a computer on a new hip is not a comfortable thing to do.
Anyway, I had a friend over a week or so ago to help me add some memory to make it run faster, and we shorted out the board, had to order a new board and processor. Finally got that installed and somewhere along the way, some driver got dorked up and now I have to totally reload the system. And I cam to the stark reality that I would only be band-aiding it and it may not work anyway. So I am going to completly redo the system with all new faster and better hardware. But it will be a while before all this is accomplished, In the meantime, I had promised you all a great video in a timely manner and because of my operation and computer problems I do not know when I can get it done. To all of you who have paid me in advance, I will gladly refund your money or you can wait until I get it done-and right now I do not know when that will be. My sincere apology for this, but out of my control or it would have been done.
Thanks, again,
Larry
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#2 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:00 PM

Hate to hear your computer issues - but glad you are getting back in the swing of things!
Known puker

#3 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:39 PM

Larry,

get well first!! The DVD can wait until you are better :D and your computer is better too :cool1:

#4 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:11 PM

Hi Larry,

Glad to hear you are healing. Too bad about the computer though. :teeth: Keep taking care of yourself so you can get back in the water soon! You still have to come up here and dive the "O" with me. (That sounded so naughty!). :cool1:

Debbie
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#5 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:11 PM

So much for the widely-held Board rumor that you were chasing your nurses until they caught you!

Get better soon, Larry!

#6 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:22 AM

Just let us know when the DVD is done. I didn't pay in advance, but I will buy one when they are ready.

Until then, I'll just have to keep Charlenne to myself. She was asking about you and when you were going to be better, but I guess I don't want you to get to worked up! :teeth:
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#7 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:28 AM

Larry, your first responsibility is to recover and get better. All the other things in life (Including DVD's) can wait for the moment.

Let me know if you need a hand finding parts. In my work for the university I have a lot of contacts for PC parts and supplies. Plus, I have built all my home systems and servers myself and know the ins and outs.

Cheers man... :teeth:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#8 nurseshark

nurseshark

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:02 PM

Hey Larry

I was wondering how you were and how that recovery process was going.

I so am glad to see you are alive and well!

Keep it up..lots of trips coming up!

Hope to see you on one at least!

Karen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users