• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dry Tortugas July 9-13, 2008 Trip Report!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 EASY

EASY

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:42 PM

Great Crew! Great Boat! Great Company! Thanks to everyone for making my first SingleDivers outing one of the most memorable vacations of my life! I can't wait to do it again! Eric :welcome:

Attached Thumbnails

• Group_Photo_1web.jpg

#2 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:47 PM

Great Crew! Great Boat! Great Company! Thanks to everyone for making my first SingleDivers outing one of the most memorable vacations of my life! I can't wait to do it again!

Eric :fish:

I want to know why the lady holding the yellow can in the pic isn't wearing her SingleDivers.com T-Shirt?

#3 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:01 PM

Great Crew! Great Boat! Great Company! Thanks to everyone for making my first SingleDivers outing one of the most memorable vacations of my life! I can't wait to do it again! Eric :fish:

Great picture! Thanks Eric for sharing.
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#4 netmage

netmage

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech & Cave
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:46 PM

Eeeck... 5+ hours of video to edit... I had to run to BestBuy for a 1TB drive just to dump this to....!

Who else got all 22 dives in....?
"I aim to misbehave...."

#5 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:55 PM

Great Crew! Great Boat! Great Company! Thanks to everyone for making my first SingleDivers outing one of the most memorable vacations of my life! I can't wait to do it again!

I want to know why the lady holding the yellow can in the pic isn't wearing her SingleDivers.com T-Shirt?

You just can't see SD logos

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#6 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:55 PM

You just can't see SD logos

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#7 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:22 AM

Ditto to what Eric said. What a blast!! Thanks to everyone, what a EASY group to be around. :lmao:

I even got to swing by my old stomping grounds of Texas courtesy of Continental and a delayed flight that rerouted my return... :fish: Did they change the airport in the last ten years?

Now that I'm home...I have a long list of scuba stuff to buy.... I think I could have used some of those spring fin straps. Margarita I loved what you said about "Woman versus Ladder", perhaps I will win the battle of ladders, sea and fins with some spring action!!

Yes, WW, I want info on BP/W when you get the chance...

My faves for this trip -- Bat Caves and swim throughs- loved the coral formations, and Great Every Time - so much life!

#8 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:47 PM

Another great trip with Singledivers.com!! Thank you Kamala, Sandy and everyone else involved for putting together this trip! Thanks to the staff of the Spree for doing such a great job! Thanks Tim, for letting me borrow your tank! Thanks to all the Singledivers that came on this trip, as everyone had their part in making it another great trip!

Yes I made all 22 dives with Tim. There must be others that are members of the "dive your ass off club".
I didn't miss a meal either!

The Goliath Groupers were quite a sight to see. So was watching the octopus crawl across the coral changing colors as it went. The batcaves with their many tunnels made for quite adventuresome dives too.

MNJoe

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#9 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:54 PM

It sounds like everyone had a blast!! Are we going to get to see any more pics from you travelers???? Thanks Eric for posting that wonderful group shot, it's nice to see what the rest of us missed :welcome:

#10 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:09 PM

It was a great trip and I posted some pictures in the gallery:

Dry Tortugas pictures

Here's a picture of Kamala, Larry (aka Orcaman) and Elvis on the trip down from NC:

KamalaLarryElvis.jpg

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#11 timalso

timalso

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Cert Level:instructor
  • Logged Dives:350

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:52 PM

It was a great trip and I posted some pictures in the gallery:

Dry Tortugas pictures

Here's a picture of Kamala, Larry (aka Orcaman) and Elvis on the trip down from NC:

KamalaLarryElvis.jpg

Did not know Elvis was a diver

#12 hambergler

hambergler

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:475

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:16 AM

Nice trip (even with the lost luggage scare), good seas and diving, and great people.

Now if they'd only get with it and drop the Vandenberg off Key West like they're supposed to...

I have a few pictures that came out okay (just about what you'd expect from a Reefmaster Mini with no decent flash), and will try to post them.
I'm growing older but not up,
My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck.
Let those winds of time blow over my head,
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.

#13 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:29 AM

:birthday: I had a great time! It was great meeting new people and seeing the ones that I have met on previous trips. I thought the boat and crew did an outstanding job. Hope to post some pix asap, Zach
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#14 Kelp Diver

Kelp Diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:52

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:37 PM

Another great trip with Singledivers.com!! Thank you Kamala, Sandy and everyone else involved for putting together this trip! Thanks to the staff of the Spree for doing such a great job! Thanks Tim, for letting me borrow your tank! Thanks to all the Singledivers that came on this trip, as everyone had their part in making it another great trip!

Yes I made all 22 dives with Tim. There must be others that are members of the "dive your ass off club".
I didn't miss a meal either!

The Goliath Groupers were quite a sight to see. So was watching the octopus crawl across the coral changing colors as it went. The batcaves with their many tunnels made for quite adventuresome dives too.

MNJoe

Robert(Colorado) and I are also members of the dive your ass off club. I also squeezed in another 6 on the return crawl. Still not enough!

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:47 AM

Eric :birthday:

Because I was wearing my SD chammz instead! :birthday:

By the way...coming to other members soon I might add! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users