• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Can we help? You bet we can.

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 zendiver

zendiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:08 PM

As you all know, Eileen's (TriggerFish) nephew, Kenny and his family, are going through some very serious, stressful, and draining (both financially and emotionally) times right now with Kenny going in for surgery after surgery. I have found out that Kenny's mother is a 'Stay-at-Home' Mommy and his Daddy doesn't make a whole lot of money. Their doctor and hospital bills are really racking up to an excess of over $200,000 dollars as of the present time. I have prayed everyday for them and have prayed that GOD would show me a way to help them in any way I possibly could. I have talked it over with Kamala and Walter and we have decided to put this information on the board that would allow members to donate to the cause if they so desire? There is a website that will take their contributions so SD.com has nothing to do with the financial aspect of it, only the opportunity and willingness to help. I am fortunate to be able to help financially and hopefully give a little kid the chance to grow up and live a normal life; and I think it would be great for our members to help out if they wanted to.

Below, you will find out a lot of information about Kenny and his family. I pray that each and everyone of you will find it in your heart to add this family to your prayers and if you are fortunate enough, please donate what you can.

Kenny Daly (triggerfish's nephew)
Posted Image Posted Image
Background
Kenny is the 2 1/2 year old son of Dan and Mary Daly, and brother of Tommy, Isabella, Hannah and little sister Abigail. On June 17, 2004 Kenny was diagnosed with a brain tumor after complaining of headaches and vomiting. The neurologist who first diagnosed the tumor immediately contacted the Neurosurgical team at the University of Chicago Children's Hospital. The Surgeons and Doctors at this hospital are the best in the world for children's tumor and cancer treatment. This isn't an exaggeration. There's a reason why people with sick kids from all over the world flock to the south side of Chicago for medical care.

The first surgery to remove the tumor was on June 22nd. It lasted a total of 14 hours (11 1/2 hrs of actual surgery). At that time the surgeons removed a piece of the tumor to send to pathology to find out the type of tumor. Kenny was a champ throughout the whole thing. They were able to remove about half of the tumor before the adema (swelling) was to much for Kenny. He recovered quite well. Then on the Friday after the surgery the pathology report finally came back. On a scale of 1 to 5 (1=benign/ 5=worst kind of malignant) the tumor is a 5. The tumor is called a choroid plexus carcinoma. It is a very rare kind of tumor. The doctors plan on treating the situation aggressively. First with surgery (next is set for the 21st of July) then with chemotherapy, possible bone marrow transplant and radiation.

To all of our family and friends and new friends,
We would first of all like to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers and support for our Kenny. We truly believe it has made a difference and ask you to continue. We will try to update everyone through this page daily with Kenny's progress.

Mary and Dan

------------------------------------
Dan's employer has graciously set up a fund to help with the medical costs not covered by insurance.

Fund Information:
The Kenneth Daniel Daly Fund
c/o Financial Title Services,
15W060 N. Frontage Road,
Burr Ridge, Illinois 60527
--------------------------------------

Friends of Dan and Mary have scheduled a fundraiser for Kenny on August 15th from 1:00-4:00 at Barone's in Lisle. Tickets are $50 and include an Italian buffet. There will be a raffle and donations of goods and services are welcome. Please email kdqb02@yahoo.com for more info.

news updates

20-Jul-04 03:01 PM - Kenny"s Mamma : I sit here in our room,looking at my baby talking, eating,feeling warm,and able to say "Mommy" in the sweetest tone. He lays here today with markers all over his head that map out the surgury. I can no longer hold back my fears. I ask all of you to give Kenny a moment tomorrow and pray for him. Whatever we may all be doing is working for our son. Thank you so much, Kenny's Mamma

Here is the link to the website so you can say a prayer, sign Kenny's Guestbook, and make your donation: Kenny Daly Progress Website

Last Name or Patient ID : DALY
Password: during-chicken (Don't ask :wub:)

Everyone, please visit the site, add a prayer, and let little Kenny know that he has a WHOLE TEAM of people rooting for his speedy recovery.

-Zendiver
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:28 PM

Thank you ZD...just added my prayers and contribution! And TF...you are in our prayers as well. Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 scoobiediver

scoobiediver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, working on more.
  • Logged Dives:30

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:35 PM

Zen, you will be blessed by your actions in stepping up to the plate for TF and her family.

TF: rest assured that my prayers and thoughts are with you. I will do all I can financially for your family.

Note: to everyone: Im not sure of your spiritual beliefs, but, I do know that what is given from your heart can and will come back to you in abundance. I call it reaping what you sew, some call it carma. Either way, we have a sister in Christ and in scuba that needs our help.

God Bless you and your family and I pray Gods favor on ya'll TF.

Cevin

#4 scoobiediver

scoobiediver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, working on more.
  • Logged Dives:30

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:59 PM

Is there a way to donate via online? Anyone, anyone???

#5 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 20 July 2004 - 04:01 PM

Is there a way to donate via online? Anyone, anyone???

Cevin, I will check with trigger and see if that is a possibility.
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#6 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 20 July 2004 - 04:13 PM

Sistuh, you know where my heart and prayers are.... ZD, thanks for posting this for us all!
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#7 sapphire

sapphire

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 05:22 PM

Thank you ZD, for bringing the information to us.

Eileen, my thoughts and prayers are with you, Kenny and your family. I wish I could attend the fundraiser in person to meet you all, but I will send a contribution instead :teeth:

Here's to Kenny's speedy recovery and return to his family and home!

jennifer

#8 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 20 July 2004 - 08:30 PM

TF, I believe I can speak for all of us here by saying, that what affects you, affects us all, I believe us to be ONE BIG FAMILY. My prayers and any assistance are with Kenny, you and the family anytime and anyway I can!

God bless

Dennis

Which end is up?

#9 rhondajc18

rhondajc18

• PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:128

Posted 20 July 2004 - 08:41 PM

ZD, thanks for putting this out there.

TF, my thoughts and prayers are with you, Kenny and your family.

Rhonda
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

#10 DivingGal

DivingGal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster.... love looking at critters, but enjoy wrecks when I can't
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:34 AM

May the one who you believe in most, be there for your health and guidance. My prayers go out to you and your family TF.

June
Sometimes, you just gotta be

#11 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:11 AM

hey everybody....
thanks to all of you wonderful, wonderful people.
he's having surgery today and it's gonna be a VERY long day.
i appreciate your support more than i can ever express....
god bless you all..... :o

Attached Images

• kenchal2sm.jpg

#12 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:33 AM

Darlin',

I'll be praying for you and your family, especially Kenny, today.

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#13 happy2dive

happy2dive

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:37 AM

ZenDiver, thank you for letting us all know.

Eileen, my thoughts are with you and Kenny.

#14 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:open water, Nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:100 plus

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:43 AM

zd, The check should be written out to THE KENNETH DANIEL DALY FUND, ?BOB
I've got 99 problems and diving ain't one of them.

#15 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:47 AM

Hey TF words can say how I feel about this but my thoughts are with you and Kenny and his family.

Thnx ZD for letting us all know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users