• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Really miss not having a man around..

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:36 PM

Um, I guess a golf cart wouldn't be a good suggestion for use there.

I really miss not having a woman around... and NOT just for the reasons some of you gutter dwellers might think!

#32 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:12 AM

I think her transportation needs exceed the ones you encounter in Avalon on a daily basis Dr. B... :birthday:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#33 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:49 AM

I think her transportation needs exceed the ones you encounter in Avalon on a daily basis Dr. B... :hiya:

:birthday: Off road golf carting on the dunes ..... another idea for a Dubai theme park perhaps :welcome:
Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#34 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:56 AM

...and the winner is.... Dah nah, 3 door Toyota Prado with all whistles, bells and leather seats. After further research, Toyota do the best air conditioning and have best off-road reputation. So I ordered and made the downpayment today - but delivery may take 1 - 3 months :-( It was a right carry on. 12 "in transit" (at sea). but even with downpayment, I can't guarantee one of them is mine.... The joys of an emerging ecomony when demand outstrips supply. So looks like it will be a hire car for a while..!

Thanks for all contributions and advice! I will post a pic when I finally take delivery :welcome:

Congrats on the choice! I can't wait to see a picture - and to hear about your 1st offroad experience!!
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#35 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:44 AM

Cue drum roll .... so here it is, and I defiantely made the right choice - I love it :-D As you can see I was the only idiot out in the sun - it was 48C (115F?) today. I had just been to the Emirates Palace Hotel for a celebratory gold dusted cappuccio :-)

It was a bit of a lottery and education buying a high demand model in a rapidly emerging ecomony. Taking delivery within a month of "booking" it was extremely lucky, as they don't import many 3 door models. Wont bore you with the details. I also had to stand in line to pay (cash) for it!

So first Prado driven dive trip next weekend to Dibba. Woo-hoo! The desert will have to wait - a bit hot now. Thanks again for everyone's suggestions and advice.

Attached Thumbnails

• NewPradocompressed.JPG

#36 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:17 AM

Weescot, Congratulations!!! Nice Wheells!! I hope petrol is cheap over there. About $3.99 US gallon :-D in Boston today. I'm sure gas will be about $4.12-4.20 :birthday: in about 10 days when I return from Belize. So whats a Gallon(Us or Imperial)/Liter cost in the mid east??
Smooth Journeys, Stan
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#37 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:18 PM

Oh yea!!! Congrats!!! New vehicles are always FUN!!!
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#38 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:31 PM

Congrats!!! You did a stellar job in choosing - I know you will love it. Now go get the back all messy and wet with dive gear!! :teeth:

#39 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:03 PM

Weescot, Congratulations!!! Nice Wheells!! I hope petrol is cheap over there. About $3.99 US gallon :teeth: in Boston today. I'm sure gas will be about $4.12-4.20 :fish2: in about 10 days when I return from Belize. So whats a Gallon(Us or Imperial)/Liter cost in the mid east??
Smooth Journeys, Stan

Gas is (I think) around 25cents a litre - about $1 a gallon? It cost around $30 dollars to fill her up. Gas in the UK is around $8 a gallon - has been for a while. this is not a car for the UK....!!!

I'll go and plan/dream about getting wet and messy now Deb.. :)

#40 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:16 PM

I'll go and plan/dream about getting wet and messy now Deb.. :birthday:

That sounded a bit naughty. :bye: You go girl! LOL.

#41 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:21 PM

This was one weekend where I really, really missed having a man around. I spent my entire Saturday working outside attempting moving tree parts and trimming trees that were just taller than me, and I just do not do gas powered things such as chainsaws, weedwackers et al, they Bite! My wonderfully barbaric truck did improve the height issue but strength is something men naturally have more of. A couple of times I was biting off more than I could chew :( My pool was green and I could not get it to recover as fast as I thought it should, then to top it off, a dang snake showed up today on my pool deck!!!

I succumbed when the snake and I were at serious odds about the direction I wanted it to go, and where it wanted to stay. I am thankful for wonderful neighbors that come to my rescue and relocated my snake. But; yeah there's a but, same said neighbor was using my pool these last few weeks asked me "How big is that gator in your pond?" His wife laughed and I immediately said "NO." "No gator in my pond; it's a frog! If I have a gator I want it GONE."

So yes, right now I am missing not having a man around to share and help with these things, so to all of you, thanx for sharing my burden this weekend

#42 justscuba

justscuba

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT, EFR INST,HSAI
  • Logged Dives: about 2250 cert 1973

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:16 PM

Cue drum roll .... so here it is, and I defiantely made the right choice - I love it :teeth: As you can see I was the only idiot out in the sun - it was 48C (115F?) today. I had just been to the Emirates Palace Hotel for a celebratory gold dusted cappuccio :-)

It was a bit of a lottery and education buying a high demand model in a rapidly emerging ecomony. Taking delivery within a month of "booking" it was extremely lucky, as they don't import many 3 door models. Wont bore you with the details. I also had to stand in line to pay (cash) for it!

So first Prado driven dive trip next weekend to Dibba. Woo-hoo! The desert will have to wait - a bit hot now. Thanks again for everyone's suggestions and advice.

WOW! I like that picture!!!! OH yea the Prado is nice also. LOL
Marty

#43 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:27 PM

weescot

Its 1995 since I bought my last car, so need some advice. I am looking for a city friendly SUV that I can also fill up with all my scuba gear with and drive 3 hours across the desert highways to Oman. Plus off road capability for desert camping trips during the winter. I have narrowed it down to Volvo X90, Nissan X-Terra, Toyota Prado (local favorite) and BMW x3. Anyone got any useful insights or advice? Reviews online seem to be limited and/or subjective.

Then again, maybe this suits me more....

Thoughts anyone?

Weescot I dont think asking men for advise on cars is really a good idea now adays, because they cant work on them. I think ScubaPunk has givin you some sound advise.."Buy American :thankyou: "

IMHO I think you would just look Fab in this H2 Mummer :teeth:

Bubski

Attached Thumbnails

• Hummer.jpg

Edited by Bubble2Bubble, 21 July 2008 - 08:30 PM.

Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#44 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:42 AM

...and the winner is.... Dah nah, 3 door Toyota Prado with all whistles, bells and leather seats. ... - but delivery may take 1 - 3 months :-( It was a right carry on. 12 "in transit" (at sea). but even with downpayment, I can't guarantee one of them is mine...
Thanks for all contributions and advice! I will post a pic when I finally take delivery...

Hi Sheena,

I realize I may have missed reading the big news in a different thread, but based on the date of the above post you may have finally received the long awaited Prado (a very sensible car in my experience). You promised a professionally produced feature length film documenting your adventures with the new car... or perhaps it was just a photo of you both. :teeth: Please direct me to the appropriate post or PM if you a) have it and b) snapped it.

Looking forward to the FL rendezvous! :D Please keep me updated via PM...

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#45 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:56 AM

...and in typical Brad fashion, after posting the above update I happened to scroll a little farther back and discovered your "Got Mine!" post. *sigh* Forever demonstrating why computer geeks are often the biggest problem with computers... :D Congrats on the fly ride! :teeth:

Slinking away to my own personal PC Time-Out,

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users