• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Belize June 12-17th LAST MINUTE TRIP TO PARADISE!

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:14 AM

June 12-17 "Luxury at Diver's Prices" Trip to Belize! (can be extended extra days for hotel and/or hotel and diving) Posted Image

Hey everyone this is an "Introductory" price for this new resort! We'll be flying to Belize City and then onto San Pedro where we'll dive in the world famous Ambergris Cay. Our resort Journey's End offers luxury rooms ranging from standard styled rooms, suites, stand alone cabanas and private villas! We have worked a special deal on a 5 nite 3 day pkg that discounts the Laguna rooms from their normal $150 per nite +20% tax and the Cabana rooms from their normal $200 per nite +20% tax. All rooms will have 2 beds in them and anyone doing a single upgrade on the Cabana styled room can win a chance at a free oceanview cabana room of which several are available! :cool1: (Sorry this only applies to the single rooms and not the double occupany rooms UNLESS you are a couple/2 people and are sharing a room and a queen/king bed. If so please let me know and we can enter you in the drawing for the oceanview room too!)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Pricing Summary: $790 for Laguna Rooms d/o (2 bed per room configuration) or $850 for Cabana Rooms d/o (2 bed per room configuration) or Single Room Laguna

Posted ImagePosted Image

Package Includes:

(5) nights Double occupancy/Twin sharing room.
(3) Consecutive Days of Boat Diving* (2 tanks in am)
Roundtrip from Belize City to San Pedro (please advise us your arrival time so we can book this flight for you... Please arrive no later than 4pm to catch the last flight to San Pedro
Roundtrip transfers airport to resort and back from San Pedro Airport
(1) Boat Night Dive
FREE Nitrox for those that are certified. (Sorry no discounts if diving air.)
Air-Conditioned Rooms
FREE Welcome Cocktail - can you do this?
Daily SD Happy Hour...get your favorite duty free bottle and we'll get mixers and have our own party!
FREE T-shirt and other great give-always!
Lots of 'Meets & Greets' to get to know everyone!
Includes all taxes.

Price Does Not Include:

Airfare to Belize City (BZE)
Meals
Shorediving because the water taxi zone cuts in front of the resort negating the chance to safely shoredive
Rental, instruction and retail charges
Crew/staff gratuities (usually 10-15% of your land pkg cost)
Trip Cancellation/Interruption/Hurricane/Injury Insurance (we STRONGLY suggest you get trip insurance. Self-insurance is for gamblers and thrill seekers! See end of details for links for quotes or to buy online from several excellent suppliers.)
Departure taxes (approx US$35)
Single Supplement Upgrade: $70 + 20% tax per night =$84 for Laguna Rooms (or $325 + 20% tax =$420 price for the 5 nite package) or $80 +20%tax = $96 per night or for 5 nites $480 for the Cabanas.)
SD's Rent-A-Buddy: Have your own private DM as your dive buddy and coach. Want to polish your skills? Reinforce what you just learned in your certification dives? Improve your air consumption? Then hire a dive coach/private guide for your trip!
Instruction/Classes will be available on this trip. Please let us know what you are interested in. Classes typically include nitrox, AOW, night, photography, etc.
Extra Day(s): $70 net + 20% tax= $84 for d/o includes hotel only or $140 + 20% tax = $168 for s/o hotel only Laguna or $80+20%tax=$96 d/o Cabana or $160+20%=$192 s/o Cabana
Extra Day(s) Diving: $75 + 10%tax=$82.50 per 2 tank am dives - Will use Peterbj7 our member for diving the 16th if anyone wants to join me. Other days can be set up via him or the resort...either way the price is the same.

(We are looking at using our very own Peter peterbj7 for an extra day of diving or an afternoon dive in the Catheral! This is where we discovered some awesome UNTOUCHED diving on our last Belize trip!)

Who's Going.....

