• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SOLD OUT!! Sept Roatan Singles Week Aug 30- Sept 6, 2008

• Please log in to reply
673 replies to this topic

#661 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:31 AM

DON'T FORGET...

If you get some booze at Duty Free (only from a US departure city) that you MUST check it into your checked bags. You can not hand carry it from Houston or whatever your final departure city is.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#662 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

DON'T FORGET...

If you get some booze at Duty Free (only from a US departure city) that you MUST check it into your checked bags. You can not hand carry it from Houston or whatever your final departure city is.

I know you can't between US cities, but I am not sure how you would avoid that traveling from your final US city. You bags are already checked and the duty free shops are on the other side of the security checkpoints. Your only other option at that point would be to gate check it.

And if you are bringing any snacks, make sure they stay sealed until after you get into Roatan. Open snacks are generally frowned about at customs.

#663 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:36 PM

PLEASE HELP US UPDATE THESE LISTS:

Anyone else wanting a massage or day or arrival dive orientation? I need to send this info to the resort. :-D

Ready to spoil yourself? Let us know, and we'll arrange a masseuse for you. We have both a male and female masseuse, well trained and experienced, who will bring their table to your room. Guests tell us these massages are the best they've ever had. $60 per hour from BURT of $70 per hour from LAUREN.

Those Wanting to have a Massage 6pm last one before dinner and 9pm last one of evening ($60 or $70 per hr):[/color]

1. _________________Sat Aug 30th 3:00 pm- $60 (Burt) - Bill aka ScubaTex $70 (Lauren)
2. Mark aka DiveGeek Sat Aug 30th 5:00 pm - $60 (Burt) ________________________ $70 (Lauren)
3. kamala aka wreckwench Sun Sept 1st 4pm - $60 (Burt) - ___________________ $70 (Lauren)
4. kamala aka wreckwench Friday Sept 5th 3pm - $60 (Burt) - __________________ $70 (Lauren)
5. Janette aka Starfish Friday Sept 5th 4pm - $60 (Burt) - ________________________ $70 (Lauren)
6. Susie aka Susiq Friday Sept 5th 5pm - $60 (Burt) - Fred aka ev780 $70 (Lauren)
7. Mark aka DiveGeek Friday Sept 5th 6pm???? afternoon/evening????? - ___________________$70 (Lauren)

People Wanting to Do a Day Of Arrival Orientation Sat Aug 30th for $50 split with anyone doing it & $10 per tank (IF A LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE MAY REQUIRE A SECOND BIBR STAFF PERSON AT $50):

1. Tammy aka Landlocked Dive Nut
2. Bill aka ScubaTex
3. Sandra aka ScubaSandra
4. Susan aka Susiq
5. acas
6. ev780????

Do we know what time approx the dive is going to be ?

Jeff

That depends on when people arrive. It if gets to be too late they won't be able to do it as everyone needs to be back and cleaned up for the main orientation at 5:30pm.

My guess is you need to start it by 2pm so you can do the dive by 3pm and finish around 4. That gives you 1.5 hrs to clean gear and get ready for dinner/orientation and SD's Official Meet and Greet Happy Hour!

In that case , I think I'll do my C/O :) on Sat as well. :)

Jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#664 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:43 PM

Do we HAVE to register for the contest or can we just throw ourselves into it after imbibing some liquid courage ?:-D
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#665 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:55 PM

Do we HAVE to register for the contest or can we just throw ourselves into it after imbibing some liquid courage ?:)

The former is PREFERRED but I'll accept the latter! :)

I'll add you to the list! :-D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#666 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:28 PM

As far as the Dolphin Dive goes..

I did mine today..It went something like this..

We first given a chance to meet the dolphins in a pen prior to the dive. You get a chance to interact with the dolphins prior to the dive. THere were three in total. PS..they get really excited if you rub their belly. So keep the rubbing to the sides...

Then you go out for the dive. YOu have to be very patient. And conserve your air. Of the 45 minute dive, they only really interracted with us the last 15 minutes. So conserve your air. ITs a 50 foot dive on a flat profile. We swam around to three locations until we settled in a spot where they came. I think the instructor used his whistle as they ignored us previously.

IF you have never done a dolphin swim before, its worth it. FOr me, it was too much effort for what I got out of it. And for the heavy breathers in the group, they barely got any time with the dolphin at all.

