• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

4/09 PNW Dive and Consumer Show

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:40 PM

Northwest Dive & Travel Expo
Saturday and Sunday - April 25-26, 2009
Tacoma Convention Center - Tacoma, WA (30 minutes South of the greater Seattle Area)
Web: http://www.diveandtravelexpo.com

Posted Image

Ok mark your calendars...SD will have a booth at this show and we would LOVE to see you there too! And if you want to help with the show...we need to supply a certain number of volunteers to the show in order to get our discounted booth price! Plus SD will need a few peeps to help work in the booth!

And if you worked the show LAST YEAR and can help again...we'll have an extra special surprise for you! :angry:

p.s. These shows help us recruit new members which enables us to keep filling our trips and therefore keep existing. Please consider helping us to help build our club! :birthday:

Who's Helping The Show and/or SD Booth:

1. Keith aka KeithT4U
2. Nicolle aka Dive_Girl
3. Michelle aka cmt489
4. Dan aka Scubatooth
5. Sassi
6. Kevin aka Kevininpo
7. Duncan aka Bottomtime (Sat & Sun)
8. Kelly aka yeoman (Fri)

Who's Going to the Happy Hour:

1. Keith aka KeithT4U
2. Nicolle aka Dive_Girl
3. Michelle aka cmt489
4. Dan aka Scubatooth
5. Sassi
6. Kevin aka kevininpo
7. Kelly aka yeoman

Edited by diverdeb, 18 March 2009 - 03:29 PM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:24 PM

You know I am in, just to see the purple hair again. Also how could you complete the show without the foot massage? Looking forward to being there and I hope to get in some more diving this time too.

Keith
If at first you don't suceed.....don't try sky diving.
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

You know I am in, just to see the purple hair again. Also how could you complete the show without the foot massage? Looking forward to being there and I hope to get in some more diving this time too.

Keith

Part of getting this out there is so we can plan BETTER and we can ensure FOOT MASSAGES for all the lovely ladies who work in the booth and of course so we can talk about arriving early or staying late to DIVE!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:35 PM

I'll make sure our 2009 shop calendar doesn't post a conflicting trip like we did in 2008. I would like to attend this event and have as many form our shop attend as well. :birthday:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#5 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:52 PM

I'll make sure our 2009 shop calendar doesn't post a conflicting trip like we did in 2008. I would like to attend this event and have as many form our shop attend as well. :birthday:

Since Tolly and I will not be in Thailand this year you can probably count us in!

#6 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:56 PM

I'd like to work the booth at either the Dive & Travel Expo in WA, or the Beneath the Sea Expo in NJ.....it's the same distance to either one from Missouri! The Dema Show is during a month I cannot take time off. But, I want to go on the Fiji trip that's being planned, so when that trip is firmed up, I'll know better what I can volunteer for! :birthday:
Posted Image

#7 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:59 PM

Keith

Part of getting this out there is so we can plan BETTER and we can ensure FOOT MASSAGES for all the lovely ladies who work in the booth and of course so we can talk about arriving early or staying late to DIVE!!!

Arrive early AND stay late to dive, never enough time to dive.

:)

Keith
If at first you don't suceed.....don't try sky diving.
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#8 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

Arrive early AND stay late to dive, never enough time to dive.

Dove there for 11 years.. probably have close to 1,000 dives in PNW waters..
Truer words have not been spoken...

NEVER ENOUGH DIVES

Edited by gis_gal, 01 October 2008 - 07:59 PM.

Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#9 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:08 PM

I'll make sure our 2009 shop calendar doesn't post a conflicting trip like we did in 2008. I would like to attend this event and have as many form our shop attend as well. :)

Since Tolly and I will not be in Thailand this year you can probably count us in!

Did I mention I am still cranky with the two over that! :)
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#10 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:08 PM

Im in :) I can play kitten herder :)

I will be coming(planning on it) in early to get some diving in, as i want to do the treasure hunt since i have a nack for finding golfballs in low vis.

WW this was going to conflict with another item on my schedule but that class has another session in September which works as well, as i dont want to miss the optional training day where i can get a few instructor certs at the same time.

Just let me know what you need.

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:34 PM

WOW! What a great response so far!

This show was AMAZING last year and the place was 'hoppin' and 'rockin' thanks to the expertise of our EVEN MORE AMAZING VOLUNTEERS! :)

We were told that we truly helped the show to succeed! (Helping to handle the check in process for vendors, run the kids events, spearhead volunteer efforts, help coordinate all the prizes received...yep...I think we really made a difference!) :)

formerly...

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:35 PM

I'll make sure our 2009 shop calendar doesn't post a conflicting trip like we did in 2008. I would like to attend this event and have as many form our shop attend as well. :)

Did I mention I am still cranky with the two over that! :)

BTW...did I mention I'm still cranky with you all too???? :)

formerly...

#13 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:37 PM

Can i call dibs on deep ambitions? LOL

I will do just about anything but keep me away from the prize sorting and passing out, and being assistant to the show organizer

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#14 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:52 AM

I'll make sure our 2009 shop calendar doesn't post a conflicting trip like we did in 2008. I would like to attend this event and have as many form our shop attend as well. :(

Did I mention I am still cranky with the two over that! :thankyou:

BTW...did I mention I'm still cranky with you all too???? :thankyou:

And yet, neither one of us feels even the slightest bit of guilt :cool1:

#15 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:18 PM

Once I confirm my schedule, we can discuss if there are specialties people may be interested in taking while here pending on logistics (examples: drysuit, EANx, PNW Fish ID). I have great connections with a local dive shop in the area (A-2-Z Scuba) and can get use of a pool Friday evening. We can also arrange all necessary gear rentals through A-2-Z for any traveling divers. They have a variety of tank sizes, do EANx fills, and have excellent drysuit rentals (Whites Fusion - all the new rage). And this is in addition to being just the most fabulous dive shop and staff in the greater Tacoma area! :thankyou:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users