• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Is anyone else creeped out by all the tracking the new site does?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 22 March 2008 - 02:00 PM

I really don't want to know who looked at my profile or see records displayed of everyones' online activity, including my own. What is the purpose of these features? I can't think of another message board that is set up like this other than searching for "last posts" "threads started by" and "photos posted."

Edited by WreckWench, 22 March 2008 - 07:03 PM.
Title changed to reflect the new software's tracking and not SD.com.

#2 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:24 PM

I really don't want to know who looked at my profile or see records displayed of everyones' online activity, including my own. What is the purpose of these features? I can't think of another message board that is set up like this other than searching for "last posts" "threads started by" and "photos posted."

I don't know what you mean exactly as I can't look at profiles. It is common on some V-boards for a member's profile to show when s/he last logged on and what s/he last viewed - thread or profile. Is there more than that?

Moderators and other staff usually have instant access to the IP of every action made, but that's not public info. It is a privately owned board so I guess staff has a right to see anything that happens, even Private Messaging done on the board if that ability may have been added, but again that's not public. I know that behind my back gossip is inevitable as well as inaccurate, and I have uncovered evidence with me as the subject that was truly amazing in how unfair it can be - but then I'd think that you would enjoy anything that had to do with insulting me. :cool1:

But tell us what you mean. I have been curious about some other problems here and wonder how it may fit?
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#3 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:38 PM

Scuba Stacy looked at your profile on March 20th. The last thread you started was about the EAN online course, 4 people looked at your profile, you have no friends. :cool1:

Edited by Fairybasslet, 22 March 2008 - 03:41 PM.

#4 diverb0b

diverb0b

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Cert Level:INSTRUCTOR TRAINER
  • Logged Dives:7000 +

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:49 PM

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM please look at my profile.....I feel left out :tears: :lmao: :2cool: :fish: :diver: :o :cool1:
It will all be a memory tomorrow
I BE DIVING

#5 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:03 PM

Scuba Stacy looked at your profile on March 20th. The last thread you started was about the EAN online course, 4 people looked at your profile, you have no friends. :cool1:

Damn, no one has looked at my profile in two days? I hate that. That's the best pic I have, and they don't allow cartoon avatars; I may as well put up the backside of my head for one...

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#6 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:13 PM

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM please look at my profile.....I feel left out :lmao: :fish: :tears: :fish: :2cool: :o :cool1:

Not only did I look at your profile, I added a comment. :diver:

#7 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:15 PM

Damn, no one has looked at my profile in two days? I hate that. That's the best pic I have, and they don't allow cartoon avatars; I may as well put up the backside of my head for one...

You can also rate members like your movies at Netflix or Blockbuster..1-5 stars.

#8 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:21 PM

You can also rate members like your movies at Netflix or Blockbuster..1-5 stars.

Haha, you must love lowering mine. Can you do it more than once? Guess I should check on your comments on my profile, or can I do that as a non-supporting member?

#9 diverb0b

diverb0b

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Cert Level:INSTRUCTOR TRAINER
  • Logged Dives:7000 +

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:21 PM

OH shucks :-D I got looked at by fairybasslet.I feel honored and very happy :fish: :cool1: :fish: :tears: :lmao: :2cool: :diver: :o
It will all be a memory tomorrow
I BE DIVING

#10 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:33 PM

Ok, I tweaked my settings so that I have to approve any Fairybasslet's slanderous comments she may try to leave on me. :lmao: I already had email notification of comments so I guess I'm clean there so far.

I see that you can see the last five threads I viewed. Kinda excessive, huh...?

OH shucks :-D I got looked at by fairybasslet.I feel honored and very happy :fish: :cool1: :-D :tears: :fish: :2cool: :diver: :o

You really need a wider range of smilies. Try these: http://www.clicksmilies.com/ Posted Image

#11 ScubaStacy

ScubaStacy

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW Rescue.
  • Logged Dives:190+

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:50 PM

LOL Damn! Guess my days of secretly stalking the male SD members is over for sure now! :cool1:

Fairybasslet, you dimed me, girlfriend... and I would have had your back! :o
I just want to be underwater!

#12 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:11 PM

LOL Damn! Guess my days of secretly stalking the male SD members is over for sure now! :cool1:

Fairybasslet, you dimed me, girlfriend... and I would have had your back! :o

Hey, check my Myspace. Its' linked on my profile. I can't see your profile, btw...

#13 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:20 PM

Well, dang. I just got an email that someone commented, and I needed to go to http://www.singlediv...a...ments&id=27 to approve it, but I'm not allowed to do that either. :o

:cool1: I did get a friend add - thanks sweety!

Edited by DandyDon, 22 March 2008 - 05:23 PM.

#14 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:24 PM

LOL Damn! Guess my days of secretly stalking the male SD members is over for sure now! :o

Fairybasslet, you dimed me, girlfriend... and I would have had your back! :diver:

Hey, check my Myspace. Its' linked on my profile. I can't see your profile, btw...

DandyDon... I send you a comment AND added you as a friend and I'm going to check your profile every day!! And next I'll add diverb0b! I'm going to join ScubaStacy in stalking all these great SD fellas. Yup, that's my dive plan!! Woo-hoo!! :cool1:

#15 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:34 PM

Welcome to 1984.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users