#667 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:29 AM

As far as the Dolphin Dive goes..

I did mine today..It went something like this..

We first given a chance to meet the dolphins in a pen prior to the dive. You get a chance to interact with the dolphins prior to the dive. THere were three in total. PS..they get really excited if you rub their belly. So keep the rubbing to the sides...

Then you go out for the dive. YOu have to be very patient. And conserve your air. Of the 45 minute dive, they only really interracted with us the last 15 minutes. So conserve your air. ITs a 50 foot dive on a flat profile. We swam around to three locations until we settled in a spot where they came. I think the instructor used his whistle as they ignored us previously.

IF you have never done a dolphin swim before, its worth it. FOr me, it was too much effort for what I got out of it. And for the heavy breathers in the group, they barely got any time with the dolphin at all.

I did the dolphin dive when I was there two weeks ago and it was a very different experience for me. We also met the dolphins prior to the dive and then went out to the dive area. From the time we hit the bottom the Dolphins where there with us, swimming around and between, playing with eels that they caught. There were 6 different times where one of the dolphins swam right up to me and let me pet him, one time he came up and stuck his nose in my mask. All but 2 of the divers in our group where part of my group of friends, we all have a similar air consumption so it was not a problem, our bottom time on Nitrox was 64 minutes.
I spent two weeks on Roatan and I have to say that the only true highlight of the trip was the dolphin dive. I have done these dives before on Cozumel and in the Bahamas, would not bother with them again in those places but this time was amazing.
Sea Turtle advocate!

#668 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:53 PM

Today we did the Shark Dive. Much better experience for us than the dolphin dive. Dive was at 70 feet for about 30 minutes. We took one of the resort's boats over to the other side of the island. They took us to the dive site which was approx 1 mile offshoe. The dive master with the bucket of chum went first, followed by the 11 people on the dive, then a 2nd dive master took up the back. We all dropped down onto the sand, in which the DM gave us a signal to swim with the sharks, which we did. They swam all around us. This went for about 23 minutes. then we were all brought back to the sand, when the DM then opened the bait box. Chaos then occured as the sharks all attacked the bucket. There were a couple of grouper that got into the act too. Once it was all gone, the site settled down again. Then the real competition started as everyone was searching then for shark teeth.

We throroughly enjoyed this dive and would definitely do it again. The DM was telling me during the trip back they have another dive site that isn't used for the class that has hammerheads. Hopefully we can get them to visit that one the next trip!

#669 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:47 AM

The merriment has almost ended but the mayhem continues. To read about all the fun check HERE!

To see all the pictures as soon as they get posted keep checking here!

And thank you all for a fantastic trip and adventure! -ww

formerly...

#670 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:48 PM

Hey everyone! I'm sorry the link to the main trip report was not working...it is now! (See the post above!)

I have merged all your comments into the main thread! I will comment more there! :flirt:

formerly...

#671 shawnabbott

shawnabbott

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:56 PM

Hey everyone! I'm sorry the link to the main trip report was not working...it is now! (See the post above!)

I have merged all your comments into the main thread! I will comment more there! :flirt:

the links don't go thru? where is it located?

#672 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:02 PM

I have merged all your comments into the main thread! I will comment more there! :teeth:

the links don't go thru? where is it located?

:flirt: Its fixed now but the report is located under REPORTS from SingleDivers.com trips under Trips Activities etc. and the pictures are under the Roatan trip gallery under Photo Gallery in the upper right next to calendar and its under 2008 Group Trips!

formerly...

#673 Starfish

Starfish

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:open water (2003) - about 50 dives so far; only in Bahamas and Bonaire
  • Logged Dives:about 50

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:55 PM

The merriment has almost ended but the mayhem continues. To read about all the fun check HERE!

Hey Houston, I hope Ike STAYS AWAY!!
Kamala, could you post instructions on how to post trip pics?
thanks everyone for a great trip. mark, I'm studying dive tables ...
Janette aka Starfish

#674 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:34 AM

Hey Houston, I hope Ike STAYS AWAY!!
Kamala, could you post instructions on how to post trip pics?
thanks everyone for a great trip. mark, I'm studying dive tables ...
Janette aka Starfish

Done! Here and Here! :cool2: again for being a great buddy! -ww

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users