• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

5/08 NW Dive Show - SingleDivers.com will be there

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#31 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:27 PM

I have had a HUGE change of plans.

I will be in Houston ~ Sorry guys looks like you are on your own for this event.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#32 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:01 AM

I will be in Houston ~ Sorry guys looks like you are on your own for this event.

2 or 3 years ago I wouldn't have been whining about having WW to myself, but that's changed...
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#33 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:02 AM

Less than a month out now, is it just going to be me and WW at the booth?

I will be there but not sure of exact date yet, what day(s) are we diving? Send me more info please.

Keith

I'm not going on the dive, so I don't know much about it.

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#34 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:40 AM

OK I will be on the west coast the next 2 weeks so I will definately be at the show. Still need volunteers? Let me know what and when you need some one.

Keith
If at first you don't suceed.....don't try sky diving.
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#35 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:13 AM

OK I will be on the west coast the next 2 weeks so I will definately be at the show. Still need volunteers? Let me know what and when you need some one.

Keith

AWESOME!!! Yes we still need volunteers! Greg aka Brinybay and I are it so far....although a little birdie told me anohter TEXAN might come and help us!

Keith we'd love your help! Usually we do a day of diving but with such a low turnout this year I did not commit us to one. But we'll get the lay of the land and get it planned for next year.

And for those that do not know...the diving here is INCREDIBlE...yes its cold but it is amazing! Its like being in an aquarium! :thankyou:

So here is what we need if you can still help :pray:

1. The show runs 3 days...Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
2. The other TEXAN and myself are arriving about 9am on Friday to Seatac and will either rent a car or hopefully work out travel arrangements to get to the SEA-TAC Convention Center for the show to help with set-up for the event.
3. SingleDivers.com will need to give some volunteer hours to the show on Friday which I and our surprise Texan will do to help our volunteer committment we have to give as a diveclub.
4. We may need more volunteer help for Friday but DEFINITELY for Saturday and Sunday both for the show and for our booth.
5. You do not have to have any special qualfications just willing to be there, help out, tell others about SingleDivers.com if you are working the booth or help the show in any area they need help in. Both are easy and fun! Although we call it 'work' its basically socializing!

And you'll get to meet LOTS of new members for the area as well as some of our existing members. Granted our very own Dive_girl, cmt489 and tolly will not be there and from the sounds of things Ms. Gisgal will be in Texas of all places...we are sure to see MANY of our other members who find out at the last minute they can attend the show afterall! :cool1:

And we are doing an email blast to past participants so we hope to have LOTS of great participation! :D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#36 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:25 AM

2 or 3 years ago I wouldn't have been whining about having WW to myself, but that's changed...

Aw :thankyou: Greg! You made my day! :cool1:

And I've got you on the main list! :D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#37 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:03 AM

Saturday and Sundy are probably best for me but Can probably gt in a few hours on Friday if needed. Look forward to meeting some of you.

Keith
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#38 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:12 AM

Saturday and Sundy are probably best for me but Can probably gt in a few hours on Friday if needed. Look forward to meeting some of you.

Keith

:wakawaka: That is AWESOME and certainly when we need the most help!! Do you care if we have you help both the booth as well as the show?

formerly...

#39 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:22 AM

I am yours, I follow and obey. I am quite skilled at taking orders. My ex made sure of it.

Keith

#40 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:39 AM

I am yours, I follow and obey. I am quite skilled at taking orders. My ex made sure of it.

Keith

Oh Keith...you wise sage...you speak of eternal wisdom...

Guess the ex was good for something! :respect:

And :wakawaka:

With only a few core members so far...we'll need all the help we can get! But the fun part is...EVERYONE will want to join in when they see how much fun we are!

And for ANYONE that can help on Friday there is a vendor party and I will make sure everyone gets in... :cool1: if not helping with it!! :birthday:

Naw...I think they have people for that but I've been known to help out wherever needed! :birthday:

formerly...

#41 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:19 PM

So a party lots of work and meet afew new friends but no diving? Wellllllll OK, maybe some local will take pity on a dry diver and take me out. I understand there is an underwater dive park in the general area but not sure exactly where, but it is shore divable so maybe we can squeeze that in. Any way I will be there with a smile and a strong back.

Keith

Edited by KeithT4U, 12 April 2008 - 03:20 PM.

#42 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:32 PM

Well the ticket is on hold till the end of the day, and i will purchase it before the hold disappears so i will be there as i need a mini vacation away from dallas even though its a working vacation with the wench :wakawaka:. The only thing i have to do is make the schedule changes at work to get a friday off. Im not going to be diving so that will leave more time to be at the show and explore.

Then i wonder who the mystery texan is :respect:?

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#43 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:59 AM

G and I will be waving to you from Hong Kong. Have fun everyone!

#44 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:50 PM

Usually we do a day of diving but with such a low turnout this year I did not commit us to one. But we'll get the lay of the land and get it planned for next year.

So a party lots of work and meet afew new friends but no diving? Wellllllll OK, maybe some local will take pity on a dry diver and take me out. I understand there is an underwater dive park in the general area but not sure exactly where, but it is shore divable so maybe we can squeeze that in. Any way I will be there with a smile and a strong back.
Keith

My Dearest Non-NW divers:

There is no need to blow off diving just because there are not enough to charter a boat. We have some of the finest cold-water shore diving in the country. Some of the best sites in the state are within 30-45 drive of the greater Seattle-Tacoma area.

The tidal exchange on those two days (May 3rd-4th) is not condusive to some of the more current-sensitive sites such as Day Island and Titlow, but that still leaves 3-Tree Point, Salt Water State Park, and maybe a couple others in the south Puget Sound area. If you want to travel a little farther north, (another 20-30 minute drive) the possibilities are the Edmonds Oil Dock, Mukilteo, Edmonds Underwater Park (aka Brackett's Landing), and Alki (5 sites just at Alki alone). All of these are not very current sensitive, except maybe the Oil Dock, but it's still doable (and my favorite of all of them). All these for the price of an air fill and the gas to get there.

I and probably some other NW divers here would be more than happy to be your guide.

Report on recent conditions: Water temp 47-48F, visibility 15-20ft, some reports of 25-30ft of vis. The vis varies and is fickle from one day to the next, one site to the next, but the average is 15-20ft. Water temp may warm up a bit, it's nearly always been 54-55F. 47-48F is unusually chilly even by our standards.

Edited by Brinybay, 19 April 2008 - 02:15 PM.

#45 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:30 PM

Keith

Yes Greg is absolutely right...and since you have time...we may still yet get a local to go diving with you! Hopefully one that can take off a work day.... :blink: As I now have dibs on you for the long weekend! :teeth:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users