• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Bonaire Baby...ONLY "In Bonaire" May 10-17, 2008

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#1 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:54 AM

Hello everyone from Bonaire!!

WW and I made it to Bonaire last night with only a few travel issues :cheerleader:

Wenchie wanted me to remind everyone to bring your school supplies! Like any nation, Bonaire does have kids in need and we have maybe 3 potential organizations in mind who need our help! So please remember your school supplies :cool1:

Bonaire is wonderful and the resort is beautiful :dance:

So, for everyone who is on this trip, safe travels!

for everyone who didn't get to sign up, we'll be posting thru out the week so you'll know what you missed!

#2 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:07 PM

I'm off to the airport. Should get thru security by about 7 pm. The majority of folks are arriving 'round 8pm.

WOO HOO!!!
Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#3 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:56 PM

I'm off to the airport. Should get thru security by about 7 pm. The majority of folks are arriving 'round 8pm.

WOO HOO!!!

Well, I am at the Denver Airport couldn't make the 8pm flight. Next flight is scheduled to land at 9:30!

#4 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:25 PM

WOO HOO!!!

Well, I am at the Denver Airport couldn't make the 8pm flight. Next flight is scheduled to land at 9:30!

Hang in there !!! We will be waiting for you!!!! :cool1:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#5 ScubaShafer

ScubaShafer

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:2460

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:24 PM

Waiting in the Atlanta Airport. Flight to IAH is scheduled to leave at 2055, and we should have started boarding already, but hasn't arrived at the gate yet. Sure hope we make it in time to catch the Red-Eye. Probably won't make the Houston Happy Hour - bummer!

Edited by ScubaShafer, 09 May 2008 - 06:25 PM.

It's a GR8 day to be alive!

"Good things come to those who wait." Heinz - 1980s
"Good things come to those who wait." Guinness - 1990s
"Good things come to those with weights." ScubaShafer - 2008

#6 bpro

bpro

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:190

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:04 PM

Pappadeaux kept us well watered and we're waiting for the flight to Bonaire. Having a great time in Houston!

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:34 PM

Bonaire Update:

Gosh I hope you all got trip insurance...so far we expected 4 people tonight and only 2 arrived. Not sure how many will make it in on the am flight. Hopefully all. One of my flights was cancelled causing me to have to pay an add'l $130 to get back home but fortunately this is covered under the insurance pkg.

Update on your diving pkgs:

Everyone has 15 boat dives in your package and your official day of diving can start AFTER you've done the 9:30am dive orientation and acclimation dive. If you are doing the redeye from Houston or NY/NJ you can do the orientation dive the day of arrival and then start your pkg that afternoon or the next day. If you are arriving on Sat during the day or Sat night you will do your orientation dive while the group is diving on Sunday and you can do the afternoon dive with the group which is part of your pkg even though you will be missing 2 of your pkg dives. You can make this up if you are flying out late on Saturday by diving on Friday morning or you can use these dives if you are staying longer or you can get them as a credit voucer for another time. The resort will let you use your 15 dives from day of arrival until the last day of your pkg. (Sadly you can not use them after the last official day of your pkg even if you are staying extra days unless you are at risk of losing 2 dives during the regular week.) So if you arrive on Sat you will technically lose 2 dives of your pkg unless you are staying longer or have a late flight the following Saturday and so wish to dive on Friday. This impacts approximately 8-11 people. The resort has offered to give you vouchers for your next visit however since we have so many SDer's staying longer we will determine the cash value of the 2 dives and refund those who miss any dives the cash value of any missed and we will resell the dives to those staying longer so SD does not have to sit on the dives for a year before we can use them again.

We'll cover it all in more detail when you get here. :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#8 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:06 PM

Barb & Zach here...

We're stuck in Curacao until 10pm.... flight was to leave at 4pm Holly got delayed in Miami and will be boarding in MIA around 4:30.

She'll get here in time to catch up with us on the 10pm flight so all is still good. Having a beer and relaxing at the airport. :-)

Weather is beautiful and we can't wait to get to Bonaire Baby!!

Barb & Zach
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#9 bpro

bpro

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:190

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:24 PM

Zack and Barb, we'll party together in spirit until you get here!

#10 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:25 PM

Zack and Barb, we'll party together in spirit until you get here!

Thanks!! Cheers!! :welcome:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#11 diverb0b

diverb0b

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Cert Level:INSTRUCTOR TRAINER
  • Logged Dives:7000 +

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:18 PM

Hi to you all going on this SD trip,hope the weather is better than in march and that you aren't delayed in getting there :bye: :diver: :fish: :fish: :cool1: :D :welcome:
It will all be a memory tomorrow
I BE DIVING

#12 ScubaStacy

ScubaStacy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW Rescue.
  • Logged Dives:190+

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:08 AM

Well only three more days! I'm excited for you guys and sure wish I was going... I'll be thinking of you and sending good dive thoughts your way! I really want to see all the pictures (topside) afterwards so I can participate vicariously! :welcome:

Have a wonderful trip! :D

Stacy

PS Belinda, Ed, you both know what I expect! :-)

http://www.breathebonaire.com/

Look for us!