1. Kamala aka WreckWench TX -
2. Stan aka Scubaski MA - D/O, (PAID IN FULL), Arr 6/12 Dpt 6/18, 1 Extra night PD $168 Nitrox, Survey/Waiver Rec'd
3. Shawn aka shawnabbott (TX) - S/O, (PAID IN FULL)S/O Laguna, Nitrox, Waiver/Survey Rec'd

Doing Extra Dives June 16th with Peterbj7 and WW:

1. kamala aka wreckwench -pd $82.50
2. Shawn aka shawnabbott
3. Stan aka Scubaski

Doing Extra Nights and Diving other than June 16th:

1. Stan aka ScubaSki - 1 extra night @ $84 if finds a roomie or $168 if stuck doing a single room. Diving on the 17th

Check & Docs are in the Mail...

1. Dan aka Hurricane Dan: Need Docs & $$$

Interested but can't quite commit:

How to Book a Spot on this Trip:

1. Post in this thread that you plan to join us and your check or payment is in the mail or on it's way. We'll then put your name on the 'check's in the mail' list. (Please send your pymt asap as we'll only hold your spot for 7 days.)
2. Fill out the Trip Rooming & Diving Survey plus the SingleDivers.com Medical Liability Release which you'll find under "Stuff you need to know for ALL SingleDivers.com trips & activities!" or click here to link to it. (Send a PM or an email to trips@singledivers.com for the password.) Email the survey to trips@singledivers.com.
3. Send your deposit for the trip and/or monies due based upon the payment schedule posted below and payment options. If you need to make special arrangements about payments please contact me and I'll gladly work with you. See below for our credit card authorization form.
4. We need to know when you are arriving & departing, single or double occupancy, if you need rental gear, if doing nitrox, and if using the AA contract. This MUST be included with your initial reservation.

Discounts:

FREE Upgrade Chance to OceanView room for anyone that pays in full before Jun 1st IF doing a s/o Cabana or bringing your own buddy and doing d/o cabana i.e. willing to share a queen/king bed.
($25) rebate for SD premier or charter membership
($25) additional active duty military discount (please note we'll need verification of your active duty status. This applies to any soldier of any country that seeks freedom in the world.) :respect:
Price includes cash discount. Please add 3% if paying via paypal or credit card.

Payment Information:

If paying via credit card (Visa, MC, Diners) download the SD Credit Card Authorization Form, complete and fax to 214-350-2558. Click here for the form.

If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to kamala@singledivers.com Be sure to include the 3% fee along with your address, contact number, screen name, trip name & payment details in the detail or notes section.

If paying via check or money order, please send payment along with payment details to:

Kamala Shadduck
SingleDivers.com
3957 Gaspar Ste#200
Dallas, TX 75220
214-350-7003
kamala@singledivers.com

We must have your name, address, screen name & trip name as well as payment summary in the memo section of the check or included with your check to be credited properly for this trip

Payment Terms & Schedule:

ASAP: $500 deposit required to reserve a spot on the trip.

Progress Payments:

Trip Price: $790 d/o Laguna Rooms or $850 d/o Cabana Rooms
Immediately to Hold Spot: $500 Deposit
Jun 1, 2008: $290 + any extra days/diving for Laguna or $350 + any extra days/dviing for Cabana
Pay in Full by 6/1/08 and be eligible for free upgrade to oceanview room if doing s/o cabana only or if doing d/o cabana but willing to share a bed with your own buddy you bring with you!

PLEASE obtain trip insurance ...it is VERY inexpensive and will protect your investment. You can purchase it right online as well as check quotes etc. It is very economical unless you like to gamble with your vacation.

Click here for a free quote or to purchase online!

or

Click here for another provider that provides excellent rates and coverage!

Important Trip Updates:

Please see post #3 of this thread here for ONGOING updates of the trip. We make every effort to summarize the important trip info you need either in this first post or in a dedicated post for the purpose but we can not gaurantee that all the info you need has been summarized so you will need to read the thread to be completely updated. :o

Edited by ScubaPunk, 08 June 2008 - 09:29 AM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:30 AM

Hey everyone...I'm sure you'll have questions on this and I'll try to answer them as quickly as possible. This trip was put together with the resort to highlight its new ownership of its facilites and to help us find a great trip for June now that we had a last minute opening.

