• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

4/09 PNW Dive and Consumer Show

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:23 PM

Once I confirm my schedule, we can discuss if there are specialties people may be interested in taking while here pending on logistics (examples: drysuit, EANx, PNW Fish ID). I have great connections with a local dive shop in the area (A-2-Z Scuba) and can get use of a pool Friday evening. We can also arrange all necessary gear rentals through A-2-Z for any traveling divers. They have a variety of tank sizes, do EANx fills, and have excellent drysuit rentals (Whites Fusion - all the new rage). And this is in addition to being just the most fabulous dive shop and staff in the greater Tacoma area! :thankyou:

I would love the nitrox course, not sure that time would allow but if we could sneak in AOW that would be totally awesome and get me ready for the keys in May.

Keith
If at first you don't suceed.....don't try sky diving.
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#17 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:23 PM

Once I confirm my schedule, we can discuss if there are specialties people may be interested in taking while here pending on logistics (examples: drysuit, EANx, PNW Fish ID). I have great connections with a local dive shop in the area (A-2-Z Scuba) and can get use of a pool Friday evening. We can also arrange all necessary gear rentals through A-2-Z for any traveling divers. They have a variety of tank sizes, do EANx fills, and have excellent drysuit rentals (Whites Fusion - all the new rage). And this is in addition to being just the most fabulous dive shop and staff in the greater Tacoma area! :thankyou:

I would love the nitrox course, not sure that time would allow but if we could sneak in AOW that would be totally awesome and get me ready for the keys in May.

Keith

Keep us informed as your schedule starts to shape up and we'll see what we will have time for! I will work with WreckWench to put together class descriptions, agendas, and pricing. :thankyou:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#18 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:18 AM

I've contacted A-2-Z Scuba in Tacoma (they are just about a straight shot down the road Bandito currently docks at) and started the discussion of equipment rentals, drysuit rentals, class space, and pool access. We should have no issue covering all of these. I'll post prices just after the 1st of the year. As that looks to be a busy weekend, we should secure all necessary rentals in advance. :thankyou:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#19 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:07 PM

A-2-Z Scuba ROCKS :thankyou:

A great dive shop full of fabulous people.
Great choice DG
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#20 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:50 PM

A-2-Z Scuba ROCKS :-D

A great dive shop full of fabulous people.
Great choice DG

totally!! I :wub: the A-2-Z Scuba gang! This was the shop I staffed an IDC for the first week of September. I have known Amy for a number of years and was excited to have the opportunity to spend time at her shop and to get to know her staff. I felt right at home and am excited to have such excellent shop support in the local area to assist with traveling divers in connection with this show!

#21 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:28 PM

OK all this sounds good. With the company I am with now it looks like I will get a trip to Portland, Or then need a ride or rent a car or something to get to Tacoma. I am not sure how early I could get in or how late I can stay because I am going to try to plan for the May trip to FL. But I might just have to bite the bullet and go to FL in Aug for my birthday. We will see when more gets posted as far as times and costs. Also Kamala are you planning on renting a block of rooms or is it find your own again? Let me know.

Keith
If at first you don't suceed.....don't try sky diving.
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#22 Sassi

Sassi

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:53 PM

I had so much fun last year! Count me in again;

#23 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:45 PM

I had so much fun last year! Count me in again;

Got you down! :wakawaka:
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#24 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:46 PM

Unless you guys tell me otherwise, I'm putting you down for both the booth and HH. If you can only do one or the other please let me know by posting in this thread. If the 1st thread is incorrect about anyone, let me know and I'll update it.

Thanks to all that have signed up!! :wakawaka:

#25 pinkmedic16

pinkmedic16

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:master diver
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 01 November 2008 - 08:59 AM

A-2-Z Scuba LOVES SingleDivers.com

Thanks everyone...I am so glad to hear everyone loves the store.

Let me know what we can do to help out. Looking forward to the show in April!

Edited by PinkPADIgal, 01 November 2008 - 08:59 AM.

:) ♥ Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that makes you smile.

#26 kevininpo

kevininpo

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:45 AM

Unless you guys tell me otherwise, I'm putting you down for both the booth and HH. If you can only do one or the other please let me know by posting in this thread. If the 1st thread is incorrect about anyone, let me know and I'll update it.

Thanks to all that have signed up!! :D

lf Deb is goin l'll be there!
if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

#27 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:33 AM

Thanks to all that have signed up!! :unsure:

lf Deb is goin l'll be there!

I wish! I need to expose my drysuit to some true cold water diving. That whole money thing just keeps getting in the way of my fun. You're going to have to come to FL!

#28 kevininpo

kevininpo

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:37 PM

Sooner rather than later...l wanna dive the O
if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

#29 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Board Status:Always on the go
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+ logged

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:55 PM

Gosh Darn It! I'll be in the UK in April! :teeth:
:fish2: Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...

#30 Bottom Time

Bottom Time

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster. Waiting to proceed to AI. Dive at the Seattle Aquarium.
  • Logged Dives:140

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:06 AM

Not sure if you still need bodies or not but I'm still happy to help out. I'm free both Saturday and Sunday so just let me know what I can do. Unfortunately, I already have a commitment for Friday night's happy-hour.

Duncan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users