Oh that is very cool - I'll be checking in - wave at me - grab your ear or something... (Very old Carol Burnett Show reference - yeah I’m a geek)

I'm still pretty jealous but still very excited for all of you - I imagine your fun is in full swing by now! :diver: :cool1: :fish:

Sending good thoughts your way!

Stacy
I just want to be underwater!

#13 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:43 PM

Weather has been great as is the diving! More to come as the week continues to unfold!

#14 Quero

Quero

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor--I mostly dive where I live and work--SE Asia.
  • Logged Dives:Well, as an instructor, that number is very high, but counting strictly fun dives (pretty much all dives are fun, but I mean ones for which I'm not working), about 750.

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:53 AM

Early morning greetings from Bonaire. I'm jet lagged and have come out of my room because I was disturbing my roommate with my flashlight trying to read in the dark. My bad. :fish2: So I thought it would be a good time to report to anybody who is following this thread but was unable to make the trip.

Those divers who had travel woes due to unexpected flight delays have kept arrangements pretty fluid, but now things are settling down, chaos is losing its grip, and everybody has had their orientations and has hit the water with boat dives to lovely sites. We are all glad to be bonding as a big group, and I am personally happy to be getting to know so many great people. Neptuner gets busy every once in a while to lead a group cheer of "Bonaire Baby" in dining rooms, and all the non-SD resort guests just stare at us, LOL.

As for the diving, the water is cool for me, but not as shockingly COLD as it felt the first day. I attribute that to horrible travel fatigue and not sleeping properly for three consecutive nights en route. I guess I was pretty cranky too, so I am contrite and hope to make up for it. :D The dives have been very nice. For me, most of the marine life is unfamiliar, so I'm going nuts thinking everything is interesting while those who are used to these critters just swim on past them giving them no more than a glance (I hover and stare!). I pointed out a huge arrowhead crab to one of my dive buddies and he couldn't understand what I was all excited about. I'm having a great time IDing marine life!

The other good news I have to report is that we now have three newly certified SD Nitrox divers, and more to come as soon as they are ready to take the test! Our AOW students have also got a good start on their dives, having done the Nav dive yesterday in the late afternoon. We had to rush to try to finish before it the sky got dark, so underwater it was a bit dim for reading compasses, so we'll do it again this morning from the boat.

Some of us went out for the Larry's dive a couple days ago, but the sea conditions were causing quite a surge, so we just did one dive. We're going back out this afternoon. We've got our fingers crossed in hopes of an exceptional dive!

More later....

Edited by Quero, 12 May 2008 - 04:58 AM.

Come dive with me in Thailand!

#15 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:12 AM

Early morning greetings from Bonaire. I'm jet lagged and have come out of my room because I was disturbing my roommate with my flashlight trying to read in the dark. My bad. :fish2: So I thought it would be a good time to report to anybody who is following this thread but was unable to make the trip.

Those divers who had travel woes due to unexpected flight delays have kept arrangements pretty fluid, but now things are settling down, chaos is losing its grip, and everybody has had their orientations and has hit the water with boat dives to lovely sites. We are all glad to be bonding as a big group, and I am personally happy to be getting to know so many great people. Neptuner gets busy every once in a while to lead a group cheer of "Bonaire Baby" in dining rooms, and all the non-SD resort guests just stare at us, LOL.

As for the diving, the water is cool for me, but not as shockingly COLD as it felt the first day. I attribute that to horrible travel fatigue and not sleeping properly for three consecutive nights en route. I guess I was pretty cranky too, so I am contrite and hope to make up for it. :D The dives have been very nice. For me, most of the marine life is unfamiliar, so I'm going nuts thinking everything is interesting while those who are used to these critters just swim on past them giving them no more than a glance (I hover and stare!). I pointed out a huge arrowhead crab to one of my dive buddies and he couldn't understand what I was all excited about. I'm having a great time IDing marine life!

The other good news I have to report is that we now have three newly certified SD Nitrox divers, and more to come as soon as they are ready to take the test! Our AOW students have also got a good start on their dives, having done the Nav dive yesterday in the late afternoon. We had to rush to try to finish before it the sky got dark, so underwater it was a bit dim for reading compasses, so we'll do it again this morning from the boat.

Some of us went out for the Larry's dive a couple days ago, but the sea conditions were causing quite a surge, so we just did one dive. We're going back out this afternoon. We've got our fingers crossed in hopes of an exceptional dive!

More later....

Great to hear you are enjoying the newly found critters, but where are the pictures? Inquiring minds want to know!!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users