• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Biggest Loser

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:25 PM

I caught the last 6 weeks of the Biggest Loser on NBC, I'm not much into reality TV but I thought the judge was fair on the Biggest Loser (It was the scale). I learned alot of helpful life living tips from the show. As divers we all know about the benefits of drinking water (plain and simple) replacing ???? with water, even if its the same price at the soda machine can help as I understand. Did anyone else follow that series at what did you think about it ?

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#2 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:30 AM

I started following the series once I learned one of the contestants was from the Birmingham area, and his team was from the University of Alabama....ROLL TIDE!!! The weekly weight loss by the contestants is unrealistic in the "real" world. How many people have you seen lose 12 to 15 pounds in just 7 days? But like you, I realize it is the basic tips that we can all use to help meet our own weight loss goals. Drinking water is one of the basics, plus exercise and healthier eating.
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#3 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:36 AM

I found it interesting that there was no mention of what foods they ate or didn't? It must have been a trade secret or proprietary or ?, I tuned in about the time they where all going to go home and be on there own for awhile, and I said (this I gotta see). I have struggled with my weight for two years now and I have lost 30lbs due to several factors.
1. I eat what I want to but I make it at home.
2. I don't travel as much anymore, so I don't get influenced by those $ menu's
3. I got used to the fact that bottled water cost as much as a soda but is way more refreshing than a one.
4. I didn't want to buy a new size of jeans or....wet suit either.
5. And I wanted to live long enough to see WWs 10,000th dive
OK back on topic........

The weekly weight loss by the contestants is unrealistic in the "real" world. How many people have you seen lose 12 to 15 pounds in just 7 days?

I agree with you Bubbles, In my experience its a over-all life-style change and actual results take time.

IMHO

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#4 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:04 PM

3. I got used to the fact that bottled water cost as much as a soda but is way more refreshing than a one.

Bubski

I have a large Brita water filter/dispenser I keep in the fridge. When I want some to take with me, I have a couple of bottled water bottles that I re-use instead of discarding them.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users