• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Shark Attack, Myth or Reality?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 peterbj7

peterbj7

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:over 4000

Posted 08 May 2005 - 03:37 AM

Still see an occasional horse collar in the park, and less frequently a diver with just a hard back pack! I keep wondering if they are "purists" or just haven't dived in decades.

If you go to France you'll still see people diving there with just a hard backpack. I've even had French people (CMAS) visiting Belize who had never dived with a BCD.

#62 Wildcard

Wildcard

Meeting folks

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:What's a log?

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:21 PM

Let me start this by saying I LOVE SHARKS! What cool awsome critters. When I comm fished, I thought nothing of cutting my gear up to release big sleeper sharks unharmed. Shocked some of my deck hands that I would do that.......Now my Tiger story! Two years agon in Maui, three days after the little surfer girl, Bethany, got bit. I had set my lobster nets the same day she got bit along with my dive buddy a 30 year navy dive officer. Went back the next AM and found mine but not his. Used up our air and went home. Came back the next day and still couldn't find it. Day three, knowing there would be dead fish in the net and tigers prowl the area, I agree to be towed/trolled behind the boat while looking for the net from the surface becouse he KNEW where he had set it. Afer an hour I had to take a break. Im hanging on the side of the inflatable resting. Im telling Andy that I fell like bait out here. Like in Water World when they need food and he ties himself off to a rope and gets trolled. I get laughed at. Go trolling for about 20 minutes more I I call an end to it. Time to dive and look again. We gear up and hit the water. Been in the water like five minutes and I look up and see the sky turn dark as a HUGE 15 foot Tiger swims over me at about 15 feet away!!!!! I grab my buddy and sign out that we are about to be eatten. He askes how big? I hold up one finger and five fingers. He takes this to mean 6 not 15. We head for the boat. I look up and had just been passed again! Again, we hit the bottom, look around and move on. Made it a little ways and I get SLAMED from behind! It's Andy and he has my tank valve and is trying to push me down. His eyes filled his mask! Now he is excited too! We find the anchor, hook up weights to it, BCs to it, look around and scream to the surface and hit the boat like the couple of scared seals we were. First thing out of his mouth was ' THATS THE BIGGEST F#$%^G FISH I HAVE EVER SEEN! It had made a head on charge at Andy and turned off at five feet when he turned his head and saw it. His mask must have looked like a big eye and the tiger turned......
Couldn't wait to dive the MOC shark tank after that so I could get pics of a tiger with me. Sadly when I did get to do that dive there was no tiger in the tank but it was still the most awsome dive I have ever done..Me and 33 sharks in a tank, too cool!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users