• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Need a New Job--Fast!!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:22 PM

30-year-experienced seasoned business manager in retail, jewelry, appraisals and watchmaking is seeking immediate work in the DFW area. Had accepted written offer from another firm who subsequently reneged on the offer after leaving prior employer.

Good worker, excellent people skills and monotreme-friendly to boot!

Can operate in nearly any type of retail environment.

Please PM if you know of or have any opportunities to share.

PPMM

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:24 PM

I'm sure someone with your talents and skills will find a job fairly quickly! At least you'll be in my prayers that you do!

Good Luck John! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 Hipshot

Hipshot

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:37 PM

John,

I just changed jobs and had tremendous success with CareerBuilder.com. Best of luck.

Rick

:)

#4 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:51 PM

John,

I just changed jobs and had tremendous success with CareerBuilder.com. Best of luck.

Rick

:)

Ooof! Careerbuilder is where I found the jokers that reneged on their offer.

Gad, but this is irritating to be looking right now...

PPM

#5 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:52 PM

Best of luck to you!!! I know it is a frustrating process :twist: but I am sure you will find something much better very soon! :welcome: Here are some positive thoughts and good wishes coming your way!
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#6 scubagalpal

scubagalpal

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:2500 +

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:10 PM

Wish I had a job to offer you. Just remember, when 1 door closes, another one will open. (Till then, it's hell in the hallway!) Can you tell I've been there?

Something better will come along. Have faith, it will work out! :welcome:

Pat

#7 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:11 AM

I'm not a litiginous person, but if you had a written agreement with them I hope you have engaged an attorney and plan to sue them.

#8 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:09 AM

I'm not a litiginous person, but if you had a written agreement with them I hope you have engaged an attorney and plan to sue them.

From a similar case in Canada the company was told to pay the erstwhile employee only 2 weeks salary when they backed out of their offer. You may get more in the states, but I would try mediation before litigation.

However, I don't want to hijack the thread so to address the original problem here are a few sites you can use to look for work.

Monter.com

JobOpenings Texas

Top USA Jobs Texas

Yahoo Hot Jobs

Google search of all Jewelry management jobs in Texas

Let me know if I can help in any way.
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#9 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:41 AM

Platy,

I am right there with you-quit my job of 11 years in November, thought I found a new opportunity for something totally different-not so much. Now pounding Monster.com as well as flirting with the idea of hiring a recruiting company. Best of Luck my friend!!!!!

DBD
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#10 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:34 AM

John,

Any leads so far? Would you like me to keep searching the net for opportunities? Are you willing to relocate? If so I can widen my scope.

Cheers
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#11 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:55 PM

John,

Any leads so far?

A couple. One is as far out as April, though.

Would you like me to keep searching the net for opportunities?

Thank you, but no...I don't want to tie up your resources that can be used elsewhere.

Are you willing to relocate? If so I can widen my scope.

I'm unable to easily relocate. I am the primary caregiver to my mother and her husband, so living too far away really isn't an option for me these days.

I really appreciate everyone's well-wishes. Thank you all very much.

PPM

#12 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:10 PM

For those who have expressed their support, both here and via PM, thank you. I had no idea so many cared one way or another.

I have been doing and continue the interview process; today I was informed that I will be called back for a second interview by one firm, and another firm is reportedly anxious to speak with me this week about a potential position. Keep fingers, eyes and toes crossed.

On a positive note--now that my weekends have been free, I was able to help an Open Water class from start to finish these past two weeks and five new divers are the result. WOOT!

#13 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:29 AM

For those who have expressed their support, both here and via PM, thank you. I had no idea so many cared one way or another.

I have been doing and continue the interview process; today I was informed that I will be called back for a second interview by one firm, and another firm is reportedly anxious to speak with me this week about a potential position. Keep fingers, eyes and toes crossed.

On a positive note--now that my weekends have been free, I was able to help an Open Water class from start to finish these past two weeks and five new divers are the result. WOOT!

Good luck!! Keeping fingers (and toes) crossed!! Will work on the eyes!!

#14 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:59 AM

30-year-experienced seasoned business manager in retail, jewelry, appraisals and watchmaking is seeking immediate work in the DFW area. Had accepted written offer from another firm who subsequently reneged on the offer after leaving prior employer.

It appears that I finally found out just why the company reneged on their offer to me.

Their vendors petitioned this past month to force them into Chapter 7 bankruptcy; the company was successful in getting that changed to a Chapter 11 filing.Vultures are undoubtably circling as I write this.

Always suspected that the reason they gave me for reneging was BS; now I'm certain of it.

It's a strange kind of luck dodging that particular bullet, as I'm still looking for work--but so it goes.

Next week I interview with the COO of a target firm; wish me luck!

Thanks again for all of you who have sent encouragement. I do appreciate your well-wishes and leads.

PPM

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:25 PM

Great news John! I'm keeping you in my prayers! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users