Thank you for joining us and this could be one of the best SD trips ever...just a few good friends in a wonderfully quiet and relaxing place in paradise! I look forward to you coming to join me! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:47 AM

Ok I've had a few questions....

1. What time should I arrive?
A. You can arrive any time the 12th and depart anytime the 17th or later.

2. What if you only get a few people?
A. That is the beauty of this special promotion...they will be happy if we get 2 or 20 people so we are going regardless!

formerly...

#4 AirHead

AirHead

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:20 PM

So you can't arrive before the 12th?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake W.C. Fields

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:28 PM

So you can't arrive before the 12th?

Yes you can arrive early but you'll be on your own unless someone else wants to arrive early with you. Did you find better air by arriving early?

formerly...

#6 AirHead

AirHead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:03 PM

I haven't even looked at air yet. It is just that I have to be at work the week of 6-16 - 6-20 no options on that. I will be bringing a friend so I will not be completely on my own, in fact she dives so technically I will not be buddy-less
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake W.C. Fields

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

I haven't even looked at air yet. It is just that I have to be at work the week of 6-16 - 6-20 no options on that. I will be bringing a friend so I will not be completely on my own, in fact she dives so technically I will not be buddy-less

No worries that will work! You'll be with the group for part and on your own for part. Shouldn't be a problem. I know the resort wants 'heads on beds'!

Let us know as soon as you can! kamala

formerly...

#8 HurricaneDan

HurricaneDan

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cert Level:open water nitrox
  • Logged Dives:76

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:40 AM

count me in.just need to arrange air travel. hurricane dan

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:46 AM

count me in.just need to arrange air travel. hurricane dan

Great we'll put you on the 'checks in the mail' list. Let us know if you are doing d/o or s/o. And if you are doing the free nitrox. (Hee! Hee! I'm thinking you are now that you are certified!)

Let us know as soon as you get your airfare and send your FULL trip details to trips@singledivers.com :cool1:

formerly...

#10 SleeplessInBimini

SleeplessInBimini

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:over 700

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:53 PM

Is there still any room on this trip?

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:06 AM

Is there still any room on this trip?

Yep...wide open! Wanna join us? :wakawaka:

formerly...

#12 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:55 AM

This trip look interesting. I have time off request in with my direct report manager, and air on AA on 24 hour hold. I hope to have all worked out by Wed evening. I'm thinking of staying 2 extra days. So put me on tentative list arriving June 12, departing June 18... DO for original trip days and hopefully some will stay longer also for DO roommate or I'll go SO..More WED evening.

Come on divers this sounds like a cool last minute trip!!!! :teeth:
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#13 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:03 AM

This trip look interesting. I have time off request in with my direct report manager, and air on AA on 24 hour hold. I hope to have all worked out by Wed evening. I'm thinking of staying 2 extra days. So put me on tentative list arriving June 12, departing June 18... DO for original trip days and hopefully some will stay longer also for DO roommate or I'll go SO..More WED evening.

Come on divers this sounds like a cool last minute trip!!!! :teeth:

Yep! It sounds great. :teeth: I'll put you on the list.

#14 AirHead

AirHead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:49 PM

Any info on weight/luggage restrictions on the BZE to San Pedro segment?

Does the BZE-SanPedro flight go ever day. We were thinking about Sunday 6/8 - Sunday 6/15.

Thanks

#15 bpro

bpro

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:190

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:44 AM

AirHead, from going last year, I know a little about how they treat luggage. There are two carriers to San Pedro: Maya Island Air and Tropic Air. Tropic has the more detailed guidelines on their site: http://www.tropicair.com/about.html. Nobody last year had any issue with slightly larger/heavier bags that I'm aware of, but it is probably a good idea to keep them within the guidelines anyway. You don't want it to get held up in baggage claim! :)

Posted Image

There are many flights a day, the last one being at about 5:30 or a little after. When a big group was headed back to BZE last year, they ran lots of planes right in a row.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users