• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2008 Volunteer Needs for SingleDivers.com

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Sassi

Sassi

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:57 PM

I can help with 1 and 3.

I'd say I could do graphics, but I don't think stick figures would work for the site :welcome:

#17 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 19 December 2007 - 08:05 PM

I can also help with 1 & 3. In fact I think we already have 2 new members because of my mouth, ah,, I mean word of mouth! :welcome:

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:22 AM

Put me down for happy hour helper for southeast Florida.

RE: Job 7 "Web helpers ..."
I don't even know how to spell PHP. However, I do work in ASP 2.0 and streaming video.

Awesome! The trick is to decide as far out in advance as you can to do these...usually a month or longer. Pick a Saturday so that if people live out of town they can drive to participate AND we can get it published in some great diving resources so we can spread the word about SingleDivers.com!

PM sent to chat with you more! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#19 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:53 AM

I can do the "Happy Hour Planning" for the NJ area. (but only until about June this year.) :cheerleader:
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#20 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:09 AM

WW

As for #7 Im still looking from the last request as i have been communicating with the local community college as there are some very good talents in there web design program. Im just waiting on hearing back from the dean of the department as there on break right now, should hear back something

you know me i will help out where i can, so i dont mind being a #4 (and those from the oct 06 DOM probably would like a repeat in the future) as the number of DOMS in texas is averaging 1/year

6&7 run together a little bit and just let me know what your looking for specifically and i can help behind the scenes as im not a face figure, but more a behind the scenes type. I would nominate members like Scubapunk, Scubagoddess, Pochantas, OTWDiver, and depending on the day even moose. :cheerleader:

#9 in a couple of weeks i will have the ability to teach the Padi Digital UW Photo Specialty, for those that are interested and then I have been building in my spare time a couple of classes for advanced photoshop techniques that will have a focus to them ie UW photos. it will be a level program(extention of the padi program think of it as level III and beyond) because theres a huge learning curve on photoshop and certain skills build on some of the basics. topics that will be covered such as RAW capture and editting, Image Management, Color management (from capture through the final print), color correction, and many more of the dark arts of Photoshop.....If your nice i might even teach you how to do head swaps that look real and not faked:evilgrin:

well speaking of 11 we still need to talk about that as i still have logo G2 sitting in a Work in Progress(WIP) as well as a couple other graphics ideas as im always looking at ways to make buddy look better.

There are some other items that tie in the the ones above that we need to go over at some point, but let me know.

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#21 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:13 PM

Well I am supposed to be a happy hour helper guy, but with everything going on this month in my life I have completely punted those duties to others :dance: Good thing there are so many cool sd people in my area :lmao:

I would say since I am online almost all day at work I could help out as a moderator, but I think most of the tos close calls are mine :dance: So maybe I better not :birthday:

Anyway, if you need those types let me know, most of the computer stuff I can't do but some simple behind teh scenes stuff I can manage, and I promise to be more active promoting HH in the future... :pray:

Oh, and while I wouldn't want to be slaved to it, I can write ok when I put my mind to it, sit down and concentrate, so I can write a few articles for the newsletter when it gets up and running! Kind of a freelance writer, I know nothing of publishing and don't know enough about scuba for a regular column but an article and some photos here and there I can do.

Edited by ScubaDrew, 20 December 2007 - 08:16 PM.

Drew Z.

"Winter is not a season, it's an occupation." -Sinclair Lewis

Meet Pearl and Opal, the new shark rays in Adventure Aquarium.

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:50 AM

WOW!! The response has been awesome! Please keep letting us know if you can help and how! I will keep trying to contact everyone and get things set up!

Its end of the year and I still have some trips to post, end of year closing activities for the accountants and a number of housekeeping matters to attend too!

So bear with me as I intermingle the fun stuff like responding to people who want to help us but restrain just a bit to get the work I have to do done as well. (Not to mention a few things for my day job that I've been slack on!) :huh:

:cheerleader: all again for being such an awesome group of people and for offering your talents and time! We are such a lucky community to have such :fish: members! :cool2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:00 PM

SIMPLY INCREDIBLE! The response has been amazing! I will definitely be following up with everyone that has volunteered or volunteers between now and the 5th of January when I get back from our next great trip.

Thank you for your patience and we look forward to a very exciting new year with YOU in it! -ww

formerly...

#24 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:05 PM

New Volunteer Capacity:

First we had the angels....

Angels - Representatives of the very spirit and essence of SingleDivers.com. People who are eager to meet other fun, scuba loving divers, willing to greet others looking for the same, able to reach out and wish Happy Birthdays or just make SingleDivers.com more fun to hang out! Its a great way for new members to get started with the site and we'll usually ask you to join us when we see your enthusiasm bursting through!

And now we have "Charlies" too!

Charlies - The 'guys' who take care of the angels of course! Actually a bit more than that, they share the same ideals and attributes that the 'angels' do only they are guys!

formerly...

#25 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:19 PM

I'm still willing to assist with #11 (and others if you wish) - Maybe we can talk in the Bahamas while your captive on a boat for a week! :cheerleader:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:44 AM

I can also help with 1 & 3. In fact I think we already have 2 new members because of my mouth, ah,, I mean word of mouth! :cheerleader:

Love your mouth...er I mean "Word of Mouth"!!!

And I'm thrilled you are working on a DOM for your area! I'll be getting a special forum in place so the DOM coordinators and Happy Hour coordinators can share ideas and I can help answer questions that you all have or will have.

Will try to get that going today if I can! If not it will certainly be as soon as I get back from the Bahamas trip!

formerly...

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:46 AM

I can help with 1 and 3.

I'd say I could do graphics, but I don't think stick figures would work for the site :cool1:

Stick people are fun! And they are better than what I can draw! :cheerleader:

Great! We are getting a forum together so we can ask questions as a group! We'll be contacting you soon! -ww

formerly...

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:47 AM

I'm still willing to assist with #11 (and others if you wish) - Maybe we can talk in the Bahamas while your captive on a boat for a week! :cool1:

YES YES YES YES!!! I so can't wait to talk to you more! :cheerleader:

Anyone else want to help? I think Drew mentioned something about contributing some artlcles...and that would be great too!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users