• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NJ HH in September

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:37 PM

I'm thinking group diving and barbecue one Saturday in September at Dutch Springs. We can run the event all day long from the opening through the night dive. People can just show up and participate for any portion of the day they have available. Probably start the babecue around 4:00, so that anyone travelling some distance could still leave afterwards a get home at a reasonable time (you know, in case you got a hot date lined up).

The Saturday options are Sep 6, 13, 20,27. Lets take a poll and indicate which days you could commit. We'll go with the one that most people can attend.

1. BubbleBoy available Sep 6, 13, 20,27

Edited by BubbleBoy, 10 August 2008 - 01:38 PM.

BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#2 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:14 AM

I'm interested but one of those first two weekends in September (I don't know which yet) there will be a pig roast in Point that two other regular HH attendees will also be going to.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#3 BoomerNJ

BoomerNJ

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW!!
  • Logged Dives:23

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:01 PM

Hi, I'm a new member but I thought I'd pipe up... lol...

I would love to start out with a bang & meet up at Dutch! I'm available any weekend but the 13th (firefighters convention in Wildwood)...

Take care guys & I look forward to meeting everyone!

Dive Safe,

Chris
"The Sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides." -Jules Verne

“I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.” -Jack London

#4 NJBerserker

NJBerserker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver/ Nitrox/ DAN DEMP/ TDI Dive Medic
  • Logged Dives:~75

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:00 PM

I can do the last two weekends.
Proud Member of the Cooper River "A-Team"

#5 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:15 PM

I'm available any weekend but the 13th (firefighters convention in Wildwood)...

Chris

Where are you a firefighter? We have a member who is a firefighter in Orange but she won't dive local. Heidi apparently can take the heat but not the cold water :teeth:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#6 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:22 AM

Looks like the second half of Sep is better for everyone. Let’s try for Saturday, Sep 20 and save the 27th as a possible fallback.

If you can make it, try to confirm the 20th by the 15th, that way we can make preparations for food. If we don’t get more than 5, we might want to skip the hassle of cooking and just have it delivered. :blush2:
BB

#7 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:37 AM

Looks like the second half of Sep is better for everyone. Let’s try for Saturday, Sep 20 and save the 27th as a possible fallback.

If you can make it, try to confirm the 20th by the 15th, that way we can make preparations for food. If we don’t get more than 5, we might want to skip the hassle of cooking and just have it delivered. :blush2:
BB

#8 BoomerNJ

BoomerNJ

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:40 PM

I'm available any weekend but the 13th (firefighters convention in Wildwood)...

Chris

Where are you a firefighter? We have a member who is a firefighter in Orange but she won't dive local. Heidi apparently can take the heat but not the cold water :cheerleader:

I'm a volunteer in Little Silver & Shrewsbury. We can all take the heat, it's the cold that gets to us... I won't dive all year round like some do, I don't see freezing my a$$ off as a fun way to spend the day... That's also the reason I got a drysuit as soon as I could, a little cold I can take. Cold & wet? Forget it...
"The Sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides." -Jules Verne

“I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.” -Jack London

#9 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:28 PM

I should be up Dutch the 20th, I might be doing an Open H2O cert then.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#10 sudsymark

sudsymark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Cert Level:Certified as teenager, SSI DiveCon and Scuba Ranger Instructor
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:56 PM

Sounds like such fun!!!! If you are going to have delivery maybe someone from the southwest can birng some real BBQ?
In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we underdstand; and we will only understand what we are taught. -Baba Dioum

#11 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:18 AM

I will by flying to Chicago for a meeting on the 20th, thus can't make it that day. :cool1:

#12 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:34 PM

O.K. Who is still on for meeting up and diving at Dutch Springs on Saturday Sep 20.

I'm a definite. I'll be spending the night too, so, I could be in for a night dive, and then some diving on Sunday.

If anyone wants to barbecue, I'll be happy to help with the food arrangements. I don't have a grill though, so, someone will have to bring that.
BB

#13 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:28 PM

O.K. Who is still on for meeting up and diving at Dutch Springs on Saturday Sep 20.

I'm a definite. I'll be spending the night too, so, I could be in for a night dive, and then some diving on Sunday.

If anyone wants to barbecue, I'll be happy to help with the food arrangements. I don't have a grill though, so, someone will have to bring that.

I am a definite no. Will be flying to a meeting in Chicago on the 20th.

Have fun. :cool2:

#14 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:25 PM

I'm up there that weekend with classes.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#15 BoomerNJ

BoomerNJ

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:53 AM

Hey all...

Well, my diving season is over... I tore my Achilles tendon on Friday & am out for at least the next 3 months... It's my right leg, so I can't even drive up just to hang out, lol... So unfortunately I won't be able to make it! :cheerleader:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users