• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Blue Heron Bridge jun 21

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 08 June 2008 - 03:17 PM

Hello,

My pocket book has asked me to scale back and dive cheap! High tide at Blue Heron Bridge on June 21 is at 10:33 am, if I read the chart correctly. Anyone interested in joining me there?

#2 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:09 PM

Hello,

My pocket book has asked me to scale back and dive cheap! High tide at Blue Heron Bridge on June 21 is at 10:33 am, if I read the chart correctly. Anyone interested in joining me there?

Bummer I can't I'll be in Boston I've yet to do the Bridge but might try the next weekend when my dive shop is organizing a get together

#3 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:00 AM

Hello,

Bummer I can't I'll be in Boston I've yet to do the Bridge but might try the next weekend when my dive shop is organizing a get together

Okay, keep me posted and maybe I'll join you! Also, let me know when you are doing shore diving in your area, I could drive down and go with you.

#4 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:05 PM

Hello,

Okay, keep me posted and maybe I'll join you! Also, let me know when you are doing shore diving in your area, I could drive down and go with you.

Pick a weekend except the next 2 (& maybe not July 4th) I dive every weekend weather provided but very early I spend ~ 2hrs underwater per tank & most days do 2 tanks so if 7 or 8am too early you can meet me for the 2nd tank
PM me when you think you'd like to try it

#5 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:10 PM

Good to know about that AM thing. I was just talking about that with others and everyone said "first thing in the morning" for the shore dives.

#6 Scuba_Dad

Scuba_Dad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:31 PM

Hi Holly,

I'll be on the Little Deeper that morning with students. Then I have to get my gear home and get it dry before the trip to Utila.

Al
If you're bored diving, then you quit learning...

#7 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1,200+

Posted 13 June 2008 - 06:38 AM

Greetings. Would love to go, haven't done the bridge and am looking forward to it!
Happy Diving, LJMongy

#8 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:23 AM

Great! All I need is one buddy and I'm set! See you there! If you need more info, drop me a PM!

#9 aquadiver

aquadiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver, >500 logged dives
  • Logged Dives:510

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:47 AM

Great! All I need is one buddy and I'm set! See you there! If you need more info, drop me a PM!

Wish I could, but I'm not going to be in S. Fla. till Labor Day. If you're around that weekend, I'd love to join you. I love diving the Blue Heron.

a.d.
I don't do much, but what I do I do a lot.

#10 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:34 AM

Greetings. Would love to go, haven't done the bridge and am looking forward to it!

Let's try to meet at 9:45 in Phil foster park to be able to catch high tide!

#11 Scuba_Dad

Scuba_Dad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:41 AM

Holly,

With a high tide of 10:33, I'd be hitting the water between 9:45 and 10:00. At 9:45, you'll be fighting some current, but it should mellow out quickly. If you plan it right, you can easily get a 90 minute dive.

Are you planning on a post dive dive? Brass Ring or Ale House?

Al

#12 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:53 AM

Holly,

With a high tide of 10:33, I'd be hitting the water between 9:45 and 10:00. At 9:45, you'll be fighting some current, but it should mellow out quickly. If you plan it right, you can easily get a 90 minute dive.

Al

Hadn't given it any thought, but if you're planning on joining us, sure why not! The Brass ring was lots of fun last time we were there!

#13 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1,200+

Posted 15 June 2008 - 06:34 PM

Sounds Great! See you there!
Happy Diving, LJMongy

#14 Scuba_Dad

Scuba_Dad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 06:44 PM

Holly,

Al

Hadn't given it any thought, but if you're planning on joining us, sure why not! The Brass ring was lots of fun last time we were there!

The Little Deeper should be back at the dock before 1PM... I hope... I'll give you a call when I get in. I'll probably have 4 newly certified students with me. possibly one of my former students...

Al

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users