• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Diving with mermaids........

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 09 April 2004 - 01:02 PM

Don,

They only allow registered instructors and those with a registered instructor to dive there. I got the information on how to register and will be registering with them. Let me know when you'll be in the area and I'll do my best to get you hooked up for a dive.

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#17 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 09 April 2004 - 01:55 PM

Don,

They only allow registered instructors and those with a registered instructor to dive there. I got the information on how to register and will be registering with them. Let me know when you'll be in the area and I'll do my best to get you hooked up for a dive.

Walter

Cool - Thanks!!
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#18 divegirlzoe

divegirlzoe

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:OW / DiveCon
  • Logged Dives:??

Posted 09 April 2004 - 05:35 PM

Don,
Walter can take you into the park. He is not a dive shop but will qualify to take you into the park. Let us know when you are coming. I am sure it would be an awesome time. There is also a place to float down the river. The river is crystal clear and is about 3 hrs. Smooth safe ride.

Happy Bubbles!

#19 scoobiediver

scoobiediver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, working on more.
  • Logged Dives:30

Posted 09 April 2004 - 05:55 PM

Hey Walter, I wouldnt qualify as a mermaid, but would love to visit the park and view the beautiful mermaids. Specially the ones on SD.COM, which seems to be all of them.

Cevin :respect:

#20 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 06:00 PM

Don,
Walter can take you into the park. He is not a dive shop but will qualify to take you into the park. Let us know when you are coming. I am sure it would be an awesome time. There is also a place to float down the river. The river is crystal clear and is about 3 hrs. Smooth safe ride.

Happy Bubbles!

I'm sure he could, but I wouldn't ask that of him. It'll be enough to ask him for connections, so I can go with a LDS that's going anyway.

Also planning a trip with Birds - who thinks we may find some Manatees who hang around some springs all summer, rather than migrating like most do. Even if we don't find any of them, it'll be a good outing, river swim and all.

AND - I'd be interested in one morning of Gulf Diving there. I know that some do it, so there must be something to see...? The rest of the family can go do Busch Gardens that day.

We're looking at the last weekend of July, for 5 days. I've been putting so many trips together lately, I guess I need to get to work on this one...

thanks, don

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#21 divegirlzoe

divegirlzoe

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:OW / DiveCon
  • Logged Dives:??

Posted 09 April 2004 - 06:12 PM

Don,
Walter has his in with the mermaids. I don't think he would mind.

Byrd's is a fine operation but Manatees will not be in water that is colder than the gulf.

Hope to see you when you are here.

#22 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 01:32 PM

Don,
Walter has his in with the mermaids. I don't think he would mind.

Byrd's is a fine operation but Manatees will not be in water that is colder than the gulf.

Hope to see you when you are here.

We had an underwater park in south Texas for years, a take-off on this one between Austin and San Antonio. I remember marveling at the mermaid show once nearly 30 years ago, and again about 10 years ago when I took my daughter. The park went bankrupt later on, and the state took over the site. Now it's an underwater archological dig, and some of us are planning on driving down to dive it in July. Glad that the original is still going!!

Anyway, Zoe - thanks for your kind comments and offers. My daughter, son-in-law, 12 year old grandson, and 1 year old granddaughter will be with me when we're out that way in July, so it's difficult to say what our schedule will be. My sister might come with us, too? The baby shouldn't come, but my daughter will insist, and - some of that will be good. Nonetheless, one of us will have to be with the babe while the rest are in any water activities. Anyway, I'll post an outline of our plans closer in, and if it's convenient to meet us, maybe dive with me - super.

#23 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 17 April 2004 - 12:25 AM

Jeez... last time I was there was in the early- to mid-50's. Back then I thought the mermaids looked awfully old... now they'd say the same about me. Sniff!

Dr. Bill

#24 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 17 April 2004 - 02:59 AM

Back then I thought the mermaids looked awfully old... now they'd say the same about me. Sniff!

Dr. Bill

Dr Bill,

If you think that they would say the same about you, hummm, if you thought they looked OLD THEN, what do you think they would look like now? UH? They would still see you as the youngster that you are.

:taz: back sir, we have missed you around here!

-ZD
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users