• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

00: SOLD OUT!!! Grenada & The Grenadines for New Year's Eve!

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#16 octoeight

octoeight

Getting started

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Cert Level:Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:16 PM

I'm in for the Grenada trip - standard room - need a hotel room for 12/26/08.

I'll be arriving GND from MIA on AA 2171 at 9:40 p.m. on 12/26/08. I'll be returning to MIA from GND on AA 2174 at 9:45 a.m. on 1/3/09.

I'll be driving from Orlando to Miami on 12/26/08. If there is anyone else from the Orlando area on the trip who would like to car pool to Miami please contact me.

Octoeight

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:08 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

The Peter Hughes website says that the diving is NOT for new divers. This is true...it is not for extremely new divers BECAUSE it is MOSTLY DRIFT DIVING and you need to be able to have good bouyancy to hold a 15 ft stop in open water without a line under the boat to do your safety stop. You also need to be able to do a backward roll off the small boats and get in and out of a small boat (panga).

For those previously signed up for the Bahamas trip...ALL of you should be able to handle those conditions. -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 Houston Squid

Houston Squid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:National Geographic OW, AOW, Nitrox (IANTD)
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:42 PM

I am very interested in this one and will discuss it with you in the Bahamas this next week.
Signature under construction :)

• Guests

Posted 19 September 2008 - 07:41 AM

Hi WW,

Cmdr. Clownfish is humbly requesting permission to reboard the boat, ma'am!!!

Between a bunch of PMs I've gotten from several people encouraging me to go (thanks all) and your post about the water conditions I've decided I WOULD like to go if it is still possible. The water sounds about like Roatan, so that should be fine.

D/o (single bed), nitrox, arriving on the 26th, leaving on the 3rd.

Also the PH website says they offer Night and Deep classes onboard. I would like to take these classes, preferably from Bill but the PH staff instructor will do if that is not possible.

Thanks again to everybody for their flurry of PM's over the last week :birthday:, This will be a great group and a great Berthday (get it... boat... berth... well I though it was clever).

Scott

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:02 AM

I am very interested in this one and will discuss it with you in the Bahamas this next week.

AWESOME!!! Consider it done!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:09 AM

Hi WW,

Between a bunch of PMs I've gotten from several people encouraging me to go (thanks all) and your post about the water conditions I've decided I WOULD like to go if it is still possible. The water sounds about like Roatan, so that should be fine.

Also the PH website says they offer Night and Deep classes onboard. I would like to take these classes, preferably from Bill but the PH staff instructor will do if that is not possible.

Thanks again to everybody for their flurry of PM's over the last week :birthday:, This will be a great group and a great Berthday (get it... boat... berth... well I though it was clever).

Scott

Scott this community is the BEST I've ever had the priviledge of knowing. :teeth: I KNOW you will do fine diving here and I would :P the chance to dive with you again!

Bill would be more than happy to accommodate your requests to teach on the trip. He does teach his deep class a bit different than many meaning he teaches it to the max standards vs the min standards. His reason is he is usually preparing someone to continue doing deeper and more technical dives so he 'starts them off right'. There are things you will learn such as many different ways of using redundant air sources that is not manditory but certainly very useful.

We will need to check but the boat should have everything he needs to do the class. I will have him contact you to make sure you are comfortable with him doing the class.

And may I say that you are quite smart to do those critical first night dives under instruction and get the card while you are at it. It made all the difference for me! :P

If you are not nitrox certified you SHOULD consider that one the most! But I think you are EAN certified already aren't you?

p.s. Spending your 'berth-day' with you will be AWESOME!!! :dancing:

formerly...

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:22 AM

IMPORTANT TRIP NOTICE:

1. First :birthday: all for helping to make this transition as easy as possible. We want everyone who had a spot on the Bahamas boat to have one on the Grenada boat if they desire it.

2. To secure your spot you'll need to confirm your desire to change and send us your airfare changes AND you will need to complete the Peter Hughes Diving Waiver/Application which you'll find in our Forms Forum and send it to SD.com and Peter Hughes Diving (see link in my signature line.)

3. If you have not opted to take your spot on this boat we will open it up to other members who would like to make this trip. Please make your decisions by the end of September one way or the other.

formerly...

#23 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:13 AM

Just checking, have you received my new flight details? Thanks!!

#24 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:19 AM

Just checking, have you received my new flight details? Thanks!!

Yep! The first post shows I have them and we are updating the thread to show it too! :cheerleader:

formerly...

