• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

New Must-Read Book: "Raising the Dead"

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 dive1dennis

dive1dennis

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:Deco Procedures / Intro to Cave
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:35 AM

I just finished the book and agree it is a good read.

I am not a rebreather diver, so I learned a lot. While I have no aspirations to go to 900+ ft. in a cave, it does reinforce an appreciation for what we do. The book gets into the technical aspects of the dive, but it still reads well. Well worth the time.....
Dennis

#17 SquattingRadishDM

SquattingRadishDM

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Divemaster, Dry Suit....eventually the IDC...then Paradise
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:30 PM

I'm sure I'll get around to reading this but did they ever publish an accident report?

Heres a post from one of the Doctors looking into the accident following the airing of the Outsiders documentary. It eludes to some of the problems on the dive (CO2 toxicity and some issues with the rebreather assembly)

http://www.diveoz.co...ichpage=2#89528
The sea does not belong to despots. On its surface iniquitous rights can still be exercised, men can fight there, devour each other there, and transport all terrestrial horrors there. But at thirty feet below its level their power ceases, their influence dies out, their might disappears.
Ah, sir, live in the bosom of the waters! There alone is independence. There I recognise no masters! There I am free.
Jules Verne. 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users