• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Wreckfest 2008

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:00 AM

Aug 22-24(25) - Cooper River Prehistoric Megladon Teeth & Ancient Artifacts for $660 Megladon Teeth...8 Million years old and OTHER prehistoric teeth/fossils a whopping 40-60 Million years old!!! Find them diving 4 dives a day on the Cooper River, SC August 22-24, with an optional EXTRA day of diving Aug. 25th 2008!! TRAVEL DAYS: Aug 21st and Aug 25th or 26th. For full information click here! Hurry only 1 SPOT LEFT on this annual sell out trip! Dive with the Famous OTWDiver!

If you go do tell us all about it.

I'm doing an Isle Royale liveaboard (cold water natural wrecks) the weekend of August 21-26th but that sounds cool. I'll have to let my fossil diving work counterpart in Detroit know about that one.

I guess I have a pretty busy August too:-)

Cool...definiately tell him! Several people have put their name in the hat for that spot but no moola as they say. So he/she who pays...plays...or in this case...dives! :wakawaka:

And do tell me more about the Isle Royale liveaboard...very interesting. I'm always trying to find new trips for SD!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 Yohanson

Yohanson

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:01 AM

And do tell me more about the Isle Royale liveaboard...very interesting. I'm always trying to find new trips for SD!

Isle Royale is relatively expensive. In fact, it's cheaper to go to Coz. Also, minimum certification level is AOW and a drysuit is mandatory. I don't know of any boat that accommadates more than 6 people either but the folks at Superior Divers were planning on buying a bigger boat this spring.
Here is some more info:
http://www.mn-blackd...senger_Info.htm
http://www.superiortrips.com/
http://superiordiver...harterRates.htm

and here are the wrecks with pictures, current disposition and history:
http://www.superiort..._Shipwrecks.htm
My biggest diving "goal" is to dive the Kamloops...next year maybe.

#18 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:13 PM

Some friends and I were batting the idea around, but I think we may have opted for the Oriskany instead. I'll have to check with the guys and see what dates we have locked in. Will you be in the Tech 1 range?

VADiver, Let me know if you come to Pensacola to dive the Oriskany. I can help with any details and know most of the boats/captains/shops here. Would love to meet another SD'er!

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll find out what baot the guys have decided on and se if you have any feedback on the operation.

While I'm there maybe we all could get togther for dinner and talk about Kamala. :(

#19 netmage

netmage

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech & Cave
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:16 PM

While I'm there maybe we all could get togther for dinner and talk about Kamala. :(

Now THAT sounds like fun!
"I aim to misbehave...."

#20 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:18 PM

Now THAT sounds like fun!

Definately! How far are you from Pensicola?

As for Wreck Fest...let me look at my calender and see what I can do. Anyroom on a buddy team for me?

#21 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:54 PM

Some friends and I were batting the idea around, but I think we may have opted for the Oriskany instead. I'll have to check with the guys and see what dates we have locked in. Will you be in the Tech 1 range?

VADiver, Let me know if you come to Pensacola to dive the Oriskany. I can help with any details and know most of the boats/captains/shops here. Would love to meet another SD'er!

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll find out what baot the guys have decided on and se if you have any feedback on the operation.

While I'm there maybe we all could get togther for dinner and talk about Kamala. :fish2:

Sounds great! (but don't tell her :diver: ) If you haven't decided on a boat, check out TechRec.com. His website is still under construction, but you can get an idea. It's a great boat for tech, lots of room.

Sorry about hijacking the thread! Back to topic = Wreckfest in the Keys - Now that sounds like fun! Look up Jason at Quiessance in Key Largo. Tech instructor/cave diver/all around great guy - and a pretty darn good diver too. :(
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#22 Stephanie

Stephanie

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:29

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:41 AM

I'm game for going down for wreckfest.. I'll need to buddy up with someone!! Also, keep me in the loop about the Oriskany!.... I would love to dive it, preferably this summer... late May early June anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users