• Guests

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:56 AM

Hi WW,

Thanks again to everybody for their flurry of PM's over the last week :cheerleader:, This will be a great group and a great Berthday (get it... boat... berth... well I though it was clever).

Scott

Scott this community is the BEST I've ever had the priviledge of knowing. :taz: I KNOW you will do fine diving here and I would :taz: the chance to dive with you again!

Bill would be more than happy to accommodate your requests to teach on the trip. He does teach his deep class a bit different than many meaning he teaches it to the max standards vs the min standards. His reason is he is usually preparing someone to continue doing deeper and more technical dives so he 'starts them off right'. There are things you will learn such as many different ways of using redundant air sources that is not manditory but certainly very useful.

We will need to check but the boat should have everything he needs to do the class. I will have him contact you to make sure you are comfortable with him doing the class.

And may I say that you are quite smart to do those critical first night dives under instruction and get the card while you are at it. It made all the difference for me! :taz:

If you are not nitrox certified you SHOULD consider that one the most! But I think you are EAN certified already aren't you?

p.s. Spending your 'berth-day' with you will be AWESOME!!! :cool1:

Yep, I am EAN certified and I paid for it already. As for teaching the max standards... then bring it on. I want a good class that will keep me out of trouble and not just a card. The more the better. I'm an engineer and I don't like people holding back on these kinds of things. It is that important a topic after all. That's why I took Rescue before I took a trip. Didn't want to find out I wasn't prepared when I wasn't prepared. That was a tough instructor that went beyond the mins also and I got ALOT out of it.

Time to change the air tickets now.

This will be good. Thanks

#26 SeaSeeker

SeaSeeker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:42+

Posted 19 September 2008 - 04:52 PM

Hi,
please confirm me for the Grenada trip.
I have changed my flights and I arrive Dec 26 at 9:40pm and depart Jan 9 at 7:35 am.

WW, please book me at True Blue Bay for Dec 26.
Also, please see what you can do for me to get a package of room, meals and dives for Jan 3 to Jan 9 at True Blue Bay.
Let me know what you find.

I will send you the forms and flight details on Monday.

ciao,
Tammie aka SeaSeeker
Carpe Diem!

#27 knighthawk

knighthawk

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:Adv.OW
  • Logged Dives:16

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:01 PM

Hey WW,
This sounds like fun;

"Bill would be more than happy to accommodate your requests to teach on the trip. He does teach his deep class a bit different than many meaning he teaches it to the max standards vs the min standards. His reason is he is usually preparing someone to continue doing deeper and more technical dives so he 'starts them off right'. There are things you will learn such as many different ways of using redundant air sources that is not manditory but certainly very useful"

How do I get involved? Any line on flights ? Glad to here Scott will still be comin' along.

Thanks,
Ed
Ed

" The trick is to fill up your bag of experience before you empty your bag of luck." CC

#28 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:16 PM

Hi WW,

Thanks again to everybody for their flurry of PM's over the last week :teeth:, This will be a great group and a great Berthday (get it... boat... berth... well I though it was clever).

Scott

Yea!! Glad you're coming. I was hoping we'd get to celebrate another birthday (er...berthday :o ) on the trip. No, WW this does not mean I participate in said "activities" but it does mean I liked being able to wish someone happy birthday!! :(

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:42 AM

Hey WW,
This sounds like fun;

"Bill would be more than happy to accommodate your requests to teach on the trip. He does teach his deep class a bit different than many meaning he teaches it to the max standards vs the min standards. His reason is he is usually preparing someone to continue doing deeper and more technical dives so he 'starts them off right'. There are things you will learn such as many different ways of using redundant air sources that is not manditory but certainly very useful"

How do I get involved? Any line on flights ? Glad to here Scott will still be comin' along.

Thanks,
Ed

Working on flights...will advise if I can score you one.

As for classes....just tell us what you are interested in and we'll make it happen.

formerly...

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:43 AM

Hi,
please confirm me for the Grenada trip.
I have changed my flights and I arrive Dec 26 at 9:40pm and depart Jan 9 at 7:35 am.

WW, please book me at True Blue Bay for Dec 26.
Also, please see what you can do for me to get a package of room, meals and dives for Jan 3 to Jan 9 at True Blue Bay.
Let me know what you find.

I will send you the forms and flight details on Monday.

ciao,
Tammie aka SeaSeeker

Great news! You will do just fine...I promise! I will work on a pkg for True Blue for the week for you. I have the rooms already reserved.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users